“Modern with Wonderful Location”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel had a wonderful location and was quite modern which I like. I was walking distance to everywhere in Downtown Vancouver and only a few short blocks to Robson Street. The beds and rooms were really comfortable. Also, the views from the hotel were great. The only thing I did not like was the extra charge for WIFI but that's pretty standard these days. The elevators were easy once you figured it out and I've seen a few more places that have them set up with the new way of requesting your floor. I would skip the restaurant though. Out of all the places I ate in Vancouver I had the worst service here and the worst food. Too many other wonderful places to eat elsewhere in Vancouver. The Starbucks on the 1st floor is an added bonus!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JarredBradley
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Vancouver

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just spent five days in beautiful Vancouver and one reason why my experience was great was I stayed at the Hyatt...No wonder they have so many excellent reviews... Yes, it is located perfectly in Vancouver, but it is also very quiet for a down town hotel, and staffed with very friendly and knowledgable people. Our favorite was John the doorman.. who knew more about any resturant and Vancouver than most any body! He is a great resource for any need!

Rooms very clean, the bar and service faboulous... how much did my group of 200 like this hotel? I am going back in a month with 80 friends... IF you are going to Vancouver, stay here, you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: ask for one of their faboulous suites on an Hyatt upgrade, or ask for a view of the water..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SouthernTravel
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear SouthernTravel,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay. It is wonderful to hear that you had a great experience both at our hotel and in Vancouver. I am also thrilled to hear that John was able to give you excellent advice for your visit, I will be certain to share your kind words with him. We look forward to welcoming you and your 80 friends back next month!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my first trip to Vancouver. Although I was travelling for business purposes, I would definately come back to enjoy some vacation time in this city. My stay at the Hyatt was quite enjoyable. The rooms were very clean and the staff was accommodating. It's perfectly located downtown and within walking distance to some great shops, attraction, restaurants and the waterfront. It offers free shuttle service to the Capilano Suspension Bridge (a great place to visit) and public transit is close at hand. It's worth it to have breakfast at the Mosaic Grill at least once during your stay - the Crab Eggs Benedict were divine!

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Anderhea
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had a wonderful weekend in Vancouver and the Hyatt hotel. It's centrally located, close to the SkyTrain and bus system. They had a terrific bus tour of the city that stated and stopped at the hotel so it was easy to tour the city. Staff was very friendly.

I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank goc2c13
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The Vancouver Hyatt is ideally located for business and personal travel. It's rooms are comfortable and modern, and the staff are friendly. It's located next to a Skytrain station and its a short walk to Robson st for shopping and restaurants. The second floor dining room and bar are very nice and the food is good. Don't bother with the bar on the lobby level, it's cold, unfriendly and out of place in a nice hotel like this. The second floor bar is warm and welcoming. I'm a regular here and I will continue to return.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I were recent guests at Hyatt Regency Vancouver [March 19 – 29, 2013 ].

After a hectic but worthwhile trip in Eastern Europe as part of a group tour, we thought this time we will take it easy and base ourselves in just one city. We have indeed achieved what we wanted and much more. Vancouver is a lovely city and we could not have improved on our choice of hotel. Hyatt Regency Vancouver is in the heart of the city. There are 24 hour food outlets, chemist, boutique shops etc. which is accessible from the lobby. We liked the way the lifts operated, our room and safe accessed with a swipe card and last but not least the clean and environmentally conscious scheme of things…what a Special Hotel. My one disappointment though was we were not given a high floor as requested, maybe next time.

As we start the day to wander around, the smiling and friendly faces in particular of two staff namely Edwin Abshire and Moon Yun [he gave us basic orientation when he took our luggage to our room on arrival] often encouraged us to approach them when we needed advice re short trips we wanted to take while there. We are most grateful for their kindness and cheerfulness. That meant a lot when you are in a strange city.

It was definitely worth the looooong trip from Sydney, Australia to Vancouver and I would love to do it again. Vancouver has so much on offer.

Again thank you and our best wishes to Edwin and Moon for their contribution to our awesome adventure in Vancouver.

Imelda from Sydney, Australia

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Imeldadc
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Imeldadc,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time in our hotel, and certainly appreciate the special recognition for Edwin and Moon. I will be sure to share your kind words with them.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just returned from a weekend in Vancouver and we tried out the Hyatt Regency. We arrived via transit from the Tsawassan Ferry Terminal, since the hotel is right next to a sky-train station - it was quick and seamless both on the Friday and the Sunday so that was a great start. The hotel has a modern lobby and a great Starbucks, in addition an entrance into a mall by the front desk. Check-in was friendly and quick, and we got a room, as requested with a king size bed and a rollaway for the kids. We got a beautiful room on the 28th floor looking towards the North Shore mountains. The rooms are spacious and must have been recently remodeled. They are also quite spacious and very well equipped with nice and functional furniture! The windows are floor to ceiling (literally) AND - I love this - the black out curtains are installed in such a way, that they overlap at least 6 inches. This means there is no light coming through a crack where the curtains meet, when the curtain tracks are installed in such a way where they come together. Here - the curtain tracks do not come together, but pass each other, in parallel. Small details - but OH SO important.
The work desk is large and functional with all of the plug-ins within reach. The bathroom was amazing and had a cool rain-shower built into the ceiling. My wife was not that excited about it, however, and to be honest, we were both surprised that there wasn't a second, regular shower head in addition to the rain shower feature. I could see how some people wouldn't like this too much, but personally, I loved it.

Took the kids to the pool which is an outdoor pool on the 4th floor. What is odd, is that there are no changerooms provided. You need to come down in your bathing suit and walk through the gym to get to the pool. There is an outdoor shower but it was raining both days and there is only a very small overhang where you can place your towels and any other clothes you may be wearing so that is a bit of a mystery to me - why the set up is the way it is. The pool is also not the largest pool you've ever seen but it is heated and, most importantly, the kids didn't seem to care. They had fun regardless. The hot-tub was very nice, but unfortunately, it was out of order on Sunday so we couldn't use it on our day of check-out. They gym is decent and they provide nice extras such as water fountain with cups, headphones for you to use as well as chilled towels that are scented with eucaplyptus - that was a nice surprise!

We also had the breakfast buffet each morning. Great, modern restaurant and buffet and great views of all the action on Burrard.

One last note - this hotel has unique elevator control panels - I've not seen these anywhere else. You indicate your floor number on a touch pad and it will direct you to the elevator that you should stand by (they are labeled A through E). Then, when you step inside the elevator, there are no buttons other than the "open door" and "close door" and emergency call button. It took us a little while to get it - but can see this confusing some people - especially if you don't travel often or are perhaps not very open to new technology.

Anyways - I thoroughly enjoyed the Hyatt - my first time at this brand of hotel - and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view - regardless of what side of teh building you get on.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Victoria_BCTall_Guy

Dear Victoria_BCTall_Guy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit to our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to enjoy our pool facilities as well as dine in our restaurant for breakfast each day. Thank you as well for "highly recommending" us, and we hope that we get to welcome you and your family back soon.