1,068 results
All reviews cibo red card great location seymour street downtown vancouver street noise an older building light sleeper rooms are small liquor store third floor front desk staff one night stay corner room coffee machine central location few blocks
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The room was in a great location. We were able to walk all over the city. The bed was really comfy - the soap in the room was fabulous. If they had room service, it would have been perfect. This hotel would not be good if you want peace and quiet. At about 3AM, there was a "drunk driver" bust right outside of our window. We had just gotten home ourselves (walking, not driving!), and it was pure entertainment to watch. I probably would have been annoyed if I had been sleeping, but it was a great place to crash if you want to go out in downtown Vancouver.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank srahsrahh
Reviewed April 1, 2011

After reading all of the negative reviews about the loud noise, my wife and I took a gamble with this place. We honestly were sold with the special package for Washington state residents ($99/night with free parking in a secure, gated garage...not bad!). We were reassured by the staff that sound proofing would be completed by the time of our arrival. Regardless, we packed our ear plugs just to be safe.

I have to say, we were pleasantly surprised. We were in a corner room on the third floor. The street noise was barely audible. You do get some noise from the hallway, but it was mostly negligible. The room was clean and well decorated. The bed was nice and firm with comfy pillows. The sheets were a bit stiff, but we got used to them pretty quickly. The bathroom was well stocked with Skoah products, a local (~5-7 min walk) Vancouver body care shop. A DVD player would be a nice touch. I also wish there was a micro/fridge combo for all of our wonderful leftovers.

The staff was pleasant and very accommodating. They gladly held our bags and extended our free parking for several more hours after check out. Big brownie points in my opinion.

The location can't be beat. You are in very close proximity to any number of bars, clubs, shops, and restaurants. We took a few Frommer walking tours and they all started within a few blocks from the hotel. Don't bother with the overpriced restaurants located on the street level of the hotel. There are much better places nearby.

Next time we're in Vancouver, we'll definitely consider staying here again. Bravo, Moda Hotel!

Room tip: ask for a corner room...better ambient light
2  Thank Padre_Ricky
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel has a good location, right by all the bars on Granville, but the staff gave me the creeps. After a night at the bars, myself, my girlfriend and our two friends came back to the room to hang out and wind down before bed. AS SOON as we got in the room (around 12:30am) we got a call from the front desk, who had watched us enter the room via the many cameras they have, and called to inform us (in a very stern parent to child tone) that an extra guest is $20 per night. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think that is a bit big-brother-ish. Our guests thought it was odd too.
Either way, the room was incredibly small. Next time I will stay elsewhere.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank tomhowell662
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We arrived in Vancouver on a 6am flight on a cold and wet morning. The staff were friendly and helpful, we were advised to go for breakfast on arrival and that we would be able to check in early on our return if a room was available (which was about 9.30am so very accommodating of them!). The room was tidy, cozy and modern. Only thing not available was an in room safe. We were given a room at the back of the hotel which was nice and quiet. Moda is on the same block as a supermarket and starbucks, walking distance to local shopping and public transport in the area.

Reviewed March 12, 2011

Hotel moda is a older hotel that has been updated. The price points are un-beatable for downtown and it is clean. The hotel tends to be louder as it is so old, so if you are a light sleeper its better to stay elsewhere. The Skoah products in the bathroom are great!

Date of stay: May 2010