“Wonderful Conference facilities/staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Prince George, Canada
“Wonderful Conference facilities/staff”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a 4 nights for a conference. The facilities are fantastic for large conferences requiring multiple meeting rooms. The meals and refreshments were always fresh and plentiful. All the staff from conference staff to housekeeping were pleasant and efficient keeping the conference area tidy without being noticed. I used the web check in and out which was efficient. I loved the elevators. Never had to wait very long even though the hotel was quite busy with multiple conferences. Location can't be beat being 2 blocks from Robson St, Pacific Centre, Canada Line , Art Gallery and walking distance to other Vancouver attractions.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I flew into Vancouver for the weekend without really knowing my immediate surroundings and I required a rental car first thing the next morning. I randomly emailed a Hyatt contact listed on my priceline itinerary and she forwarded my message to the Hyatt concierge (that evening). The next day I had an email from the concierge (Lorri Jensen) informing me that she had price-compared a couple of nearby rental agencies, secured a booking for the cheaper location and that I was ready to go for 730AM the morning after my arrival which is when the Thrifty's opened.

Upon my arrival I followed up with the on-duty concierge, Vanessa, who picked up right where Lorri left off, confirming my rental reservation and booking me a haircut in the adjacent mall as I had an hour to kill prior to my dinner reservation.

Great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Taylor B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I am very happy that both Lorri and Vanessa were able to assist you with making your rental car arrangements, as well as recommending a place for a haircut and booking the appointment. I will certainly share your kind words with both of them. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Whistler, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Everyone @ this hotel made us feel like we were coming home! Fantastic service with smiles all around! I don't know what they feed there staff but everyone that we spoke to seemed to love what they were doing! We can't wait to return!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fremont, California
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was a great hotel for our conference with just a few issues. We have been here several times, so we are listing highlights and flaws from our experience with Hyatt Vancouver. Here are the highlights:

Location: Excellent, could not be better. Public transportation is wonderful and its easy to walk to terrific restaurants, great shopping, parks, street food, hockey games, water taxi, bridges and take a short cab ride to Stanley Park. Views of the mountains and water if facing the harbor are amazing.

Staff and Concierge: Concierge services and staff are top notch - great at making reservations, directions, dropping menus by your room or finding you in the bar to confirm reservations for the evening. Really terrific! Bell staff was always available, housekeeping excellent and the check in/out staff unfailingly warm and polite. Always a pleasure!

Rooms: Well appointed, bathrooms are good, views have always been terrific, size of the room is very good, and heat/cooling perfect. Artwork could be slightly better but that's really splitting hairs. Pillows and bedding fairly good.

Bar: Views from the bar and great, staff is excellent, drinks are fine but expensive. Food is below in the flaws section.

Flaws:

Elevators: Awful. There is a very old system in place and elevators are slow. There is no progress bar to let you know the elevator is coming or where you are in the building. The conference received and published many, many well deserved complaints regarding elevators. On the plus side, the hotel staff did maintenance on the elevators and it improved a little. Still very slow.

Mattresses: I have had two stays with great mattresses, and one with a terrible bed with a deep slump in the mattress. Not a fan of bad mattresses, so this last trip with the saggy mattress was less than ideal. Even with this, I loved our stay.

Food: Not a fan of the food. Their dishes were not flavorful, bar food and breakfast egg sandwich overcooked and in general for such pedestrian fare the menu items were far overpriced. They need a better approach to food, especially when surrounded by amazing Vancouver restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbor view, and if you have the opportunity and it is warm outside, ask for a...
Toronto
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and was very pleasantly surprised. Though my hotel room wasn't ready until nearly 1;30 in the afternoon, they made up for it by bringing my luggage up to my room graciously and without any apparent expectation of a tip. I had smoked salmon on a bagel for breakfast at one of the two hotel restaurants (Mosaic) and it was literally the best I have ever eaten, anywhere. You can hear the traffic but it wasn't loud enough on the 31st floor to keep me up. the bed is extremely comfortable and the room surprisingly large. About one block from great shopping on Robson Street or a few blocks from Coal Harbour.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear hobbes2220,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear that you found our customer service "outstanding" and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have also shared your compliments about your breakfast in Mosaic with our Chef. We hope that the next time you come to Vancouver we can welcome you back again.

Prince George, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and though I had a rather unpleasant first night discovering a couple of stains on the bottom sheet, I was satisfied with the Hyatt's response. Unfortunately I had a couple of lukewarm showers in the morning, but the bed was very comfortable and the staff I dealt with were awesome. Great location!

Dear stvs50,

Thank you for your review. I would like to first apologize for the issues that you experienced in your guestroom but I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with the response you received from our team. I am glad that you found the bed comfortable, and that your encounters with staff were "awesome". We hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back, and if I can provide any assistance for future stays, please feel free to contact me directly at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com so we can ensure all aspects of your next stay are perfect.

Alameda, California
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Vancouver from San Francisco Bay Area from late August 29th-September 2nd. Getting to the hotel was easy as everyone knows the location. We were greeted by very friendly staff upon arrival. Unfortunately, our rooms were not ready by the time we got there so we were told to come back in a couple of hours. We kept our bags in the hotel and felt 100% safe of leaving them there.

We ate at Red Robbin around the corner and came back 2 hours later. The rooms were still not ready so we decided to wait at Starbucks. It's great to have Starbucks on-site because it means there's WIFI! Yes! The Wi-Fo was fast! We waited about 30 more minutes to get our rooms. We were finally given our cards and to the elevators we go! The elevators were practical. You press which floor you're on and it'll give you the letter of the elevator to go to.

We entered the room and were so happy. It was large and had a terrace. The manager upgraded our rooms because of my husband's birthday! We were in love with the room. The bathroom is normal, not tiny nor grand. It did its job, but I felt like it could use brighter lighting. I was very freaked out that 20 mintues later I hear water gushing on the terrace. I called front desk and they sent an engineer over. Turned out that housekeeping was cleaning the terrace above ours, thus needed to let the water drain on our terrace. It was scary but I got over it lol.

The location of this hotel is superb. Really right smack in the middle of all the places we wanted to go. The shopping mall connected to the hotel was closed because of the holiday weekend though, so we didn't get to enjoy it as much as we had hope to.

We had room service 2 nights in a row and loved the food. My favorite was the zucchini lasagna. It was amazing.

Overall, this hotel was just great. Again the location made it very convinient to walk and take a taxi to. The staff were all friendly and very accomodating. We will be back Hyatt Regency Vancouver!!!!

Room Tip: If it's your first time in Vancouver, request the terraced rooms!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Miracle G,

Thank you for the fantastic review! We are truly thrilled that our hotel helped to "make your trip". It is great to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, including our location, your guest room, the room service meals as well as our staff. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

With warm regards,