“Just OK.”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is just OK, there is nothing special about it, the room was clean, relatively quiet but nothing was outstanding. The price for the rooms was relatively expensive (for Manitoba at least but if I had to stay there again I think I would try another Hotel. Everything was just OK. Nothing stood out as great or wow that was really good. Maybe my expectations are too high but if I am paying over a premium price for a hotel room, I want the stay to be unforgettable not boring.

Room Tip: All the rooms are just OK.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pete K
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Vancouver

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here at this hotel in May of 2013. We were charged $45.74 for a one time valet parking! That same evening, we went to one of Vancouver's finest restaurants and paid only 11 bucks for valet parking. This is the highest I've EVER been charged for hotel valet parking. Shame on the Hyatt Regency Vancouver!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BudHansen
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear BudHansen

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I apologize that you find our parking expensive, however we are comparable to other hotels in the city. Our Valet Charge is currently $36 per night, however, the taxes on parking are $12.79 for a total of $48.79 including taxes. I hope this helps to explain the high cost of parking in Vancouver.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were booked for one night pre-cruise, as part of our cruise package, so I can't comment on the price or the value. However, this is a modern, well-appointed hotel, and the reception staff couldn't have been friendlier or more professional. There were certainly no complaints about the room, either. The bathroom was definitely up-scale, and the bed was supremely comfortable. We enjoyed the view from our window, and also the location in the middle of a with-it area of downtown Vancouver. I should mention that we were able to return our Avis rental car at an office that was only a couple of blocks away, which was a huge convenience for us. It was an easy walk to the cruisedock, and there are many restaurant choices nearby. There is a terrific gelato place about halfway down Burrard towards the cruise center. We had dinner at the Cactus Club Cafe, across the street and a block closer to the water, which was an excellent choice. We opted to go down to street level the next morning to grab a light breakfast at Tim Horton's, right next door. I was able to use the WiFi there (also a Macdonald's there, so not sure now which I was using). It is shortsighted of these expensive hotels to not provide free WiFi. If the standard motel chains can provide it for free, to guests who are paying a heck of a lot less, what are they thinking? Or is everyone there, except us, on expense accounts and don't care.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rob_Anne
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. Jaime the bellman gave great advice. Excellent location. Close to robson street and pacific centre for shopping. Also walking distance to Canada place. Food was not that great though.But close to royal centre which has a food court. Breakfast by chef Christopher was good though. Very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Khiajosina
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I recently stayed for three night on business. Parking is easy and below the hotel. Check in was good and fast. The elevators are attempting to use a piece of software to manage loads and yield and the user interface is not great at all. Most guests are frustrated by it. The room was perfect. Clean, well appointed, perfect. Room doors close with a loud click, so if you sleep lightly, any activity near your room will be noticed. The Mosaic restaurant serves good food with less than par service. I sat at 06:30am for 17 minutes before my order was taken. Not great. Overall, the hotel is nice. Service needs a tweak. I wasn't surprised once with service. Hotel 9/10, service 7/10. Good value for money.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank tenmile1

Dear tenmile1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that overall, you were pleased with the hotel and that the room was perfect for your needs. I would like to apologize about the challenges that you experienced with service, particularly in the Mosaic restaurant. I have shared your comments with the Mosaic team as this is certainly not the level of service that you can expect while in our hotel. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again, and if I can offer any assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here for three nights, while vacationing in BC. It was pretty well located, downtown, though I think the location would be better suited to business travelers than vacation. The room was large, modern, and comfortable - no complaints. But, it also was not anything particularly special - especially for the money.
They have unusual elevators where you enter your floor BEFORE YOU ENTER the elevator. I'm assuming that it must be more energy efficient or something, but it confused a lot of people. (Our check-in clerk explained its use to us, so we were fine). I kept thinking that my elderly mother would be very upset if she had to try to figure it out.
Lastly, we asked the concierge for recommended restaurants for dinner, and tried two. The first was nice, though certainly did not live up to the hype (I'd also read about it elsewhere). The second was mediocre food served in a rather worn-out looking dining room. In a city with a reputation for food, these places were a great disappointment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel is just 5 short blocks up Burrard from the cruise terminal. Beautiful facilities and great staff. Large workout room with cold towels, water, headphones and access to outdoor lap pool and very large hot tub/spa. Starbucks in lobby. Tim Hortons (coffee and GREAT donuts) and McDonalds just outside lobby. Hotel is next to Burrard metro station and a stop on the HOHO bus tour route (Big Bus and Trolley). Rooms are large and have desks with multiple charging ports. Strong wifi signal in room but didn't use it.

We couldn't check in at 7:30 when we got off the cruise ship (they tried but no rooms available), the Bellman Luther locked up our luggage in their storage room. Once we got back he retrieved the luggage, showed us how to use the RFID card key system, and advised us on hotel facilities. Great help!

Doors and the elevators are controlled by the card keys. No buttons in the elevators. Bring the key near a terminal in the elevator bank and it tells you which elevator to take and programs the elevator (you can also enter a floor manually). Exercise room/pool need the key, as does the ice machine room (and you need the key to get out of the ice room). Safe in rooms also use the key, and even the second room key will not open the safe.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple