“Vacation at in Vancouver”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #25 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Vacation at in Vancouver”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Great location, beautiful accommodations and friendly personnel.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We travelled from australia for 20 hours, and this place was heaven as we entered the door. Rooms were immaculate and roomy! Beds were better than mine at home, bathroom fully renovated classy and elegant throughout. Two beds and Study area. Best location, walking distance to transport and the harbour and robson street for shopping food. We got a discount so was well worth it! Staff were friendly and helpful also. Will be back if the price is still good!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank KLS7
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights in August 2010. This hotel is amazing. It is so beautiful. Our room was beautifully decorated in greys and blacks. I love the floor to ceiling windows and our view was breathtaking. The room was very clean along with the bathroom. It is in a great location. We were a very short drive from Stanley Park. My only complaint was the cost of parking. We were charged $50 a night for valet parking. The pool was clean and a big hit with my daughter. We will definately stay here again when we visit Vancouver.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The Hyatt Vancouver is a beautiful hotel in an amazing city. I don't really have any complaints about the room or amenities. It was a little pricey, but I guess that is to be expected in a large city. My major complaint is that I purchased the business plan which included free internet, free calls within Cananda and the U.S., free bottle of water each day and free buffet breakfast each day (not including tip). You would think that they could get their computer system to remove these charges automatically, but my final bill was wrong. They didn't remove any of my breakfast charges. I also had to ask the front desk for the maid to bring me waters each day. After I drank my first 2 bottles, she just didn't bother bringing any more, even though I was there for 5 days. And to use the internet, you still have to click that you agree to pay $11.95 a day (or whatever the daily fee was) when you log-in. It doesn't give you the option of stating you are on the business plan, so this creates a bit of confussion as one might fear being charged for the internet even though it is included in the business plan. They need to fine tune their business plan to make it seamless for the traveller.
Their are lots of restaurants nearby. The waterfront is only 3-4 blocks away and their is a great waterfront walkway/bikeway called the Seawall that begins beside the convention center - right down the street from the hotel. This walkway follows the waterfront all the way to Stanley Park. Then you can run for 5.5 miles around the perimeter of Stanley Park. It is a beautiful Park. We went to Capilano suspension bridge, but I felt this was way overrated - especially if you have ever walked across a pedestrian suspension bridge. There is really nothing noteworthy there. We also went up to Grouse Mountain. Not much to do there either, but it did offer nice views of Vancouver and the surrounding valley/plain. And they had two grizzly bears which were neat to view. Vancouver itself was probably the most beautiful city I have ever seen and also the cleanest. I just wish I had more time to visit more outlying areas.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank hilburno
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed October 20, 2010

The location of the hotel is great. There's plenty of small theaters and small shops. The harbor is also only a couple blocks away. Great place if you like to walk around. Driving is not so fun. There's a lot on one-way streets and some are really congested due to the city removing lanes for pedestrian/bicycle traffic.

The hotel is nicely decorated with nice rooms. I love the self check-in idea for Hyatt Place where the stay is economical, but I didn't care for it when I was forced to do so at this hotel. I even waited for someone at the desk and when they became available I was told to go to the kiosk. Staff should realize that I was standing there because I didn't want to use the kiosk. All other interactions with staff were great.

Another BIG gripe about the hotel is the parking. It's hard to find out where to go when you first arrive and then it's very expensive.

My last negative point pertains to all high-dollar hotels. They have no right to charge for internet when cheaper brand hotels give it for free. Here the internet fee was $15/day

End notes: take some form of public transportation to the hotel and plan on exploring by foot.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank yargnits
The Northern most Key - Mil-wau-key
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed for one night before departing for a cruise. I was looking for a nice hotel with a decent price and the Hyatt fit the bill! We did not use the parking, internet, fitness center, or pool, so I have no idea what kind of value they were. We wanted location, location, location and the Hyatt was perfect.

I asked for early check-in, since I knew we would arrive before normal check in time. Room was exactly as requested and ready when we arrived! We had a room with a balcony it was just as described.

The bathroom was very nice, but I did not like the rainfall shower head...not enough water pressure for my taste.

Breakfast was included with our package and it was excellent!

Yes, I would do it again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The rooms and public spaces have been beautifully updated. The bed was really comfortable. There are a lot of gorgeous hotels in downtown Vancouver but this one is just as comfortable but much more reasonably priced. We would definitely stay here again. There is a nice lounge and a Starbucks in the lobby. Safe underground parking. Easy to see from several blocks away so we didn't get lost :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple