“Regency Club Upgrade Was Worth It”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights before the cruise. Good things are… location, comfortable standard Hyatt bed, great view from our Regency Club floor room, HOHO bus stops in front the hotel, very clean room, nice amenities, good TV, fun elevator, near Canada Place, well trained staff. The Regency Club floor is well worth the upgrade, very graciously manned by the concierges especially Kay. The building is old but the rooms were newly remodeled thus rooms are very large like in old days even though some of the fixtures and panels are strange due to remolding. We hated the strangest rain shower head, old tub, plastic shower curtain, well bathroom in general. 3-stars here. Again I think it was done to economize and simplify the remodeling. Very poorly done. In spite of that, we will stay again due to all the things I mentioned above. Although it is very close to ship terminals we took a taxi due to rain and it was 10CAD including tip. A nice clean city, Vancouver and one of the nicest Hyatt Regency ever. We will be back.

Room Tip: Upper level floors.
1  Thank Thoralby
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Thoralby,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Vancouver, particularly our Regency Club floor. I will be sure to share your compliments with our concierge team in the Regency Club. I would like to let you know, that if you prefer a standard shower head, our rooms on floors 5 - 21 offer a standard wall mount shower head instead of the rain showers that are located on the upper floors of the building. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. In 2012 and again 2013 for the same conference. The hotel is really nice. The rooms are comfortable and the service is great. There is a starbuck's in the lobby and the hotel food is really very good. The only disappointing part is the super duper lame elevators. You have to punch in your number before you get into the elevator and then it tells you which elevator to get into. They're slow, they're a pain in the butt. When you are at this hotel with a large conference it's almost impossible to get back to your room in any sort of timely manner. They should really fix the elevators.

Room Tip: I was on the 19th floor and it was really nice. I could hear the street a little bit but not very m...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks early October. Loved the location, it's so handy for visiting shops, restaurants, harbour etc. We used public transport to get around and hotel was in great location for that too. Had a great view from our room, which was a good size (2 double beds!) good size bathroom too. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We were disturbed by a noisy neighbour and problem was dealt with - and resolved - straight away.

Had a wonderful holiday - got to do and see lots - the hotel was a superb base for this. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great hotel with modern rooms, spacious bathrooms and nice views of the downtown Vancouver. We loved the location, it is walking distance to great restaurants, harbour and shopping. We ordered room service for dinner one evening, the service was quick, the food tasty, no complains. We had lunch at the hotel's restaurant which was wonderful. There are a lot of restaurant options around the hotel. Right next doors is Tim Horton's if you are looking for something quick.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in late October during business trip to UBC. Upon arrival (2pm) designated room not ready, immediately got another room on 30th floor and club access (Diamond member). Room quite modern, large, well appointed. Quite liked minimalist approach with furnishing. Bathroom quite on the small side, with very non-functional and user-unfriendly shower (shower head only on the ceiling, with no shower handle). Because of the elite status continental breakfast offered in the club, rather limited choices, but ok for not too demanding guest, I guess. Internet speed very good. Also staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PremiumFlyer74
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This property is in a central location downtown. We stayed here because it was close to the cruise terminal. The hotel itself and the rooms are contemporary style. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. We had an issue with a neighbor in the lock off room having a party so the hotel moved us to another room with no lock off. Both rooms were very nice. The service was wonderful. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a lock-off since sound proofing is not so great since it is an old building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pchampion25
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hyatt Regency Vancouver was fantastic! The lobby, although busy, was still spacious. Check in was easy. They didn't have king bed rooms available when I checked in, but offered a relatively cheap upgrade to a City View room with a king bed for $25 per night, so I definitely took them up on that offer. Considering I had already gotten a good deal when I booked through a discount website, it was still an inexpensive hotel stay.

The elevators were different in that you had to select your floor on a touch screen outside the elevators, then the screen would tell you which elevator to get on. It was different but efficient.

My room was great! It was on the 28th floor with a very decent view...I could even see some water. ;-) The king bed was awesome...I had a great night's sleep both nights I stayed there. The bathroom was typical but upscale...what was atypical was the shower. Instead of the traditional shower head, there was a square rainfall shower head in the ceiling which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Check out was easy. Since I was a Hyatt Gold Passport member, I was able to check out an hour later than normal without my having to ask for it. I also stored my luggage to do some shopping before my flight back home that night.

Overall, the Hyatt was great. Great rooms and great service. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The upgrade to a city view room for $25 per night is a good deal for a very nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ryan411

Dear ryan411,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am very happy to hear that your first stay with us was a great stay, and that you enjoyed the views from your room on the 28th floor. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards,