“Loved it!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Vancouver

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #22 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

Okay some people are reviewing this unfairly in my opinion.. how can the hotel be blames for seagulls when you are obviously aware it is close to the sea.

Anyway be objective when you read these reviews, some people take things way too seriously and complain about things that have nothign to do with the hotel.

i'll review as much as I can, quickly:

BATHROOMS:
Medium to Large, huge console ( see my pictures ) Loved the mirror and lights in the the mirror, how cool. Loved the shower it was addictive, I took showers even when I didn't need it because it was so good. Lots of space on the counter and floor area and it was spotless ( love this! )

ROOM/BED:
Unbelievably comfortable, I was lost in the sheets and pillows and with free movies ( more on that later ) it was hard to leave the hotel bed to see the city.. one afternoon I came home early at 5pm and took a nice nap. The rest of the room was big again and not cluttered. I had a desk, another bed, a side chair, long console in there and a little area where the fridge and another console were located. the room was great.

STAFF:
Wonderful, friendly and very busy. I checked in quickly but when a whole bus load of people arrive of COURSE you have a lineup, what do you expect on a Saturday morning. Anyway the lobby at times was full of people checking in but when I checked in I breezed right through because I checked in during off-peak hours not on a saturday morning (duh)

Valet/Conceirge guys were lovely and accomodating and super helpful
Kitchen/Restaurant staff were wonderful.

RESTAURANT
Whatever you do, GET THE BREAKFAST. Loved it they have everything you could imagine for breakfast. Soup, bagels, eggs (cooked just for you), sandwiches, fruit, oatmeal, cereal a variety of everything. I never get up for hotel breakfasts beause thy're always continentl but the Hyatt went over and above for this lovely spread and I was able to enjoy it every single day.. it's worth getting up early to go. The breakfast closes at 10:30am.

The lounge is lovely and quiet because people don't probably knwo about it. I sat in there two days for hours surfing the net in peace and quiet. If you dont' want to hang out in your room. Go here. The food is also NOT expesive.. $15 for a burger is cheaper than most other places, picture included

ROOMSERVICE
lovely, didn't disappoint. They have a full kitchen open till 11. They do the breakfast, lounge and room service all perfectly. I'd say 4 start dining, very clean and quick. They have everything you could ever want. TIP: Vanilla Icecream is Orgasmic with fresh strawberries..

LOCATION
Close enough to everything. All the important buses STOP at the Hyatt as opposed to other hotels. They ahve a back entrance just for hopping on and off various buses so it's not disruptive to the hotel lobby. The buses are: Air Porter, Capilano Suspension Bridge, All the Tours Doesn't seem like much but some hotels don't offer this and their guests coem to the Hyatt. How lovely it is to get off the bus and be "home" unlike other htoel-guests who have to then walk a few blocks to their hotel... As everyone said Robson e.t.c.

MY GRIPES
Okay so, it wasn't all perfect. They do nor have a policy for FREE Wi-Fi. To me this is a huge fail that almost derailed my enjoyment of the hotel. I brought my laptop and when I asked about internet and was told it was $15, you could have knocked me over with a feather. With the level this hotel is at I would expect better internet policy. If it's not free it should be very cheap. This is was very big for me, I complained about it while I was there.. to me that's like not havign a phone. In fact Id' rather internet than TV and Phone combined.

Another weird thing was charging us to phone locally.. I know it's a recession but sheesh!

To get clients like myself, offer us a personalize dpackage.. i.e. free internet over some of the other things that are available for free. Internet is so important I would have not come back to this hotel had they not rectified the situation (great staff)

Another issue is the Wi-Fi has a low signal in the dining room.. this is bad because people like me with bad manners like to surf while they eat lol. So please add a booster in this room so we can have access!!!!!!!!!! Stat!!!! The signal was better in the lounge and this was right next door.

I didn't go to the pool/gym or anythign else.. but I need my internet!!!!!!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I got a gret deal, ask for packages if you want the best. I would defintitely go back to this hotel as it is cheaper than Fairmont but comparable as far as Value, Location, service and Amenities.

Happy Trippin.. hope you enjoy Vancouver whatever hotel you stay at is just icing on the cake in this great Canadian City!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank ikuyaso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Twin Falls ID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

Excellent location within walking distance of cruise docks. Remember, downtown locations come complete with vagrants but we were not afraid. Public transportation to local sights was was near and easy. Shopping and many of the sights were "right there". Hotel was fairly elegant, pool was clean, staff was very helpful. Only downside was that queen beds weren't available and there was no fan in the bathroom.

1 Thank TFtraveller
Milano
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

Good location downtown from which to explore the city – we hadn't been to Vancouver before and found it an easy walk to all the areas we wanted to see – Stanley Park, Yaletown, the seawall. Taxis were easy to grab outside too.

The rooms had very little outside noise, the only disturbances were a couple of sirens and seagulls. But our room had a connecting door through which we could hear absolutely everything in the adjoining room (luckily our neighbours limited themselves to recounting their life stories and telling off their teenage son, but it could have been so much worse). The bathrooms are tiny with the shower in the bath (yuck), and the toiletries smell of (sorry, there's no other way to describe it) of pee. \

Buffet breakfast was decent with good croissants but appalling coffee served by harassed staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

Second time staying here, got a 50% off the rate on a summer deal so made sense to come back. Hotel has been updated, long lines at the check in and concierge desks. overnight parking is almost thirty bucks a night. Great location just 2 blocks from Robson street. There is an IGA market just a couple blocks past Robson street which was nice as we could pick up some fruit and other groceries during our 5 day stay. Hotel restaurants were bit too pricey for family dining, but there were several restaurants nearby (Red Robin, White Spot, Earls, etc.). Pool was OK for kids, good to cool off after a long day of walking.

1 Thank Dean1967
sunny California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

This was the perfect hotel for myself and two daughters. The room was available 4 hours early, was clean and perfectly located on the 23rd floor. The concierge desk was extremely helpful, thanks Cody! Check in was quick, parking conveniently located, bellman available at my 4AM checkout. This was our first time in Vancouver and saw many hotels during our 4 night stay, wouldn't choose anything else but the Hyatt. Some nearby neighborhoods a little scary, many popular hotels located in these neighborhoods. Hyatt was located in a safe, well lit area with most local attractions within walking distance. If this is your 1st time, take the tour bus. This was the best 35.00 (2 days)I spent. Buses are readily available, drivers knowledgeable, and best of all you don't have to worry about parking which can be very hard to do in Vancouver. We had a great time and will return to the Hyatt again. Also, McDonald's and Tim Horton's (sandwhiches) are right next door and opened 24 hours!

• Stayed July 2009
Bellevue, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

Booked hotel room for a 1-night weekend trip using Priceline auction saving at least $60 from its published rates. We had checked in at the room at Noon (normal check-in 4pm) but could only be accommodated in a smoking room (we had requested non-smoking room in our reservation but it was a busy weekend). We decided to take this since we needed to get dressed for a 1pm wedding and just needed a bed to sleep in for the (late) night and gone early the next morning. (This I regretted the next day, since I have bad allergies to everything including cigarette smoke == a bad decision on our part.)

It was said to have had its $18M renovation completed in March 2009. My favorite piece was the Kohler bodyspray "showerhead" which was installed on the ceiling, as well as the Kohler faucet fixture tastefully matched to its decor. The room was pretty spacious and we made use of the amenities which came with it -- coffeemaker, safe (for passport safekeeping). I felt that the bed was too soft for my taste but the luxurious threadcount of the sheets made up for it. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Extra charges included $28/day for parking with in-and-out privileges (which I felt was a little too steep), $1 per outside call and $14.95 for internet connection. The best this hotel had to offer was its location -- it was a block away from Robson where you can go shop and dine. It is also a few blocks from the scenic waterfront -- where the wedding reception was held.

Overall, our stay was comfortable (except for the smoking room which was no-fault of Hyatt although i think a better job could be done in ventilating/cleaning smoking rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Janhome7
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

The hotel was great, clean, and comfortable. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great and is on the route for all the tour busses. The only problems with the hotel were that the two-bed rooms only had Double size beds. It would have been nice to have Queen. The room did not have much lighting in the hallway and the closet area. And finally, for the cost of the rooms, they nickle and dime you for ammenities. Although you can print out airline tickets free of charge, there is a charge for internet use in the Business Center and no breakfast is provided unless you pay extra for an upgrade.