“Excellent service”

Ranked #27 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed 4 nights recently for a business trip. Although the hotel is under renovation, the service was up to par. After arriving home, my wife realized she had left one of her coats in the closet. She called the hotel and they said they would try to locate it. They did and couriered it to us the next day. I am a President's Club member and this level of attention and care is one of the reasons I always stay at a Fairmont hotel. Thank you.

1 Thank Canadiantraveler8888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Korean first
Gibsons, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Everything about our stay was excellent!! We arrived quite a bit earlier than normal check-in time and asked if we could store our bags and park the car until check-in and the woman at the front desk told us we could go up early and waived the "early check-in fee". Doors were held open, the staff helped carry our bags, and even called the elevator for us! (NOTE: I should mention that we were little fish in a big pond here, and the only reason we were able to book a deluxe King room is because I cashed in all my Flight Network points! We were easily impressed!) Our room was great, the decor was lush and fancy, and the soaker tub was a dream come true! And speaking of dreams, I would gladly cough up another $200 just to sleep in that bed with the super soft sheets again!
In the morning we got up and ,made ourselves a coffee with the Keurig machine, but sadly it ended up being gross because of those little whitener packs... In my opinion, a big fancy hotel like this could have a few creamers stocked in the fridge as opposed to Coffee Mate... but really, this was no big deal. I didn't expect the coffee to be good anyway and prefer to go out for an espresso!
My only criticism of The Met is the overpricing of the food/snacks once you get to your room. A regular sized Aero bar was $4, a small can of Pringles was $5, and those teeny tiny bottles of liquor were $10 (plus the $3 can of pop, you're looking at a $13 drink and you're still drinking it out of a plastic cup...I understand you're paying for convenience, but still...) I get that the Met attracts people with money, but I just can't wrap my head around how they justify charging $40/night to park my car... That's a little less than what we usually pay for a hotel for ourselves! I guess that's just what you have to do if you want to swim in the big pond!!
To sum it up, I would definitely stay here again (If I could afford to!)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KM_Gibsons
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Keep tuned to our website for your next visit, as we often have specials available there!
Hudson's Hope, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at the Met April 2014. It was affordable,clean and friendly. It is conveniently close to the City Centre Skytrain stop so it was really easy to get to from the airport. The staff were super friendly and accomodating. The concierge was very helpful in explaining to me how to get places. There was an umbrella in the room to use which I really needed and really appreciated!

4 Thank Loretta B
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is an older hotel with lots of charm. I stayed here for three nights at the beginning of April. It's right around the corner from the sky train 'city centre' stop. It's right in the heart of downtown vancouver. Room service dinner was great. Check in and out was quick and easy. The hotel restaurant is really ice. Drinks are good. Make sure you have a preference for liquor or the bartender with mix with the most expensive. Ie. he was mixing grey goose vodka vs. a cheaper vodka which was 60% more. But in my experiences, most places do this anyhow.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Main Street are very nice.
1 Thank MaverickBenz
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your great review! We hope to see you back again soon.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

This was not our first stay. We return because for the price, it is great value. The staff are friendly, rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are fantastic.

It caters to business people. Frequent travellers can arrange to stow a few business outfits and have them waiting for you pressed upon arrival. More conveniently, you can leave a set of your fav toiletries too so you don't have to deal with airline limitations.

It's the details... press service within the hour, bathroom amenities and vanity stool, good size desks, very comfy beds and a great workout room.

We love the great pool and whirlpool! We were on a couples getaway and the location was great to shop, see a show at the Commodore and try new restaurants.

Parking is pricey but generally is everywhere. They only have valet for $40. We decided to park ourselves at the parkade across the street. Left at 10:30 am and still had to pay $30. Only a small savings.

This hotel is near luxury without the high end price. We have stayed here numerous times over the last five years and we will be back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you. We are glad that you have come back time and time again, and are a very dedicated guest of ours. Our staff pride themselves on the work that they do for our guests, and comments like these go a long way. Thank you so very much!
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here for a quick one night stay on a business trip and everything was "Nice". Staff was good at check in and out, room was fine, if a little dated, bath is big and has lots of room. The location is very good and I hear that the restaurant has great food, although I didn't get an opportunity to try it. Overall fine and dandy, nothing too fancy or too bad.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed in here for a few nights before taking a cruise and can't say one bad thing about this hotel, everything was great. The location was great for us as the hotel is so central and makes walking to bars, restaurants, etc. so easy. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maureen C
Paul H, Director of Sales at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
It sounds like you have found out our little secret! Hope to see you back here again!