“Great facility, location and customer centric personnel”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #25 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Great facility, location and customer centric personnel”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Vancouver and we chose the Hyatt for two primary reasons, it's location and their hypo-allergenic rooms. The lobby and rooms were current and very clean. Our linens were very fresh and the bed was comfortable. We also had access to Regency club level which proved to be a good investment - impressive selection of breakfast items that included smoked salmon and we got great enjoyment from the coffee/latte/etc. machine.

The hotel personnel were amazing from the doorman, front desk, bellman, concierge, regency club, etc. Everyone we interfaced with were geniuly dedicated to ensuring your needs were accommodated and your stay was to your liking - can't say enough and best customer service I've experienced at a hotel like this.

Hotel elevator is different but not not the first time I've seen this setup. It can be a pain when there are large number of people trying to use them at the same time but I think they are intended to be efficient.

We ended up staying for three week nights and thoroughly enjoyed this city. The hotel is right in the heart of things. The city felt young and vibrant but without the rush and heavy traffic of most large US cities. We took time to walk around downtown for shopping & dining, used the transit systems nearby to see some of the surrounding neighborhoods, walked to and through Stanley Park, etc.

Look forward to visiting the Vancouver Hyatt Regency again in a future trip. Highly recommend and we even bumped into one of my friends traveling for business that only stays at this facility when in town.

Room Tip: Our room faced the north side and were fairly high up but below the regency club as the hypo allerge...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear mini6322,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our customer service was "the best you've experienced at a hotel like this"! We appreciate that you would highly recommend our hotel to others, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Vancouver.

Brandi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is an ideal hotel. The location is excellent. It is in the center of everything. Theviews from the rooms of the harbor are very nice. The room was tastefully decorated with an extremelycomfortable bed. The restaurant here is very good as well. The service from the sraff is excellent, I will be looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is my 2nd time staying at this hotel and I was a little disappointed.

I had a room at 30th floor but the street traffic still wake me up early in the morning. I was attending a big conference there and everyone complained how long they wait for the elevator in the morning (personal record: 10min). I had a reuben sandwich at the Mosaic restaurant and it was the most greasy sandwich I've ever have, and I couldn't finish half of it with an empty stomach. After the first noon I stayed away from that restaurant. The in-room dinning salmon bagel breakfast was pretty good.

So here are the good things: staff were friendly. location was fantastic. room was very clean. but b/c of the noises I think I'll try fairmont or sheraton next time.

Room Tip: stay on the sides that face quiet streets
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear backspin18,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. While I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and our location to be fantastic, I would like to apologize about the challenges that you experienced during your stay. I have shared your feedback with the team here at the hotel, as it is feedback such as yours that helps us to continue to improve. I do hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, and if I can provide assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here four nights before a planned cruise (that was cancelled at the last moment). The Hyatt is in a great location; we had a partially obstructed view of the harbor and a very well appointed room. While the hotel charges for internet access in the rooms, it is free in the lobby courtesy of Starbucks.
The elevator system requires some learning.... but works fine. Nearby are many nice restaurants and Stanley Park is within walking distance. The Vancouver VIsitor's bureau is about 4 blocks away and very helpful in promoting local attractions and offering modest admission discounts.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the higher floors with a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob88888
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great location, walking distance to anywhere in downtown, good service, close to Robson and Granville, next to Burrard Skytrain station, starbucks in lobby, nice lounge on second floor for desert or snacks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Belmont, California
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights before the cruise. Good things are… location, comfortable standard Hyatt bed, great view from our Regency Club floor room, HOHO bus stops in front the hotel, very clean room, nice amenities, good TV, fun elevator, near Canada Place, well trained staff. The Regency Club floor is well worth the upgrade, very graciously manned by the concierges especially Kay. The building is old but the rooms were newly remodeled thus rooms are very large like in old days even though some of the fixtures and panels are strange due to remolding. We hated the strangest rain shower head, old tub, plastic shower curtain, well bathroom in general. 3-stars here. Again I think it was done to economize and simplify the remodeling. Very poorly done. In spite of that, we will stay again due to all the things I mentioned above. Although it is very close to ship terminals we took a taxi due to rain and it was 10CAD including tip. A nice clean city, Vancouver and one of the nicest Hyatt Regency ever. We will be back.

Room Tip: Upper level floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thoralby
Dear Thoralby,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Vancouver, particularly our Regency Club floor. I will be sure to share your compliments with our concierge team in the Regency Club. I would like to let you know, that if you prefer a standard shower head, our rooms on floors 5 - 21 offer a standard wall mount shower head instead of the rain showers that are located on the upper floors of the building. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

JACKSON
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. In 2012 and again 2013 for the same conference. The hotel is really nice. The rooms are comfortable and the service is great. There is a starbuck's in the lobby and the hotel food is really very good. The only disappointing part is the super duper lame elevators. You have to punch in your number before you get into the elevator and then it tells you which elevator to get into. They're slow, they're a pain in the butt. When you are at this hotel with a large conference it's almost impossible to get back to your room in any sort of timely manner. They should really fix the elevators.

Room Tip: I was on the 19th floor and it was really nice. I could hear the street a little bit but not very m...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business