20 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$238
Travelocity$238
ZenHotels.com$250
6,563 results
All reviews great location stanley park harbour view canada place coal harbour convention center walking distance hot tub bit dated downtown vancouver cruise terminal hotel restaurant robson street p2b conference gastown seawall
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Although the bed was nice, the 259 dollar room overlooking the harbor was not worth it. There wasn't even a bar fridge in the room, room service was closed at 10:00 and the lounge on a sat nite was closed before midnite.
internet was extra, parking extra, breakfast extra, and when i asked to bring a bottle of wine at 10:05 to our room(for our romantic getaway) i was told to head to a pub or 711 if i wanted something else. Transferred us to an overpriced pizza place who took 2 hours to deliver. I was incredibly Disappointed it in this room. For the same price can have penthouse suites in other hotels that have far batter service and decor.
Harbor view by the way is DEF not worth it either considering theres a giant chevron oil rig sitting in the middle with horrid bright lights. haha, horrid arts on walls colors are also a lie, pictures on their site did not tell the truth.
May as well have stayed at a holiday in on top of a Dennys. Thanks Marriot for rippiing me off. Try the Listel hotel! Actually have taste and fantastic service. Good luck folks.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Arteleis
DHOVancouver, Director, Hotel Operations at The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank you for sharing your comments with regards to your recent stay at our hotel.

As the Director of Hotel Operations for the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel, I appreciate the time taken to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. Our team works very hard to deliver the best possible experience for all of our guests, and I am truly sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations for your recent romantic getaway. From your post, it sounds like this was a very disappointing experience for both of you.

The problems you experienced with room service are not reflective of our service offerings and we have followed with up with all team members to ensure that this does not occur in the future.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance so that you may experience the high level of service and offerings you may expect from our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Really enjoyed my stay at the Renaissance Vancouver. I was here on a business trip and our negotiated rate was really great. Every thing was wonderful during my 4 night stay. The breakfast buffet was excellent but it was included in our corporate rate- I wouldn't have paid full price for it. The location was great for access to all of Vancouver. We walked all over the city.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the harbour. it was everything we expected of an upmarket hotel. The gym and indoor pool and spa were great and of high standard. everything was clean and fresh in all areas of the hotel. we were able to use free internet in the lobby where there were 2 permanent computers. The food in the inhouse restaurant was excellent and the service good. we would go back

Room tip: Of a high standard
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I found this hotel to be far above average, and I would be absolutely thrilled to stay here in the future.

The room I had was on the 7th floor and faced the harbour. There was a lovely balcony with two chairs that was wonderful for relaxing in the morning with a cup of coffee (which is available in the room). The room was extremely spacious with a very comfortable bed, a chaise lounge, and a desk chair. One thing I loved was the media center on the desk with many outlets to charge all of your electronic devices. The tv was a newer model flat screen of a nice size for the room.

I really loved the decor of the hotel. From the outside, it's relatively plain, but once inside you immediately see that the decor is very modern and chic. The hallways are red, and my room had walls of two shades of yellow. The bathroom had yellow walls with black countertops, very sleek. I also enjoyed the modern security feature of the elevator, which required a key card to select your floor when going up.

I dined at the hotel restaurant one evening, and I found the food to be excellent and the service to be good. The same menu was available for room service, although I did not use room service during my stay.

Each evening I returned to my room to find chocolates on the bed, which I thought was a nice touch. One of my friends returned to her room early one evening. Housekeeping knocked on her door and offered a warm towel along with her chocolates. I was never in my room early enough to benefit from this service, but I thought it was nice also.

I was in the hotel for 3 nights, and on the afternoon prior to the last night, I recieved a call from the hotel asking if my stay had been satisfactory and if there was anything else they could have done for me. They truly care about customer satisfaction at this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Texas_Traveler_30
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Great location for venturing into downtown Vancouver. Close to the Canada Place and Convention Center Piers - about a 5-10 minute walk. Great views of the harbor, water airport and Stanley Park. The hotel was clean, the service was good and it was a great home base for us. We didn't really take advantage of much in the hotel because of everything offered in downtown Vancouver. One thing I could have done without was the guy who owned the little lobby shop. Every time I went in there he tried to upsell me on something - mostly I just wanted gum or water.

Date of stay: May 2011