“Absolutely Incredible”

Ranked #75 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Absolutely Incredible”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Patricia Hotel knows what it values. They provide the best possible rooms and service for an incredibly low price.

My girlfriend and I came up to Vancouver for a weekend getaway and ended up paying less for the whole stay here than we would have paid for just one night anywhere else in the city. We saved a tremendous amount of money and were able to explore the city much more because of it.

The service was also unmatched. Our first night there, an older gentleman (whose name I didn't catch but was something Tanazanian) gave us a complete guide to the surrounding area and let us know what was and wasn't worth checking out. Such friendly service is not the kind of thing I'm used to.

My girlfriend and I had a great time here and will definitely stay at this hotel next time we're in Vancouver...you should too!

Room Tip: The "Budget Room" option is a much better value than the "Standard Room" and doe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Robert T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Korean first
Vacaville, California
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed here two nights, for a BC trade show at the Convention center. I was able to catch a pretty direct bus to the Convention, right out front. The hotel staff was super nice, and helpful. The rooms were large, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Compared to the higher price hotels in Vancouver, I was very pleased with this stay. The neighborhood is not the best, but I didn't wander there. They have (in & out) parking right next to the hotel for $6. I recommend this hotel for you budget travelers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank sunnyc88
Reviewed April 6, 2013

If you are looking for a luxury hotel with all the amenities in a good location then don't stay here. But if you are looking for a low cost, clean, well maintained small hotel, with friendly and courteous staff then this is a hotel you should consider. The Patricia is almost 100 years old on the edge of one of the poorest neighborhoods in North America. However, I never felt unsafe and I was not uncomfortable. Sure their were hookers plying their trade across the street but they were not a problem. The building was very quiet for a Friday night. I was on the fifth floor and I could not hear the bar. Maybe the first floor over the bar might be noisier. The lobby is spacious with lots of comfortable seating. I didn't eat in the bar (the only restaurant on site) but the menu had reasonable prices. The bed was not luxury but it was clean. As we're the rooms and bathroom. The bathroom is in a weird location but the front desk clerk explained that the original design of the hotel there were only communal bathrooms on each floor. Individual bathrooms were added later during a major upgrade in the 1980's. The hallways have a stale smoke smell but I could not smell it in my room. I would definitely stay in this hotel again. Well done Patricia Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Okanagandream
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've stayed at Patricia several time through the years, for an aggregate several months. For my money it represents the best value in town. Great staff and an effective home-from-home. Don't be afraid of the 'hood, though, for Vancouver's East Hastings' area is where every failure of Canada's way of life is on display. Ladies of the night are fairly thick on the ground, around there and drunks and drug addicts are up every alley. That said, I have walked and driven in and out of the Patricia at every hour of the day and night - on several trips, with my wife -- and have never in any way felt other than OK. Safe. And with Chinatown just around the corner? Good yummies are handy, too!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank brianallen
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The service was absolutely brilliant. All the staff were very friendly and bent over backwards to help you with queries no matter how small. Given the location it was refreshing to see such welcoming and smiling staff. In particular I would like to thank Noordin as he was there the night I flew in and tried to check in and there was a slight problem with my reservation as I had booked through another company. He was extremely patient, courteous, friendly and calm and even though I was sressed his calm composure and willingness to resolve my issue was a real source of comfort and relief as I weas extremely jetlagged. He did everything he possibly could to resolve my issue and in the end all was well and I weas able to check in and settle down. I will always remember his calm and professional approach and that sums up the attitude of the staff at Budget Inn Patricia Hotel. They made my stay there a relaxed and comfortable one and I am very grateful to you all for your courtesy and kindness you showed me. Thank you once again from the bottom of my heart!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street are best as they are sunny and make all the difference.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank FredaA605
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

helpfull and kind staff, clean room , not large but comfortable enough
cheapest place in Vancouver , when i come back i take this place again
the only point is the pour neighberhood , but if you dont mind poor people in the street, than
you have a excellent vieuw from the lobby
Peter from the Netherlands

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Piet-1805
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at this old hotel for two months while I looked for an apartment in Vancouver. This is my last night at the hotel.

My small room contains is a desk with a TV - lots of channels - on top of it, a double bed, a sink, a side table with a lamp, and a small but adequate bathroom with a shower and toilet. The temperature of the room has been too hot or too cold at times. The pub food is alright. The view from my window extends from my window over the parking lot past the docks to the mountains on the horizon.

This area is the Skid Row of Vancouver. It breaks my heart to see what goes on here, and it is depressing, but these unfortunate people never bothered me.

What did bother me is as follows.

One of my gripes is the hotel's WiFi. The hotel's WiFi bandwidth is seriously bogged down or bottlenecked by guests and tenants downloading movies and playing games online. I have waited entire days to get online to send just one email. Think you'll walk to the nearest coffee shop for WiFi? I couldn't get online there either because people were downloading playing games on its WiFi access.

Another gripe is the paper thin walls in combination with guests who don't realize this problem or who are inconsiderate. If you have a guest or guests in the room beside yours who slam their door, talk until dawn, engage in noisy headboard-banging sex, or open and close their drawers loudly, you will not get much sleep. I experienced all of these problems here during these past two months.

Although I asked the staff about clean, good restaurants nearby, they weren't forthcoming with any great suggestions. Today, my last day at the hotel, I overheard a staff member tell a new guest of a restaurant nearby so I went there and it was awesome.

I think the housekeeping staff - the gals who clean the rooms - are excellent.

If I hadn't lost so many nights of sleep due to noisy next door guests, if the WiFi access wasn't always so bogged down (I brought my own laptop), and if the staff was more forthcoming with information about decent restaurants, I would have given the hotel a better rating.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. It's better value than all of the more expensive hotels I stayed at in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Get a room with a gorgeous view on the top floor. Rooms near the back have slightly better WiFi rec...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo