“Funky, Retro Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Funky, Retro Hotel”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel is in a convenient downtown location. It is clean, has nice amenities, and reasonable rates. The staff is helpful and friendly. The rates are reasonable given its location. Restaurants and other attractions are nearby. We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Korean first
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Booked one night stay at this nice hotel for next day's early body examination at the hospital across the street. I was impressed how new and clean this hotel is.

Just totally renovated in 2011, the room has an simple urban style. Lots storage space even though it`s not a large room. The clean bed was very comfortable, especially the pillows have the right firmness which is rare to see at other hotels.

Bathroom has a right size, just the sink is kinda small. The showerhead has a perfect flow made the shower enjoyable.

The amenties are good: 2 free bottled water, new fancy flavoured expresso machine, 42" LG LED TV, free in room WiFi, free bike rental..... etc. It was quiet at night even though it`s on a main traffic street.

The only down side is the sunlight can go through the thin curtain , makes late raisers might feel hard to fall asleep without an eye cover.

It has a beautiful courtyard garden with tables and chairs, very relaxing feel.....

I would high recommand this wonderful hotel for single or couples travallers.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the sides or back of the building would be quieter than the ones facing the big str...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is at a great location and between the good business area for shopping and the drinking area for the locals.

This hotel was not as expensive as i would have expected for the area and, although the hotel is basic, this meets all the needs. I was particularly impressed with the complimentary water, free local calls within North America and Canada, an Nespresso machine and a great and enormous size room.

The staff were a great asset and so friendly to giving me the local knowledge, especially grateful for a tourist from the UK.

I would certainly stay here again.

Thank you for a great time!

Room Tip: City facing room is a nice view to the city, but also to the road, although i was NOT kept awake by...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I really liked this hotel. My room was large, quiet and comfortable. The courtyard was an oasis in a big city. The hotel bicycle was free and it was trouble free. The location was perfect; it's close to everything. The downside was that I had to wait until exactly three o'clock until my room was ready. I found the desk staff somewhat aloof (two grumpy old guys), but housekeeping and the baristas were great. And the kid who got me my bicycle was cheerful and informative. He even sketched out a route through Stanley Park for me and it was spot on. (He should be behind the front desk and put the old guys in the garage!) Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I think it was a decent value. I would stay at The Burrard again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A better description is a motel and not an "inn". There are no amenities here, rooms are outdoor entry motel style. Structurally this place has not changed since I stayed here 20 years ago. The difference is fresh paint in the rooms and "new"er furnishings. The bathroom is the biggest issue - as there is ZERO counter space to put a shaving case or much of anything else. It is sterile with white tiles of a vingatge right out of a 1940 operting room. One very small dimly lit light fixtures provides what must be 30 watts of light....the same poor lighting is in the bedroom as well making reading impossible. With the room so dark it did not feel clean. The bed was comfortable, the pillows to stuffed with material and uncomfortable. The windows needed to be open for ventilation as they fog constantly, particularly when it rains (constantly when I was there). You can hear conversations from an adjoining room. There is construction presently going on behind the building so very noisy in the morning. Front staff (the lot of them) seemed immersed on web-surfing...as they look disinterested when guests come and go. I would not stay here again. Better rooms and experience can be found more central for the same money or a little more.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CanadianBoys
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here instead of Sheraton next door for a conference. Cute central location, quiet modern hotel, small but clean rooms. Free wifi. Water. Calling to Canada and US. Staff always accommodating and ready to give advice on anything. 24 hr great coffee shop downstairs. Definitely worth it for the price!
As a side note- this was probably a motel in its past life but with all of the remodeling you can't tell and I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank DEtraveler83
MB, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at The Burrard for two nights in early October and very much enjoyed it. Front desk staff was very friendly and attentive. Upon my arrival, there was a mistake with my reservations but it was taken care of immediately.

I enjoyed the room and the amenities. The nespresso machine in the room is a fantastic idea (I used it twice daily). I appreciated the free wifi and the flat screen TV, I ended up hurting my knee and spent more time in my room than I had anticipated.

The hotel has tons of character, the courtyard looked very welcoming unfortunately it was pouring rain and couldn't enjoy it. They had someone playing music on the Saturday night which I found to be quite nice.

The only downside for me was the bathroom. I found the sink to be too small, I couldn't wash my face without splattering water everywhere. My room didn't have a bathtub, only a shower which was disappointing for me. I also had the maid walk into my room without knocking first, although she did apologize. I have had this happen numerous times at other hotels too so I always lock my door with a chain link, but the room I was in did not have one.

I recommend this hotel and would go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business