“Our evaluation of our Super 8 room!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Vancouver

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Vancouver
Ranked #86 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Aurora
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was very disappointed in the area in which the hotel was located. I was suppose to be in a non-smoking room however there was cigarette burns all over the carpet. Holes in the curtains. It was a rainy night and very cold, no way to turn on the heat.

I will never stay at another Super 8, one experience was enough for me.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank CRM326
Cambridge, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Caught them on a busy night - 3 cruises leaving plus the Marathon. Clerk was hard to communicate with. Rooms were adequate but old. Truck was too tall for their "safe" parking garage and was warned to take EVERYTHING out of the truck since it would be in the open parking lot. Referred to an Indian eatery which turned out to be nice. Breakfast covered the basics and no more. At one time it probably was a Super 8 but maybe a name change is in order - Mediocre 3 would be accurate. If you are looking for a lower-priced bed for a night, it just fits the bill.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Caryl_Whitlatch

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

First, there were some good things about this Super 8:
1.The location, on Marine Drive, convenient to the airport although certainly not very close to it.
2.The price was very reasonable -- $75/night plus tax.
3.The room size was larger than I expected, it was comprable to a Quality Inn (I'm pretty sure this property was once a Quality Inn) or a Best Western.
4.They provided free Wi-Fi and in-room coffee.

Now for the negatives:
1.The room was really noisy. In turn the noise from the people next door talking loud, and the traffic (I was on the 5th floor out of 6 by the way) took turns drowning each other out. At one point some low-lifes did "doughnuts" and other stunts on the roof of the adjacnt parking garage, on a supercharged Mustang -- the noise was unbearable.
2.The smell of smoke is everywhere -- the bedsheets, the hallways and especially the sports bar downstairs. Either people continue to smoke there, or they have not properly cleaned the place in years.
3.At chek-in I felt like I was treated like a suspicious character. Of coure I offered my credit card, but they wanted to check it aginst my driver's licnse -- alright. Then they put through a charge of $100, more than the value of the room and made me sign it. Why don't classier hotels make me do this? I assumed since I had paid MORE than the room charge at least I could charge my meal. No, that was not possible I was told. The food by the way was very mediocre : My linguini with meatballs tasted like a can of Chef Boy-ar-Dee.

Altogether I would say that I recommend the Super 8 to travelers who have loew standards, and who smoke.

2 Thank niemand
Grand Forks
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

there was blood and dried wine on the wall. the bathroom ceiling fan didn't work. the ceiling and bathtub were peeling. oh yes and no fridge. when I had called to book the room I was told a crib was free but when I checked in I was told $10 a night. The breakfast had old, cold waffles. and when out one bed was made and the other one wasn't touched, not happy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

3 Thank Crystal E
Powell River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

The staff person at the front desk was a bit disorganized, but overall the service was satisfactory. The room was a corner room on the top floor, and it was very clean and quiet. I must say, though, that I couldn't get the baseboard heaters to work. Thank goodness it was a warm day! Underground secure parking was easy, and that plus the breakfast was free with a promotional coupon. A really good deal compared to most other hotels in the city. The breakfast area was spotless, and there was always a worker there to make sure it was clean and refurbished with food. The food selection was varied and totally ample.
Bus service to downtown was right across the street.
I would use this hotel again for short trips to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room away from Marine Drive traffic noise.