“Great hotel in a great location”
Review of Blue Horizon Hotel

Blue Horizon Hotel
Ranked #20 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 3, 2014

Blue Horizon may be a tad hard to spot at first but it's there, trust me! You'll probably see the sign for their Abode restaurant first (which I had a chance to dine at - it's pretty solid food with a cool lounge or outdoor street patio...also, note that the hotel does not have room service).

The staff really seemed to go out of their way to help out with doors, luggage, elevators, checking in on me to make sure I had everything I needed and I was still alive (yes "for the safety of our guests, we will perform a room check between 4-5pm daily").

I love the fact that the shampoo and soap were in these big refillable containers and that the little bottles were only available upon request. I wish more hotels did this! And they have recycling - often hard to find in a hotel!

The location was great, right on Robson amidst the restaurants and shops, and a short walk to the harbour.

Can I mention the music in the lobby and elevators was really fun? There were a lot of 90s songs I hadn't heard in a while that made me smile...

Anyway the room was big and spacious with an awesome view and a balcony you could actually go out on! So the only beef I had really was the bed and the pillows. The bed was too hard and the pillows were too big and puffy for me. Which, you may be thinking, how does this lose them one whole "dot" in the rating system? Because really, the hotel is there for me to sleep. Everything else is gravy. And unfortunately, I didn't sleep well. My boyfriend didn't have a problem, but he's not the one writing the review. So 4 dots it is. Enjoy!

1  Thank SRA-2014
BlueHorizonVancouver, Front Office Manager at Blue Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Dear SRA-2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. We are excited to read about your many wonderful experiences.

Also glad you enjoyed our ABODE restaurant-my favorite is the maple glazed sockeye salmon from our summer salmon festival.

When you plan your next trip to Vancouver, please contact me as I would appreciate being able to customize your bedding options.

I look forward welcoming you back.

Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (2,678)

Reviewed September 3, 2014

We got a friendly greeting when arriving, and the staff led us to the elevator bank after a quick and efficient check-in. Our room (2 queen beds) had terrific views of downtown, with wrap-around windows occupying the entire wall. A patio door led to a private balcony with views on the field of condos marking downtown Vancouver. For a downtown mid-priced hotel, the room was spacious enough, the hotel's location is terrific, and we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear ipdaigle,

Thank you for taking the time to write such glowing review.

I am happy to hear you were very satisfied and found us well priced for what we have to offer, friendly staff, spacious room, beautiful views and terrific location.

We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed September 3, 2014

Stayed MANY times here never had a problem staff is good and there is lots to see and do close by.never have had trouble with parking or getting directions from the friendly staff I would recommend the Blue Horizon to all my friends

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear brad_e,

Thank you, I truly appreciate that you took the time to write your recommendation.

I am glad you found our great hotel with friendly staff and convenient locale.

We look forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 3, 2014

The Hotel is well located close to shops with easy walking to the waterfront. We boarded a hop on hop off bus at the door to see the attractions and although the full circle is a little long it was very convenient. The staff were very attentive and friendly and went out of their way to help. The rooms are very large, each being on a corner with balcony and nice views and with a small kitchenette. The restaurant was able to cater for a special order without any problems.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Rodn64,

I appreciate your wonderful review regarding your great stay. Glad you enjoyed our large corner rooms with nice views.

I am happy to read such good comments of our staff and the extra service they provided in our ABODE restaurant.

We are all looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Blue Horizon prior to our Alaska cruise! Perfect venue! Clean, classy with outstanding views-- we were on the 30th floor and had a panoramic view of Vancouver! Hotel is within walking distance of the subway from the airport and quick cab ride to Canada Place for the cruise ships. Rode bikes to Stanley Park and beyond and were able to catch shuttle bus to Capilano right outside the front door. Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with water view!

Dear Karen S,

Thank you for highly recommending us and writing your great review.

I am pleased to hear you found our location perfect, with outstanding views and close proximity to many different places.

Bikes have gained so much popularity, that we have teamed up with a reputable bike shop to provide guests with significant rental discounts. I enjoy biking the seawall and glad you enjoyed it too.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Great location in the heart of the city. Large ' spacious room with excellent views.You can walk anywhere in town in about a half hour, so don't bother buying a shuttle ticket (for 45 dollars). It will take you twice as long.There is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel that serves good food fast.Great time and good place.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a ocean view.
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This hotel is located in a busy street full of shops and restaurants, walking distance to Stanley Park and waterfront. Our room had a balcony, big windows with a great view. Good service, helpful nice people, both my thumbs up.

Room Tip: The building was once the highest one in Vancouver, however, you have to ask for rooms on higher flo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family