Moda Hotel
$314
St. Regis Hotel(Vancouver)
$414
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$163
HolidayInn.com
$540
$462
  • Restaurant
All reviewscibored cardgreat locationseymour streetdowntown vancouverstreet noisean older buildingrooms are smalllight sleeperliquor storethird floorwalking distance to everythingwould stay here againfront desk staffcoffee machinecorner roomking room
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Moda hotel was a little tired looking. Had a lot of trouble with the air conditioning which they did try to fix but we still couldn't get it below 23deg. We were able to walk to and from the underground which was good. There was no noise heard from our room. The staff at the Hotel were lovely and were quick to offer their assistance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great location in downtown Vancouver, close to buzzing Granville Street, Vancouver Art Gallery and a short walk to the waterfront. The hotel has a long history, and the standard room we stayed in on the fourth floor could do with some updates - decor looked a bit drab. Rooms were a bit noisy with the windows open. However, staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel is reasonably priced for its location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank zproud1
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had had lunch here on a previous trip and it was very good. The location is great and it's an easy walk to just about anywhere, easy to get to on the skytrain from the airport. On a recent trip, I stayed one night on business and wouldn't stay for business again. The wireless internet was up and down, and the room was just OK - a little too red for my liking. I would stay for a personal trip, when I wasn't planning to spend much time in the room but it wasn't the best for spending time in the room between meetings trying to work.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Booking through expedia I got a terrific deal on a deluxe room on the 3rd floor, where I spent four nights. Having not heard of this place before, I would now book again without hesitation. It's centrally located in downtown Van, a couple of blocks from both SkyTrain lines and an easy walk to all downtown neighbourhoods & attractions. There's a full grocer down the block & lots of restaurants close-by. They've got a PC for guest use which is nice for folks like me who travel without a stack of devices. There are two or three restaurants on the main floor, none of which I tried, but each looked pretty good.

Tastefully decorated, most everything was in good shape. I was a bit surprised to see the disconnected window A/C taking up space in the corner, but this was no big deal (and frankly I'm not sure where else they'd store 80-odd units throughout the winter months). The mattress was pleasantly firm, and the bathroom was super-clean and more spacious than I envisioned. While both Seymour & Smithe streets are pretty busy with vehicular traffic, I had no problems sleeping. There are two single-pane windows -so it's not whisper quiet- but I was never bothered with noise from the street.

I'll be staying again the next time I visit the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at the Moda Hotel for just one night October 2, 2013 while in Vancouver for a concert. Because we don't know Vancouver very well, we wanted to be fairly close to the concert venue (Rogers Arena), but not have to pay an arm and a leg. After reading the reviews on the Moda, we were a little unsure of what to expect. But ultimately we were very satisfied. I was concerned after reading a lot of reviews about how noisy it might be. But when we booked our reservation, we requested a quiet room, and had no noise issues.
The room was very small, and had it been for any more than one night, or if we were in the room for anything more than just to sleep, it might be a bit of a challenge. But otherwise I think they've done a good job of updating a very old building and keeping it reasonably priced.
The biggest fault I would have to say is the pedestal sink in the bathroom. While it adds to the modern look of the decor, there is absolutely no counter space to put any bathroom necessities like toiletries, makeup, etc. And no other mirror in the bedroom to use instead.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room when booking and you shouldn't have noise problems.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends