“Bed bugs!”

Super 8 Vancouver
Ranked #86 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
“Bed bugs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Bed bugs ate me completely. I'm completely covered with itchy bites...
We waited for manager to arrive to complain, manager was 45 minutes late! We had to catch our plane, so we were in a hurry. I hope they treat the room with poison, but I really have my doubts if that is going to happen. Room needs updating, breakfast wasn't ok, bread was old and dry.

We are experienced travelers, and we never complain about anything... But this hotel...
DON'T STAY IN THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank StessR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

At the time of booking, the website claimed a 24 hour airport shuttle. The Super 8 chain deny this, so I am no longer sure where I and my travel agent found this information. At the front desk I told the clerk where to search and she seemed to have come up with the same page as I relied on and she then printed it out to show the manager. I am told by my travel agent that the web page has now been changed, but this does me no good. It cost me $20 with a tip to get to the airport. The hotel is a long way from the airport and in an almost industrial area with few decent restaurants. It is a budget hotel so my expectations were not high. I have to say that the bed was decent, the TV worked, the door locked, and I got my wakeup call at the time requested. If that is all you want and you can live with being in this area and so far from the airport, then maybe this is the hotel for you. After my embittering experience I will never stay here again!! Even if the shuttle had been available, I doubt if I would have stayed at a hotel so far from YVR. There are many nicer hotels a lot nearer for about the same price. In the end it cost me more to stay at this budget hotel than it would have cost at nicer places nearer the airport.
In spite of my neutral impressions of the hotel building and room, another guest was rushing around taking photos of every little thing that needed refurbishing. Not sure why he was doing this, but I gather that he was not a happy camper!! That makes two of us!!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, and I have to say there are better places in better areas for about the same...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gorjac

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I am still angry I got conned into booking this place. I did not realize till after I booked it through Booking.com that it was NonRefundable. I begged Booking.com and Super 8 to not make me pay, sice Booking.com ranks this place 3 stars ?? They justify their 3 star status. This place is 1-1 1/2 star MAX. Toilets were clean, but the hall ways stunk and the carpet in my room had three large stains in it. No one in their right mind should stay here and don't let Booking.con con you into staying here with three stars OMG they are way off on this property. I did not read Trip Advisor first. WHAT A HUGE MISTAKE!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank twsplace
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed in room 521 on 21 September 2013 and was attacked by BED BUGS!!!! I have about 30 bites all over my body. if you've ever been bitten by these nasty things, then you know the misery I'm going through.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Hans N
Powell River
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The place needs a complete overhaul and the shuttle service is poor and not on time.
One elevator was out of service and the other one sounded like it was going to fail any minute.
Walking out to the parking area was like walking into a poor subway area. Not to safe!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Norm1954
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Coast Vancouver Airport
#73 of 89 in Vancouver
Bridgeport
Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport

Been to Super 8 Vancouver? Share your experiences!