“Overall fine but shame about the Regency Club”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #22 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pristina, Kosovo
“Overall fine but shame about the Regency Club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our one night stay was fine. No major wow factors but put up to the usual very good standards we have come to expect of Hyatts. We were disappointed that the Regency Club charged for drinks and this is the first time we have experienced this in Hyatt Hotels all round the world. Is the start of the end of the Regency Club proposition? The appeal of this service has always been the free drinks - if we have to pay we may as well go down to the main bar where there is waiter service, a bigger range of drinks, sometimes entertainment and always a better ambience.

Gym was good and the evening meal in the restaurant was great. Excellent location. 200 CAD per night cheaper than the equivalent at the Fairmont Pacific Rim over the road.

No sea view and surprisingly noisy traffic even on the 29th floor. Tough decision next time we visit - Hyatt or Fairmont?

Room Tip: As high as possible as the traffic is quite noisy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently stayed in the Hyatt Regency Downtown Vancouver for business and was quite impressed. Service was excellent, from check in through check out. The room was spacious, attractive, quiet and very comfortable. Bath was very good, and amenities such as the wired internet access and TV were first rate. Location was also excellent, right in the heart of downtown Vancouver near shopping, dining and the waterfront area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Hyatt and were very impressed. The staff on arrival were very helpful, our room was a good size with very comfortable beds. The bathroom was a good size and everything was very clean. The hotel is close to everything from a 15 min walk to waterfront which is great to shopping and restaurants nearby. There are also coffee and eating places like Starbucks and McDonalds closeby. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked the first 2 nights of our Canada honeymoon though Hotwire and got this hotel. I was more than happy that it turned out to be this one going by the reviews I'd read and the photos from other guests. We were very happy as soon as we checked in, as the very nice gentlemen at the desk named Andrew, upgraded us to a nicer room with a balcony once he discovered we were on our honeymoon. The room was spotless, with everything you could need. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The location is great with most of downtown vancouver accessible by foot or sky train/bus. Even through Hotwire, the hotel was expensive in our eyes but it is right in the city centre so it's expected. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Rachie_poo001
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through Priceline, which doesn't guarantee you a king bed (which I called beforehand to request). We ended up having to pay an extra $25 for an upgrade to a king bed, and better view. Ended up in 3216, which had a good downtown/water view. Bed was very comfortable, hotel was contemporary. The elevators are cool, but they're still elevators. Location is a huge plus as it's only a block from the SkyTrain, and about a 15 minute walk to the water. Thought we couldn't check in until 4 PM, but showed up at noon and checked in with no problems. No noise complaints, though we did have an adjoining door, so I could see how that may be the case for someone. Big HD TV, though we didn't use it. Shower was great, and bathroom was average-sized. Breakfast was about $26/person, so we opted for elsewhere. Would probably stay here again, though there wasn't much special about it. A fairly typical downtown hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Greg S
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at the Hyatt while attending a conference. I arrived late on a Tuesday night and was told that the hotel was full and the room I booked was taken. How the clerk handled it was an indication of the service this hotel provides. It's easy to look good when things are going well, but how a business handles problems is the test of their commitment to customer service. The clerk offered me another room that had a smaller bed, discounted the room to $99 and threw in buffet breakfast the next morning. She was very pleasant, professional and apologetic. The room was very nice anyway, and then they moved me to a larger room for the rest of my stay.

The location is excellent - close to waterfront and restaurants as well as the metro system.

The conference facilities were very good. Breakfast and lunch were excellent. All the staff members were friendly and courteous. I was very impressed with this hotel and its service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

There are a lot of hotels to choose from in Downtown Vancouver, BC and I would say this one is okay. If we hadn't got this at a discounted rate I would've been upset, but for the price we paid I would say it was worth it. The rooms are clean and well laid out. The hotel is obviously "conference central" so it's always (apparently) pretty crazy busy. The beds were oh-so-cozy which was my favorite part. I did not like the shower head (it's centered directly overhead in the ceiling which can make washing a little complicated - especially if you're trying to not get your hair wet. Our toilet broke and the fan and light in the shower didn't work. I reported both and they said they would send somebody right away. We waited for a while but then left b/c we didn't want to spend our afternoon in the hotel room. My husband fixed it somehow so it was survivable. We liked the hot tub except for the sliminess that was left on our skin when we got out. Even after taking a shower, we could still feel a "sheen" of some sort on our skin. (I'm assuming this was from the chemicals in the water). We ate breakfast in the restaurant on one morning and thought it was good; incredibly overpriced, but good. But most hotel restaurant buffets are overpriced so. . . . The staff for the most part was gracious, kind, and accommodating. I thought it was interesting that they would exchange our US dollars for Canadian money, but they would not change it back when we were leaving. This hotel is in the middle of downtown, in a great location within walking distance to tons of locations.

Room Tip: The higher up you are the further away from commuter noise you will be. Although - the rooms seem t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple