Patricia Hotel
$375
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$344
$314
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$163
Hotels.com
$465
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspat's pubeast hastingslive jazzyogurtgas townhotel is greatfew blocksdowntown areanoorchinatownpatsbc
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I just wanted a bed to sleep in for the one night I was there.Don't need luxury but COME ON...is it too much to ask for at least CLEAN ? it was FILTHY, it smelled HORRIBLE. I looked out of the window and there was a lady sitting there smoking crack. Crack addicts openly smoking all down Hastings. Prostitutes with their Johns right outside the hotel. This is VERY colorful. If you want to write a book that includes this kind of scenery you are in the perfect place. The one star (wish I could've given zero stars) is for the front desk personnel. EXTREMELY helpful and patient. They are the light of this dump. I would never recommend this place (I'm sorry it was just way to dirty). Please DO NOT STAY THERE WITH CHILDREN.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hny4jc
Daryl N, General Manager at Patricia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear hny4jc,
Thank you for your recognition of our front desk staff. Taking the time to provide tour recommendations, local bus info and sight-seeing tips to each and every guest can be difficult this time of year when the hotel is so busy, therefore we appreciate it when guests notice their effort! We are regularly recognized for offering clean and comfortable accommodation so your comments to the contrary are of concern to us. As your comments about cleanliness are not in keeping with previous reviews, we would really appreciate it if you could contact us directly and let us know what specific issues you feel need to be addressed. This will help us assess the situation and make adjustments to our practices if necessary. Thank you.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Noor Din, the desk attendant, was incredibly helpful. On at least three occasions during our two-day stay, he spent considerable time answering questions, offering suggestions, and giving directions. He knows Vancouver and is a great asset for a reasonably-priced hotel.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed in the Patricia hotel for three nights while visiting Vancouver for the first time. I had a great time over there!

I was traveling by myself so the room was perfect for me. I had a good internet service and the continental breakfast was more than great! The people at the front desk (and particularly Noor, who told me about the highlights of the city) were very friendly and helpful. And the prices per room were reasonable and Chinatown, Gusstown and downtown Vancouver are all within a very convenient walking distance (I barely used my car wile in Vancouver).

Even though the location was not great, you will feel secure to stay in the Patricia hotel since they have a a good security system and a security guard. When traveling around by foot, I would avoid Hastings street as much as possible and take the intersecting streets to get to downtown or to Gusstown. This way you will avoid running into the homeless people that everybody is so scared of... lol.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the west side. You will have a great view over downtown Vancouver.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Against my better judgement, my fiance booked this badly reviewed hotel in Vancouver for one night. He looks at ALL the ratings and reviews. I must say, now I believe he's right to do this, as you get a much better idea of what the hotel is really like (I always ask for a 3-star minimum rating overall).

The hotel itself, while a bit old, is basic and comfortable. However, the customer service from all the desk staff was absolutely above and beyond what we would usually get in any hotel, even those with a 5-star rating. First of all, I had a bad cold. I needed medication so asked the front desk for suggestions on where to go. We had no car so would either need to take a bus or walk. He made two recommendations for drug stores in the area, one a few blocks away. We went to our room to get settled and came back to leave for the drugstore. He called to us as we were walking out the door. While we were getting ready to leave, he had telephoned both stores and discovered the store we were walking to closed early that night. (Wow, who does this?) He then gave us a map to show how to get there on the bus. In addition, the airline lost our luggage and our cell phones didn't work. He allowed us to use one of the lines at the front desk several times over two days to phone the airlines. Even though we were on the line for several minutes with all of our calls to the airline, there were no sour faces and nothing but an outpouring of hospitality (including helping us find stores where we might buy clothes before leaving on the cruise we had scheduled). The downside: This is one of the most "seedy" areas I've seen. The streets approaching the hotel are lined with "druggies" and prostitutes. Out of our bedroom on the 3rd floor, we could see 3 prostitutes on the corner! Interestingly, Patricia is on the outer border of this area, but, unfortunately, it still is effected by their surroundings. The desk personnel said "they" never bother us. Although we would not want to do this again, we took a walk in the area on the way to a clothing store and were not bothered. So, if all your looking for is cheap place to spend the night that is comfortable and with excellent customer service, Patricia Hotel is excellent.

Room Tip: Small, European breakfast included. Also, a bar and restaurant downstairs.
1  Thank ladyG2
Reviewed July 30, 2013

First of all I must say I became very frustrated reading negative reviews of this hotel. I do not understand how people can expect to pay dirt cheap rates and expect to stay in a first rate hotel. By all means, please, pay more and stay in a place that you can have complaint zero about. My husband and I had a BLAST sitting in the pub watching the street people outside. Wayyyy more entertaining that sitting in some fancy shmancy high falutin bar with some boring hipster doofuses . A little local color is good for the soul. May I also mention the LOCATION-within walking distance to Rogers Arena and the Rush concert and a charming pizzeria complete with board games! Wine and Scrabble-you can't beat it! The front desk... you are not going to find this kind of charm at your local Hilton. Noor spent probably 20 minutes with us mapping out the can't miss spots and even ran us down on the way to our room to offer us an upgrade... Go ahead and pay double, triple the amount that the Budget Inn Patricia charges if that Is your style and that's cool; but if you are budget minded, adventuresome and open-minded, it's a can't miss! By the way the beds were super comfy!!!

1  Thank jacksfamily