“An Exceptional Experience”

Ranked #27 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
california
“An Exceptional Experience”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Metropolitan Hotel in Vancouver. All of the staff from the gentlemen outside greeting to the information help desk, the front desk staff to the valet attendants and every one in between was so welcoming in a very sincere and sweet way. Our room was clean and nice and the hall way leading to the room have a very nice spa like smell. Makes us feel like we were in Hawaii on the beach. The location is perfect. Didn't really get to enjoy the pool and jacuzzi but was able to swing by and took a quick glance it was nice and the fitness center is pretty big with more equipments than many other hotels. I think the best part of my whole trip was staying at Metropolitan Hotel. Truly felt like a VIP will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Bring comfortable shoes, everything is within walking distance so lots of walking. Try out the Yaw R...
1 Thank van209

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Korean first
Surrey
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I spent a night at the Met for our honeymoon. From the check-in to the time we left, the service and experience was amazing. I have stayed at many of the downtown hotels in Vancouver and this one takes the cake.
The hotel staff were amazing, from the valet parking to the service in the restaurant.
We spent the day shopping on Robson, which is right around the corner from the hotel.
We had breakfast at Diva at the Met and this is a must if you are staying here. We also heard from others that the lunch and dinner menus were also fantastic, which we will try on our next visit.
I am very picky about the bed and pillows in hotels, and I was not disappointed as both were very comfortable.
The personal touch from all the staff and the General Manager made our honeymoon stay one to remember. My wife said she will never forget the stay at the Met, which is what every husband wants to hear!!!
If you are looking for a hotel in Vancouver I would highly recommend the Metropolitan.
Thanks to Joe and his staff for the wonderful experience.

1 Thank Bornnski
Vancouver
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We purchased a package deal for the Metropolitan through a discount group coupon site for a two night stay at this property. This stay exceeded our expectations. The attentive staff, the extremely helpful concierge and the beautiful room all made for a very enjoyable weekend.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a lovely hotel! We were there for my hubby's business trip and we used one of the private rooms downstairs for a corporate supper, the lounge for a meet 'n greet and the restaurant for breakfast. The rooms were nice, the service was great and the location was perfect. We walked all over downtown Vancouver and there's also a mall right across the street with lots of shopping! I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at the Metropolitan Hotel.The location downtown was great allowing me easy walking distance to everything I wanted to do.Room was nice and clean.Lots of staff and very friendly.I highly recommend this hotel.

Toronto
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at The Met on Howe in Vancouver. A staff member that particularly stood out for me was the receptionist named Natasha. She is the epitome of professionalism and she took care to point out the hotel restaurant and other amenities. I really enjoyed your pool, hot tub, and sauna. I only wish they were open until midnight rather than 11:00 pm, as I often returned back to the hotel later in the evening. I also appreciated very much the complementary apples at the front desk. This is a nice touch for people away from home. Overall, I had a wonderful stay at your hotel.

Room Tip: I liked room 1514 -- it has a chaise longue, a little round table, and a beautiful balcony with a gr...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was in a great location. The room was wonderful, and the hotel staff were a delight. The next time I am in Vancouver I will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business