Patricia Hotel
Opus Hotel(Vancouver)
$441
$372
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$195
Suttonplace.com
$322
$287
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$238
$221
$489
$349
$538
$460
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspat's pubeast hastingslive jazzyogurtgas townhotel is greatfew blocksdowntown areanoorchinatownpatsbc
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My partner and I are in our mid-50's and stayed here for a night before flying home to the UK. Yes, it is in a depressed area, but the accommodation is clean and comfortable albeit a bit dated and we felt completely safe. As other reviewers have said, customer service is of paramount importance to all the staff. Noor helped us out with internet access to complete our online check-in and printed off our boarding passes for us. He also took time to show us places of interest within walking distance - the only thing that stopped us visiting Gastown that evening was the rain. Pat's pub served an excellent pint and we had some lovely hot wings with this. We went over the road to Hanoi Pho for our evening meal which was superb! Much of the street activity had died down as early as 9.00pm and never seemed threatening - indeed we were greeted with helpfulness at the bus stop the next morning from one of the locals. We would certainly stay there again and hope to do so on our next trip to Vancouver. Don't expect luxury, but you will be treated with friendly courtesy and sleep well and it is on this basis that I have given our ratings.

Room Tip: Be advised by the front desk!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel might seem a little rough and ready but it's a great place to stay. The staff are so helpful and friendly - it starts to feel like home. It's in a dodgy neighborhood, but it isn't dangerous. Yes, there are unfortunate people around - drug addicts, homeless, prostitutes, but I stayed for 2 weeks, never had any trouble and I was walking back at all hours of the day. My advice - don't walk up and down the main street (Hastings) if you don't want to be around it - walk downtown through Chinatown (visit the beautiful garden).
You will not find a welcome and service like this in most hotels. Thoroughly recommended.
Steve, from UK.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank steve68pete
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I just wanted a bed to sleep in for the one night I was there.Don't need luxury but COME ON...is it too much to ask for at least CLEAN ? it was FILTHY, it smelled HORRIBLE. I looked out of the window and there was a lady sitting there smoking crack. Crack addicts openly smoking all down Hastings. Prostitutes with their Johns right outside the hotel. This is VERY colorful. If you want to write a book that includes this kind of scenery you are in the perfect place. The one star (wish I could've given zero stars) is for the front desk personnel. EXTREMELY helpful and patient. They are the light of this dump. I would never recommend this place (I'm sorry it was just way to dirty). Please DO NOT STAY THERE WITH CHILDREN.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hny4jc
Daryl N, General Manager at Patricia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear hny4jc,
Thank you for your recognition of our front desk staff. Taking the time to provide tour recommendations, local bus info and sight-seeing tips to each and every guest can be difficult this time of year when the hotel is so busy, therefore we appreciate it when guests notice their effort! We are regularly recognized for offering clean and comfortable accommodation so your comments to the contrary are of concern to us. As your comments about cleanliness are not in keeping with previous reviews, we would really appreciate it if you could contact us directly and let us know what specific issues you feel need to be addressed. This will help us assess the situation and make adjustments to our practices if necessary. Thank you.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Noor Din, the desk attendant, was incredibly helpful. On at least three occasions during our two-day stay, he spent considerable time answering questions, offering suggestions, and giving directions. He knows Vancouver and is a great asset for a reasonably-priced hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed in the Patricia hotel for three nights while visiting Vancouver for the first time. I had a great time over there!

I was traveling by myself so the room was perfect for me. I had a good internet service and the continental breakfast was more than great! The people at the front desk (and particularly Noor, who told me about the highlights of the city) were very friendly and helpful. And the prices per room were reasonable and Chinatown, Gusstown and downtown Vancouver are all within a very convenient walking distance (I barely used my car wile in Vancouver).

Even though the location was not great, you will feel secure to stay in the Patricia hotel since they have a a good security system and a security guard. When traveling around by foot, I would avoid Hastings street as much as possible and take the intersecting streets to get to downtown or to Gusstown. This way you will avoid running into the homeless people that everybody is so scared of... lol.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the west side. You will have a great view over downtown Vancouver.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo