“Excellent hotel”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great room (standard) and impeccable service! We didn't arrive until close to midnight and the front desk staff helped us find something to eat by printing out a menu of a local place that was still delivering. We could have grabbed something at McDonald's or another burger place right across from the entrance but it was the last night of a UN conference for young people and those places were pretty crowded. The front desk kept apologizing but there really was nothing to apologize for as they were all very well behaved, there was just a lot of them. We stayed the weekend and had to leave about 5 am to catch our train and the concierge made sure we had a taxi out front waiting for us. We did not use the hotel restaurant so I cannot comment on that but the Starbuck's in the lobby was very convenient :-)
The only small issue was that the bathroom had a mildew smell but that would not stop me from staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,848)

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt after an unexpected overnight in Vancouver. Room was fantastic, clean and comfortable. Lobby was under construction, but they have done a good job to minimize the impact. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Wasnt overwhelmed with service, but had a good night stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I made a last minute decision to return to the Hyatt after previous accommodations fell through that left me high and dry. I would later find out that this would be a decision I wouldn't regret.
Having previously stayed, I knew what I would be getting into for the most part: nice rooms, cozy beds, large bathrooms, an outdoor pool & hot tub and just an overall nice facility.
What made my experience better than the last was my interactions with hotel staff. While I didn't have any issues with the staff during my last stay, they were even more welcoming and friendly than before. This made my experience much more enjoyable, especially after having to frantically find a place to stay at 9:30pm with plans for the evening drawing near.

My one and only complaint (which I find to not be uncommon in most hotels) is that the hot tub was really dirty. This is recognizable by the amount of frothy bubbles that the jets produce when dead skin/dirt are present. I understand that patrons are partially to blame as a pre-shower would help this case but unfortunately, this time around was one of the dirtier hot tubs I had ever seen.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kait h
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear kait h,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you coming back to our hotel and I am happy to hear that your recent stay was even better than the last one. It is wonderful to hear that our staff helped to make your visit more enjoyable and that they were all very welcoming and friendly. I would like to apologize about your experience with our hot tub and I have shared your feedback with our engineering team. We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a 4 nights for a conference. The facilities are fantastic for large conferences requiring multiple meeting rooms. The meals and refreshments were always fresh and plentiful. All the staff from conference staff to housekeeping were pleasant and efficient keeping the conference area tidy without being noticed. I used the web check in and out which was efficient. I loved the elevators. Never had to wait very long even though the hotel was quite busy with multiple conferences. Location can't be beat being 2 blocks from Robson St, Pacific Centre, Canada Line , Art Gallery and walking distance to other Vancouver attractions.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I flew into Vancouver for the weekend without really knowing my immediate surroundings and I required a rental car first thing the next morning. I randomly emailed a Hyatt contact listed on my priceline itinerary and she forwarded my message to the Hyatt concierge (that evening). The next day I had an email from the concierge (Lorri Jensen) informing me that she had price-compared a couple of nearby rental agencies, secured a booking for the cheaper location and that I was ready to go for 730AM the morning after my arrival which is when the Thrifty's opened.

Upon my arrival I followed up with the on-duty concierge, Vanessa, who picked up right where Lorri left off, confirming my rental reservation and booking me a haircut in the adjacent mall as I had an hour to kill prior to my dinner reservation.

Great experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Taylor B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I am very happy that both Lorri and Vanessa were able to assist you with making your rental car arrangements, as well as recommending a place for a haircut and booking the appointment. I will certainly share your kind words with both of them. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Everyone @ this hotel made us feel like we were coming home! Fantastic service with smiles all around! I don't know what they feed there staff but everyone that we spoke to seemed to love what they were doing! We can't wait to return!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was a great hotel for our conference with just a few issues. We have been here several times, so we are listing highlights and flaws from our experience with Hyatt Vancouver. Here are the highlights:

Location: Excellent, could not be better. Public transportation is wonderful and its easy to walk to terrific restaurants, great shopping, parks, street food, hockey games, water taxi, bridges and take a short cab ride to Stanley Park. Views of the mountains and water if facing the harbor are amazing.

Staff and Concierge: Concierge services and staff are top notch - great at making reservations, directions, dropping menus by your room or finding you in the bar to confirm reservations for the evening. Really terrific! Bell staff was always available, housekeeping excellent and the check in/out staff unfailingly warm and polite. Always a pleasure!

Rooms: Well appointed, bathrooms are good, views have always been terrific, size of the room is very good, and heat/cooling perfect. Artwork could be slightly better but that's really splitting hairs. Pillows and bedding fairly good.

Bar: Views from the bar and great, staff is excellent, drinks are fine but expensive. Food is below in the flaws section.

Flaws:

Elevators: Awful. There is a very old system in place and elevators are slow. There is no progress bar to let you know the elevator is coming or where you are in the building. The conference received and published many, many well deserved complaints regarding elevators. On the plus side, the hotel staff did maintenance on the elevators and it improved a little. Still very slow.

Mattresses: I have had two stays with great mattresses, and one with a terrible bed with a deep slump in the mattress. Not a fan of bad mattresses, so this last trip with the saggy mattress was less than ideal. Even with this, I loved our stay.

Food: Not a fan of the food. Their dishes were not flavorful, bar food and breakfast egg sandwich overcooked and in general for such pedestrian fare the menu items were far overpriced. They need a better approach to food, especially when surrounded by amazing Vancouver restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbor view, and if you have the opportunity and it is warm outside, ask for a...