“Great Location and Modern...”

The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront
Ranked #40 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel part of our coach tour for 3 nights. Great location. 30 metres to the bus stop of the 'big bus' which travels around downtown Vancouver to the main attractions likely Granville Island, Stanley Park, Gas Town and China Town. 5 min walk to Canada Place where the main buses for Grouse Island, Suspension Bridge and other adventures also pick passengers up and drop them off. Ferry terminal also here is is convention centre and olympic torch. Easy 5 min walk to food places. 10-15 min walk to the main shopping/entertainment street. Safe place to walk around, brightly lit surrounds.

Friendly door staff, reception staff seemed knowledgeable and helpful. Overpriced gift shop, if possible try and buy on the main strip Georgia street. Bought a travel adapter here for $17!!! Hotel did not have ANY to lend to travellers which was odd as the Marriott across the road has plenty to lend to its guests.
Restaurant food was pricey and disappointing. Steak was over cooked and chicken and soup was tasteless. Buffet breakfast was over cooked and under cooked and tasteless. Dinner service was poor but views were great. Plenty of restaurants nearby to choose from within walking distance which are better priced than the Renaissance.

Room was solid, couldn't hear the neighbours. We weren't facing the mountains but the building views were nice from the 18th of floor. Request Mountain Views for rooms when booking as these tend to be booked quite quickly. Wifi was good, a solid 3MB download and 2MB upload speed and free! (In welcome book it says $15.95 for 24hrs) We were streaming medium defintion video off the net for 3 hours without any issues. Hotel looks modern with decor and walls and bed all quite new. Comfortable room size for 2 people.

Overall this hotel was adequate with free wifi and modern decor. Its location was great as without it we wouldn't hesitate to give it 3 stars. Food was poor, staff service was average but wifi was excellent. They also have 2 computers in the lobby with internet for guests to use. Any hotels in this location will have access to the 'Big Bus' which i strongly recommend. We bought 2 passes for $38 each for use for 2 days. Depending on the price offered we may stay here again, but definitely request Mountain View Rooms as the view is amazing.

Room Tip: Mountain View rooms are the best. The higher the level the better. there are 18 floors to choose fro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,807)

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because I got a great deal on the rooms. Hoped to check in a little early on the day of check-in (no such luck) and was informed that my request for two close rooms with King-size beds on a high floor "would be very difficult." No problem.

When we did finally check in, our air conditioner didn't seem to be working right but my wife (pregnant) and I toughed it out through the night. The next morning, we informed the front desk that our air conditioner was not working and that we'd like to switch rooms. We were asked if the hotel could send an engineer up to make sure we were operating it correctly. The system literally has four buttons (on/off, warmer, cooler, F/C)...not exactly rocket science but ok...send them up. After some fiddling with the A/C unit, the engineer concludes that it is, in fact, busted and suggests a portable A/C unit instead of moving our rooms. We oblige and leave for the day.

Upon return, the room is only marginally cooler with the portable unit and now has an intake hose out the window (which means we got to listen to traffic all night). Oh, and I had the privilege of dumping out all of the wastecans full of condensation water out of the portable A/C unit.

I would definitely check around before staying here again. Spending a little more money to stay in a nicer hotel would be advisable (suggest the Westin Bayshore, any of the Fairmonts, or the Blue Horizon). Overall, not a great experience.

Room Tip: Pick one with a working A/C unit.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Spencer B
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Check in was quick and easy, I was using 3rd party billing as my Mom paid for my room stay and tax. Just gave the required form filled out and was good to go.

Booked a city view and was upgraded to a harbour view room.

Had a minor issue with the tv not working but was given an upgrade to room with 1 king bed, a balcony and a nicer view of the harbour.

Bed was very comfortable. Room was a good nice and well appointed.

Free computer in the lobby is always a nice bonus.

Had breakfrast at the hotel, was quite pricey but the staff was attentive and quality and quantity was great!

Good location, in the heart of downtown and right by the water.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had specifically booked this as part of our Canadian vacation thinking that it was on the harbour, it is not, it is a block away. Our room anyway was overlooking the road and not very inspiring, rooms are quite small with not a lot of space to stow two suitcases.
During our vacation we will have stayed in 7 hotels and this is the only one that wanted to charge us for wi Fi, as a result we did not use the restaurant facilities, preferring to find,local ones offering better value with free wi Fi. With free wifi seemingly everywhere I cannot understand Marriots policy of charging and what's more people paying them for using it.
Staff were first rate, very helpful.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel is well situated in the city of Vancouver.
The service and staff are very friendly and efficient.
Rooms have amazing views of Grouse mountain.
We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbourview room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a romance package. I was informed that I got upgraded to a gorgeous harbor view room! Great!! There was a bit of confusion upon check in if the package included the parking fee or not. Actually, The reservation confirmation was a bit confusing about the parking so I had to call to verity it prior to the arrival date. At the end, the front desk informed me that it was included.

Room was very spacious and clean.
One thing I noticed and would have liked better if the bathrobes were provided in the room.

One of the reason I chose this hotel was the hot tub and the pool being available 24 hours. When I went for swimming, I found out that no lockers were available in the change room. They are in the gym/yoga excercise area. I felt bit uncomfortable leaving my stuff there without any lock. (this is why I wish bathrobes were provided in the room so there was no need for lockers)
Pool temperature was great. very clean. Great size. Really enjoyed. Unfortunately, the hot tub was not the same case. Very dirty. Full of hairs. I got in and out within a minute.

I had breakfast buffett in p2b. Great selection of hot items. I would have liked better if green salad was available ( I know I can't expect too much from buffet) Restaurant staffs were very friendly. Manager came to ask me a coule of times how I was doing to make sure everything was taken care of. I really appreciated that.

Overall it was a great stay. I Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank versa309
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have been visiting this hotel 2 or 3 times a year for the last several years. It has definitely improved over this time and I would easily recommend staying here, especially with club access. The breakfast provided (eggs/sausage or bacon/breads/danishes/muffins/fresh fruit/cereals/juices, etc.) is excellent. The staff at front desk, restaurant, club lounge are professional. Rooms are very clean and well appointed with new HDTV channels with a lot better choice than before. Internet is reliable and fast. Great for business or pleasure. Location is central and a 10 min. walk to the Canada Line from/to YVR airport. If walking, just stay on West Hastings St. to reach the rapid transit station. My only negative is the swimming pool starts off too shallow (at less than 2') and the hot tub is on the small side but good temperature and jets. The best part is that the pool and gym is open 24 hours.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business