The Metropolitan Hotel is an ageing business hotel in Vancouver. Its 1km away from waterfront and some 100 meters from Vancouver City Center Metro Station. The good thing is you can step in the train at Vancouver International Airport for $ 9 and it drops you few steps away from this hotel. This is the main attraction of this property. The rooms are spacious, clean, simple and effectively architected. The rooms are generous in size and have large bathrooms. The internet is chargeable which is a disgrace in this age. Importantly i thought hotel overcommits on its website because there were few surprise that i experienced:
1. The Fitness center is no where close to what it appears on website. Most macinery there is rusted. Swimming pool is a kids pool i.e. 5ft max !
2. The hotel promises of morning jaguar service to drop customer for their business appointments within downtown area. I failed to see this service during my 4 days here. On day 1 the driver was late to work hence he wasnt available when i was ready to go. On day 2, the driver misplaced the keys and for remaining days i decided to make my own arrangements !
3. Hotel staff is predominantly of chinese origin hence i faced language issues
This is an extremely overpriced hotel. I paid around USD 350/night and there are much better place to stay at in this area for a relatively low price. This is a 3 start hotel with 5 start rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver is a luxury full service hotel in one of the best locations that the city has to offer. Arriving at Vancouver International Airport, take the Canada Line to Vancouver City Centre Station and from there, we are a mere two minute walk. 197 luxurious guest rooms and suites await you, all which feature extra large marble bathrooms; most of which feature separate bathtub and showers. Connecting rooms are available, as well as an array of suites. Diva at the Met, is the hotel’s iconic restaurant, serving the finest in local seafood, meats, poultry, vegan and gluten free dishes. Nightly specials in the lounge attract both a local and international crowd nightly. Our staff anxiously await your next visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vancouver Metropolitan Hotel