“Great location, easy access to our office!”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #23 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Great location, easy access to our office!”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

this was my second stay in this hotel...for business. Was on the top floor this time...32 floors up! Had a great view...could see the mountains and ski slopes from my room. Everything was very clean and I was very comfortable.

A couple of items worth mentioning: the coffee pot in my room was broken...I was too busy to request another one and I'm sure they would have if I'd asked, but worth noting. The breakfast was super over-priced, but with the Starbucks in the lobby and the Tim's across the little road at the entrance, there are other choices. And finally...the new elevator system! Wow..they have some bugs to work out! There were folks there servicing it during my stay, but I experienced some very long waits for the elevator.

Oh..the umbrella in the closet...very nice touch!

Will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from elevators...I did notice the loud humming as they went up and down.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2012

hubbie travels once a week to Vancouver and uses the hotel as a bed so this is from a vacation perspective. I used to travel extensively worldwide for business so am used to business hotels and what they offer so my review is not so off the mark for what most business travellers would expect but this is from the perspective of being the hanger on sharing with the business traveller. Check in was fine albeit a little strained as someone obviously not welcome at the front desk asked for some matches (very politely) and although our front desk agent handled it okay it was obvious he wasn`t happy about it. ``upgraded`to an upper floor due to Hubbies status really did nothing for us except cause a longer elevator ride. The rooms are fine though, standard business hotel fare, clean. Had brekkie one am with in the hotel restaurant and had a horrible $14 oatmeal (yes, seriously - the inedible roasted pears and apples were worth about $13 and he didnt eat) paid the bill then the server asked for feedback so hubbie shared. She said she was sorry but it was too late as the bill had been paid but if he wanted he could eat from the buffet for free. He respectfully declined. Had a drink in the lobby each night, and boy were there some personalities and some territorial issues in terms of what tables belong to who that management needs to address. Uncomforable enough that it was being discussed between guest tables. Very pleasant bellman although twice gave incorrect instructions on which buses to take and where to take them from. Received an invite to a breakfast reception to meet I think the F&B Manager and Marketing Director so decided to go, brought our invite, were sat at a table for two told to help ourselves to the buffet ate, left a tip and left the restaurant - not sure why it was billed as a meet and greet as it clearly wasn`t. We didn`t mind at all that it wasn`t but if it was just to encourage someone to try out the restaurant they should have said that. Hubbie never eats breakfast at the hotel, there is a Tim Hortons and McDonalds next door and a Starbucks right in the hotel which is great. Location is very convenient to everything. If all you are looking for is a clean bed in a great location then the Hyatt works, which is really what most business travellers are looking for anyway.

Room Tip: ask for a harbour view
Vancouver, B.C.
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I should start out by saying that I bought my night at the Hyatt via priceline, so that most likely influences the fact that I felt it was good value.
I'm a Vancouverite who wanted to make a weekend of a night out this past Saturday, so was looking to book a nicer hotel in the downtown area. Came up with the Hyatt, which worked out great as we had dinner reservations just a few blocks away,
Anyways, the front desk was nice and friendly. Magda, who checked us in was friendly and professional, and we got into our room early with nary a blink.
We were on the 31st floor facing east, so while technically, it wasn't a view room, we still saw a lot from that high up.
The rooms have been nicely re-done, but still not spectacular or really in a 5-star rating IMHO.
My only complaint would be that ice is only available on the 4th floor. Yep, just one floor for ice! Now, they do let you know that you can call room service to get it for you, but frankly we couldn't be bothered with that.
I would recommend this property if you are able to get a deal for it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank truenic
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt in downtown Vancouver as I had a conference there. I usually do not frequent such high end places, although I like to! I became a business member at the recommendation of the reservation clerk, so that I could get the wifi and breakfast with the room.It worked out to about 154.00 a night, which worked out cost-wise.

I was surprised that in this day and age, and in the city especially at a hotel that must be frequented by business people...how can they charge for wifi?? No one should charge for wifi nowadays!! I didn't have any trouble getting wifi and it worked fine.

The new elevator system was still being installed and it occasionally didn't want to work which was a little annoying with so many people in the hotel, although it was a pretty cool system when it worked.
But...the food was great, the service was great and the room/bed was comfy and clean!! I really enjoyed my stay and would stay again!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Hi, this is my first review! Good pleasant stay on Canada's thanksgiving 2011. Good quality, nice room, and kind staff. Also is located on downtown in one of the best areas, close to Stanley park, Vancouver Art gallery and subway station. There's also a good pass through directly from the hotel to get to the adjacent Mall.

by Divina

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed January 28, 2012

As a Diamond member I was upgraded to a room on the 30th floor. The regency lounge offers a great selection even in it's temporary home. Others have complained of hearing neighbors but I didn't have any issues- Had a sound sleep. Rooms are modern and clean. Only issue I found was the chaotic lobby amd check-in process that took much longer than necessary. Gym even in it's temporary location is also good. Definitely recommend and plan on going back next time I am in Vancouver.

Room Tip: High floor with a view.
Bozeman
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Listen, Hyatt Regency, I like you... but you have to get it together! I am a top-level Hyatt customer, meaning I'm supposed to get free WiFi among other perks. But what a hassle! I had to call the IT company involved with Hyatt, and go through a lengthy process to register my IP address in order to get our comp WiFi. First of all, it's ridiculous that you still charge anyone $9.95 a day for internet access. But to promise your Platinum members (or whatever you call us = we spend tens of thousands with Hyatt each year) FREE WiFi and then make it a hassle for us?

My room was fine, but entirely UNsoundproof. I could hear every word my neighbors spoke, every bathroom function, every TV channel, loud and clear. I expect this sort of nonsense at a Super 8, not at Hyatt.

Word to the staff: please do not ignore your female guests. I am an executive woman, and I did not receive the eye contact, service or attention sent to my male counterparts. Note: I mostly experienced this discrimination from female staff members, who are used to sucking up to men. Hyatt -- please attend to this matter, or risk alienating your female executive class.

I did like the new elevator system.

I especially loved the services of Bellman Moon, a great guy who stowed my luggage and recommended the Vancouver train to the airport, saving me about $30. Also, he was just a super-swell and very nice man.

1 Thank wundersmack
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear wundersmack,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am happy to hear Moon provided excellent service during your visit, and I have shared your kind words with him. It is also great to hear that you liked our new elevator system. I have shared your feedback regarding your experience signing up for Internet with our IT Manager, so that we can try to ensure future guests don't encounter similar challenges. I would like the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experience with our other staff members and ask you to contact me at either 604-639-4701, or via email at brandi.lasanen@hyatt.com.

Warm Regards,