“Executive Uprade Wins Me Over”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Another stay at The Hyatt Regency Vancouver, so yes, I'm biased, it's my go-to in YVR, and I don't have to extoll its virtues in service, food, atmosphere, downtown vibe or location. You can read all of that in previous reviews of mine, but this time I would like to say a HUGE thank-you to Monette @ the front desk, who upgraded me to an executive suite (30th floor, Keurig coffee maker, French doors to bedroom, glass-door to bathroom, separate living room w/L-shaped sofa, etc) and managed to go out of her way to make me feel spectacular throughout the stay. I had her at check-out as well, and that was just as efficient. See the pics, ask me questions, and book a stay here, period. Shall be back next month!

Room Tip: HGP members please ask for an upgrade at front desk if you can, the price is cheaper and comes with...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,803)

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I just stayed here for four nights. I booked room and breakfast package directly on the Hyatt website. The rate was unbelievably good. I had a super friendly check-in by a gentleman with the name Andrew. They have to show you what to do in order to use the elevators. I am assuming it's done that way to try and save time. I have never seen this before nor does it seem overly efficient. It was nice to go downstairs for breakfast and be able to go back up to the room after before heading out for the day. You could order an entrée off the menu or have the buffet which was available every day I was there. All of what I had was very good From Dungeoness crab Benedict to all sorts of things at the buffet Including the omelette station. Room was nice and very comfortable. I did have to call maintenance to get issues with my toilet not flushing dealt with. That was dealt with promptly. Hotel is in an excellent location and next to the Burrard skytrain station. This station however is not on the Canada line that comes in from the airport. You need to go to waterfront station and then switch in order to get to the station next to the hotel. Next time I will get off that Vancouver city Center stop on the Canada line and walk the two blocks to the hotel Rather than going to the end and switching trains. I did the same thing when leaving and heading back to the airport. If you are coming in from the airport on the Canada line there is a $5 surcharge to your ticket. I needed a day pass because I needed more than one ride that day. They pass is $9.75 and you cannot purchase it from the machine at the airport. It is the only stop were you are not able to do that. You have to go back into the airport find the 7-Eleven located deep in the bowels of the airport and get the day pass from there. If you use the day pass you you do not need to pay the $5 surcharge. Wireless in the hotel worked excellent. I will definitely stay here again. For the value and location you can't do better.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Randall_from_Toronto
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Hadn't stayed at this property in Vancouver previously. I have been a loyal Westin client for the past 20 years but because they do not take Visa/Debit, I inquired with the Hyatt chain and they do. And moving to the Hyatt chain was worth it. The pricing and upgrades as well as service were excellent. Security there was friendly and comforting. But the best part was how my complaint was addressed by a young lady upon check out. It was regarding some neighbours right above me. They had a hardwood floor and the clicking of their footwear both late at night and early am was annoying and very disruptive to my sleep. I was provided with an authentic apology and a reduction in my hotel stay bill which I was not expecting. I have to travel to Vancouver two to three times a month and this is my new hotel.

Room Tip: My room was on the 32nd floor. The noise came from the 33.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Christopher M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to our hotel, and that you found the service from our team to be excellent. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed one night in January. Worth the upgrade to a balcony room. Rooms very nice and big, and beds super comfortable. Walking distance to shops on Robson Street. Restaurants at hotel a little pricey but you are downtown Vancouver.

1  Thank Jodi65_11
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver for a work function sponsored by my husband’s employer. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable.

I had breakfast (both buffet, and a la cart) at Mosaic Grille. Both days the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, and they were able to provide excellent Gluten Free options, including toast.

On Saturday night, the banquet room staff were great. The buffet was delicious, with many options. Overall a great stay, and hope to be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Debbie S,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our hotel! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit, especially your breakfast at Mosaic as well as the dinner at the event you were attending. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel is centrally located in downtown Vancouver, and it is close to major shopping areas and great restaurants. Parking access is easy and they even have valet services! Front desk is extremely polite and helpful; very comfortable bed, and clean bathroom. Everything is almost perfect! I really have nothing to complain. By far, this is the best hotel I have stayed in my 10 days in Vancouver/Whistler/Banff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear ilovetrvl,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that out of all the hotels you visited on your trip that we were the "best hotel" and that everything is "almost perfect"! I will be certain to share your kind words with our team here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Vancouver.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Staff were v helpful.hotel n room was lovely.free guest internet was a plus.close to everything.food market around the corner n train station.they held our luggage while we went to seattle to save us hastle.A+

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple