1,068 results
All reviews cibo red card great location seymour street downtown vancouver street noise an older building light sleeper rooms are small liquor store third floor front desk staff one night stay corner room coffee machine central location few blocks
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I liked the Moda Hotel, I liked it's location, I liked the attention to detail. It was a little pricey for what I got. I kind of expect breakfast included for what I paid. I had not been to Vancouver in roughly a decade and so I was not aware of the area's reputation and when I told a friend where I would be staying she blanched. But, it has all be regenerated and gentrified and if you want to be in the center of things, look no further than this comfortable hotel. Given its name obviously it wants to fashionable and so it tries hard on this level. I don't know fashion and so this is inevitably lost one me!

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This is our 3rd or 4th time staying at the Moda Hotel. Living in Seattle, we usually go to Vancouver at least 1 or more times a year. We have stayed at many hotels in Vancouver ranging from 3-5 stars. Currently Moda is our very favorite. The Moda is a great little boutique hotel in a great location. Just a few block away from Robson street shop, Yaletown, Chinatown or Gastown. As always we spent part of the evenings at UVA sipping one of their fantastic cocktails, it is great to have such a chic bar with great handcrafted cocktails just downstairs. The bartender at UVA was, as always helpful, friendly and gave a laundry list of other great bars to try. We had lunch /snack at Red Card there we also found a great atmosphere and good food.
The hotel rooms are small, but clean and stylish. The rates are usually relatively cheap compared to other hotels in the same class. Probably can’t do better for price, location and amenities.

Room tip: Have a drink at UVA
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank coethiel
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and choosing Moda Hotel for your Vancouver get away. We are very happy that you keep enjoying our friendly service, location, and amenities.

All of us here at Moda are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Love from all of us here at Moda,

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Great value and location.

Friendly staff and very clean room.

Located in the heart of downtown and there is a Starbucks next to hotel.

Room size is not large but functional. Nice decor and LCD tv with lots of channels.

FREE INTERNET.

1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to stay over night in Vancouver after our flight back from San Franscisco before we headed home to Langley. He was suffering from really bad allergies on the night we stayed, Philipe from the front desk was amazing. He went from room to room with us to so we could have a room that didn't have fumes from the recent renovation he gave us the perfect room, brought up new keys and an usb cable for our laptop!! Amazing I have stayed at 5star hotels and I had the best experience here, even if the hotel was 3 star!! WOW!!

Room tip: Be authentic and treat people kindly!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The room was in a great location. We were able to walk all over the city. The bed was really comfy - the soap in the room was fabulous. If they had room service, it would have been perfect. This hotel would not be good if you want peace and quiet. At about 3AM, there was a "drunk driver" bust right outside of our window. We had just gotten home ourselves (walking, not driving!), and it was pure entertainment to watch. I probably would have been annoyed if I had been sleeping, but it was a great place to crash if you want to go out in downtown Vancouver.

Date of stay: January 2011