“Great stay in a gorgeous city”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Went for the Lululemon Half-marathon weekend. The marathon had offered some hotel specials, but I'm so glad we stayed at the Hyatt. It was a great location, walking distance to most hotspots. Close of the convention center and a bike-ride away from beautiful Stanley Park. Amazing vacation.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,803)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is simply breathtaking. I booked my room through Priceline and kudos to the Hyatt Regency for NOT sticking us into their crappiest room like some hotel chains do when you book through a 3rd party.

The Hyatt seem to only employ the most courteous staff. From Reception to the Taxi person, everyone we encountered made us feel special and welcome.

Our room was on the 10th floor and it was modern and extremely clean. We also had a view of Burrard and Georgia, so we could have probably watched the Santa Clause parade if we stuck around the next day.

Bravo, Hyatt Management for such an excellent property! We loved our stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear YVR_604

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that our team was able to help you feel special and welcome in our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to stay in the heart of downtown, this is definitely you're spot. The hotel was positioned so you could see both mountains and some water, yet also downtown. The beds were very small (we had a room with two doubles and our feet were hanging off the beds).
The bathroom was clean but on the smaller side. The bar is located on the second floor and we enjoyed grabbing a drink there before dinner. Overall we were very pleased.

Just a few notes: valet is $45, Internet $15.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear TravelingTexans007,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the views from your room. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Vancouver we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver and it was a great experience. Stayed there in 2001 and nice to see the renovation has given this property a nice modern facelift! Loved the lobby bar and meeting rooms spacious.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Sue O,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the renovations that we have made since the last time you visited, and that you loved Grain Tasting Bar located on our lobby level. We look forward to welcoming you back again during your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great room (standard) and impeccable service! We didn't arrive until close to midnight and the front desk staff helped us find something to eat by printing out a menu of a local place that was still delivering. We could have grabbed something at McDonald's or another burger place right across from the entrance but it was the last night of a UN conference for young people and those places were pretty crowded. The front desk kept apologizing but there really was nothing to apologize for as they were all very well behaved, there was just a lot of them. We stayed the weekend and had to leave about 5 am to catch our train and the concierge made sure we had a taxi out front waiting for us. We did not use the hotel restaurant so I cannot comment on that but the Starbuck's in the lobby was very convenient :-)
The only small issue was that the bathroom had a mildew smell but that would not stop me from staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt after an unexpected overnight in Vancouver. Room was fantastic, clean and comfortable. Lobby was under construction, but they have done a good job to minimize the impact. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Wasnt overwhelmed with service, but had a good night stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I made a last minute decision to return to the Hyatt after previous accommodations fell through that left me high and dry. I would later find out that this would be a decision I wouldn't regret.
Having previously stayed, I knew what I would be getting into for the most part: nice rooms, cozy beds, large bathrooms, an outdoor pool & hot tub and just an overall nice facility.
What made my experience better than the last was my interactions with hotel staff. While I didn't have any issues with the staff during my last stay, they were even more welcoming and friendly than before. This made my experience much more enjoyable, especially after having to frantically find a place to stay at 9:30pm with plans for the evening drawing near.

My one and only complaint (which I find to not be uncommon in most hotels) is that the hot tub was really dirty. This is recognizable by the amount of frothy bubbles that the jets produce when dead skin/dirt are present. I understand that patrons are partially to blame as a pre-shower would help this case but unfortunately, this time around was one of the dirtier hot tubs I had ever seen.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kait h
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear kait h,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you coming back to our hotel and I am happy to hear that your recent stay was even better than the last one. It is wonderful to hear that our staff helped to make your visit more enjoyable and that they were all very welcoming and friendly. I would like to apologize about your experience with our hot tub and I have shared your feedback with our engineering team. We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon.