“Thank you, Hyatt”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very good, and an improvement from last year where you were already great. I am voting EXCELLENT this year based on great check in staff, great overall staff, wonderful internet policy, exceptional breakfast, perfect room, great location. Your upgraded bar GRAIN is fantastic and the staff there very good. Overall, Hyatt, I would just remind you that women are executives, too, and that your staff should not always assume that a man is in charge ( this was my complaint last year) . Remember to look her in the eye, give her due respect, for she may be paying the bill.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wundersmack
Write a ReviewReviews (3,803)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

After a long, godawful 14 hour cattle class flight from Sydney, we arrived the front desk of Hyatt where we were greeted with a warm front desk personnel. Thus began our introduction to Vancouver. We booked our Regency Club room via hotels.com at a great rate. We arrived just before brekkie seating finished so i ran into the club to get some coffee. Again, greeted and welcomed by the most warm staff at Hyatt. We had a balcony room on the 29th floor which is just stunning. Really comfortable bed (Sealy apparently...we asked) and the club became our tidbit refuge for our 9 day stay. The breakfast spread is generous, and then the naughty stuff available for afternoon tea and another generous spread for canape and wines in the evening. Tres civil! I like the fact that i can walk in, retrieve key items and adjourn to my room. WIFI at the club is convenient as well. I have always found Hyatt to be perfunctory but this one takes the cake. The location is brilliant and watching the sun set at 930pm over the water is quite magical. The Regency Club can be stifling when you have kids pushing in, well, parents are to be blamed for poor upbringing. If you can overlook at, then you'll be fine.
As my first trip to Vancouver, the staff members were true ambassadors to the city. They were genuine, warm yet not effusive and inquisitive. When I am back, I will stay here again.
Vancouver itself is a warm city too...not sure why there is so much talk about them being uptight and moody. Though when I was there I did read an article that people find it hard to date in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Get a Regency Club room so you get all the extras. Get a balcony room too.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Yappas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. As a "Vancouverian", I am thrilled to hear that not only did you find our staff warm and welcoming, but everyone else in the city as well. I appreciate hearing your wonderful feedback about our Regency Club and am happy that you got to enjoy all of the benefits of staying on the Regency Club floor.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Vancouver.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stay in Hyatt Regency Vancouver for 7 nights because of a conference co-located in the hotel.

Being a Diamond Member, I have used a certificate to upgrade my reservation to Deluxe Suite. Thanks so much Maggie and Joann of Hyatt Worldwide Reservations Centre, Hong Kong, and the reservation of Hyatt Regency Vancouver to accommodate my last-minute upgrade request.

Pros:
1. Efficient Check-in and Check-out. Thanks Midori to take care of my reservation because I arrived in the airport much earlier than the standard check-in time. She allowed me to check-in in one side of the room (i.e., the bedroom), while asking a staff to open the connecting door to another side of the room (i.e., the living room) once the cleaning is finished. Thanks also to Akhirota for an efficient check-out.

2. Nice Regency Club. Though the Regency Club @ 29/F is relatively small, it does offer great services with a great variety of beverage and alcoholic available all the time. The continental breakfast being served in the Club is nice too.

3. Nice StayFit Fitness Center. Though the Fitness Center is (again) relatively small, there are more than enough treadmills and weights available. I do enjoy a great workout there!

4. Great Breakfast Buffet @ Mosaic Grille. I do also try the breakfast buffet in Mosaic Grille @ 2/F. There are lots of choice (cold, hot and made-to-order omelettes). I specially like the ham 'cause it is very tasty :)

5. In the Heart of Downtown. The hotel is conveniently located next to Burrard Station. If you go from the Vancouver International Airport, you would easily get there via Canada Line to Vancouver City Center (with a 5 - 10 minutes walk) or make a transit in Waterfront Station to Burrard Station. The hotel is also very close to Robson Street in which you would find lots of shops and restaurants. It is also close to the waterfront + Convention Center.

Cons:
1. The Wi-Fi connectivity is not that stable in the room and the lobby.

2. As previously mentioned by a few reports, the sound-proofing system (if any) is not good. I would clearly hear the conversation from my neighbors!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Edward-A A
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Excellent conference stay except for one thing. This being a non-smoking property as advertised. My room was on a corner and had a balcony on the 19th floor and unfortunately the room above on the 20th also had one too. The guest above would go out on the small balcony to smoke at all times of the day and night. Vancouver city bylaw states no smoking within six meters measured on the ground from a point directly below any point of any opening into any building including any door or window that opens or any air intake. Needless to say after 4 complaints and various security personnel walking around investigating, no action was taken against this wayward guest. Hence a request for a reduction in room charges was asked for, which was given without any problem.

Room Tip: I suggest that you do not get one of the small amount for balcony rooms if you don't like smoke...
2  Thank stuartjk3
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in January.
Our room on the 26th floor gave us terrific views of the city and sliver views of the magestic mountains and ocean, truly wonderful.
Michelle upon checkin gave us a coupon book for attractions and a card offering us complimentary Internet access which we did not use.
The room decor was attractive and the beds were beyond comfortable.
The location of the hotel provided us with easy access to all the local attractions. The nearby sky train access was extremely convenient for trips farther afield.
The only downside to the trip is that the stay was too short.
Already planning our return trip .

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Onebigandonesmall

Dear Onebigandonesmall,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you had a great visit and that you enjoyed the views from your guest room, as well as our convenient location. I'm also happy to hear that the only "downside" was that your visit was too short, and we are certainly looking forward to your next trip.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great renovations! Breakfast Buffet was amazing!!! Can't wait to return. Thank you for the complimentary upgrade. Love being right on Burrard Street...center of shopping....love the Bada Bing food truck out front...YUM! See you soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Eisus I
Reviewed January 18, 2013

As in all Hyatt I have been to, the experience is outstanding. Large room, comfortable bed, good working area, nice bathroom.
Excellent location in the middle of downtown and a few blocks from the coast.
Not giving them five starts because of two minor things:
- Bathroom door made of glass, you can see the outline of the person inside. I was there by myself but if I was with my wife I wouldn't have like that so much
- Very few outlets, had to disconnect a lamp to plug in my laptop
Also the elevators took forever to come - at least five minutes at one time. They have this fancy mechanism where you punch your floor outside, but they don't seem to have gotten it down right.