“Standard property..No risk, no gain”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #25 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mumbai
“Standard property..No risk, no gain”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Was on business trip and stayed here for 3 days. Room on 32 floor. Overall this is a typical standard room you get in most chain hotels. Location of the hotel is great in downtown. I guess I was let down by how boring it was.

I loved: bathroom.nice contemporary look.....bed. was big & comfy.....view from room was great.

service: efficient. very friendly.

average: tub. not for a big man....toiletries. no shower cap given. Had to ask for it.

blah: got bored stuck in the room. not much space to move about.

cons: no complimentary water bottles......too many light switches in the room.had to individually switch off each.....security is a joke.access to everyone to all floors.only need to punch in room number on the console.....in room safe. again this can be locked and opened with a room access card.isn't the whole point of a safe is to have numbered access only to you.this system can allow anyone to open the safe as long as they have your room access card......the lobby is crazy.its filled with people all the time since there is a starbucks there and access to a bar and a shopping center.found it very crowded.

around the hotel: great location. stores, restaurants, waterfront all nearby

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I went to Vancouver for a weekend in summer and stayed here. It's a great city and this hotel is right in the heart of the downtown Vancouver. Very convenient, either you drive or take subway (right on the station). The staffs are kind and generous; the room is clean and well-maintained. Everything and everhhing, it's great and you have to pay for them. For example, valet parking staffs are very professional and get your car in & out quick; and you will be paying $45/day for that.
The only downsize during the stay was that we had to wait for long time for the elevator, no matter it's the morning, afternoon, or evening. Maybe it's because there were multiple conference on site that weekend? We easily found ourselves waiting for 10 or even 15 mins for the ride...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Steven Y,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I am very happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your visit, and that you found the staff to be kind and generous and our rooms well maintained. We hope that we get to welcome you back again in the near future.

Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Came to Vancouver with a friend for the week to tour around. We got a great deal on this hotel on Hotwire. They gave us a room with a balcony and excellent views. The rooms and bathrooms were newer and very clean. The beds were super comfortable with plenty of pillows. They also had newer technology on their elevators and as big as the hotel was - you never waited long for an elevator or needed to stop on endless floors. You press your floor before boarding the elevator and it points you to the elevator with the most convenient stops for you. The staff working there were all super nice and helpful. All of Vancouver feels safe to walk around and the location of this hotel also felt that way. We were two ladies traveling together and often walked back from dinner late and felt this was in a good neighborhood. Our only complaint about the hotel - the walls seemed really thin - bring your earplugs. You could hear the quietest conversations in other rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and bring a bottle of wine. A nice place to sit out and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights after cruise. Very friendly and helpful service. Centrally located in the downtown area near restaurants and shopping. A great place to walk. Excellent food at Mosaic bar and grill in hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear chin1ger,

Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and that you had a chance to dine at the Mosaic Bar & Grille and had an excellent experience. We hope that should your travels bring you back to Vancouver, we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel is very modern and chic, it's perfect if you like your creature comforts with clean lines and modern interiors. Rooms are spacious with lovely city views and beds are very comfortable.

Positives: Great central and lovely location with views over the city. Close to Burrard Skytrain station with links to the airport and other parts of Vancouver. Starbucks is in the lobby which is always handy as a quick breakfast/brunch stop. Bathrooms are very luxurious and well appointed. The lifts are very fast and organised, with you putting in your floor number and being directed to the right lift. Staff are incredibly friendly and there are two bars to choose from. The breakfast/dining room is beautiful and the food individually prepared and fresh. Overall a fantastic stay.

Negative: Very little really, the walls can be thin, so take ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

It's one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at in North America.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible to avoid road noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank greenpanther30
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked with Hotwire and ended up staying here. We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The location is perfect, you can walk anywhere Downtown, to English Bay, the Seawall, Stanley Park etc. very quickly and you are also close to the Burrard Skytrain station. We arrived very early on the day of our check in and were offered either baggage storage, since our room was not ready, or for a $20 upgrade we could check in right away to one of their pure hypo allergenic rooms, which we did. The room was roomy, very clean and had a comfy bed. We stayed one night and would definitely consider staying at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bergak
Reviewed July 17, 2013

When I call to reserve 2 rooms at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, I specifically requested to borrow a wheelchair for my mom for the duration of our stays. I also called a day in advance to remind the hotel of my request. I was told that there are 2 wheelchairs available for guests to use in the "hotel facilities" only, it cannot be taken out of the hotel. If we would like to rent one, it's $25/day plus $30 delivery fee, I even showed the manager Christine of my mom's wheelchair permit, that didn't work. She was non-sympathetic! I have traveled all over the world and stayed in many 5 stars hotels and NO hoteliers ever asked me to pay to rent a wheelchair. They just lend it to me for the duration of my stay. I can understand if there was no wheelchair available. But there were 2 wheelchairs and there was someone with real need for a wheelchair, Christine told me that the wheelchairs were for emergency use only therefore cannot be lent out. Two wheelchairs were unoccupied meanwhile you have someone who has a need for a wheelchair cannot use it. The manager was heartless! All she can say was it's a company's policy. Have you ever heard of the exception to the rules? We are dealing with someone who is handicap and 2 wheelchairs available and unoccupied. I was very disappointed with the service and cancel my reservation for 2 rooms for 2 weeks immediately and took my business to The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver across the street. The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver lent me a wheelchair without any fees. It's too bad as your hotel lost one month worth of business from me (2 rooms X 14 days) over a wheelchair. More importantly, your hotel/manager do not have respect or sympathetic for those who truly needs your service. I'm very disappointed with the Hyatt Regency Vancouver's service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank LE AN H
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear LE AN H,

I would like to apologize for the confusion regarding the use of the wheelchairs at our hotel, and I apologize that when you first made your booking our wheelchair policy was not explained more clearly. We do have 2 wheelchairs in the hotel for short term guest use in case of emergency, and because of the limited number available we are unable to loan them out to guests long term. We are able to assist guests in arranging for wheelchair rentals for use during their stay, and from your review it appears as though we did offer to assist you in securing a wheelchair rental. We certainly want to ensure that all of our guests have a wonderful stay while with us, and if you are planning to return to Vancouver please reach out to me directly at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com so I can assist you with all of your arrangements for your stay.