Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,921 results
All reviews downtown vancouver entertainment district underground parking homeless people king suite living room yale town within walking distance stay there again convenient location front desk staff great room street noise bc place few blocks robson street stanley park
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

My husband and I traveled to Vancouver for a doctor’s appointment. The service, as always was excellent! We weren’t sure if we would have to stay an extra night due to the snowy weather conditions, but were confident that if we ended up stuck for an extra night, we would be accommodated and well cared for.

Room tip: Rooms facing the park are quieter than rooms facing Granville Street
Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chateaugranville, General Manager at Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conf. Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Shannon,
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conference Centre. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It brings me great satisfaction that our team delivered our hotel promise with excellent guest service. We will pass along your compliments to the front office manager and the team. I hope you reached your destination safely after the snowy conditions last week.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Vancouver.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I am a Diamond member with Best Western (30-49 nights/year). I don't want to sound pretentious but I expect a certain level of recognition and treatment when I stay at any Best Western due to my continued loyalty to the brand. I have to give this property two-stars for not living up to the Best Western standard.

They recently went through renovations to upgrade themselves from a Plus to a Premier. The new rooms look absolutely fantastic. They are very clean, and most rooms are arranged as a suite and have a balcony. The bathrooms are clean, decent but not powerful shower pressure, and no staining or smells.

The customer service however is garbage. When I checked in with my family, I was not recognized for my status. Normally as a Diamond member you are thanked, offered a free amenity (like free upgrade, free parking, free waters, etc.) and everyone in your party is offered to select from a basket of free snacks. I received none of that.

To top everything off, the front desk called me in the morning asking me to vacate the room one hour before the checkout time. As a loyalty member, they are supposed to give me extra time not less!

To summarize, if you are a frequent guest of Best Western avoid this property. If you are a normal traveler, the hotel is in great condition at the moment so use it while you can! If it wasn't for the new renovations, I would have gave them a one-star.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Chateaugranville, General Manager at Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conf. Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conference Centre. We appreciate your great comments about the recent upgrades to our guest rooms.

We regret to hear that we could not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We thank you for your loyalty with the brand and I must apologize on behalf of our team for not offering our usual level of service. Our team has been coached to ensure that all our loyal members are recognized especially diamond members. Unfortunately our team fell short in delivering this superior service. I have kept our front office manager informed and she will be mentoring the team on offering consistent personalized service for our distinguished members.
We appreciate you taking the time to write to us about your experience as it helps us to improve our guest experience.
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Vancouver so we can regain your confidence in our property.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to further discuss

Best regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Property was near shopping and restaurants. The staff was very nice and accommodating. It is a little dated. Check in was smooth.Pillows could have been more comfy but overall I would say this place was just fine for the price.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chateaugranville, General Manager at Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conf. Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Sandra,

It brings me great satisfaction that our team delivered our hotel promise with excellent guest service. Our Hotel is commended for its ideal location in the heart of downtown Vancouver, close to the city’s shopping, restaurant, attractions and public transit. It is great to hear you had the chance to explore our wonderful city.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

I enjoyed my stay here immensely. I was able to bring my dog, the staff are super friendly and professional, very informed and accommodating. The rooms are modern, clean and spacious. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Caroline,
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conference Centre. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated our spacious suites and all it's amenities. It brings me great satisfaction that our team delivered our hotel promise with excellent guest service.We always enjoy when our furry friends stay with us!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you and your dog on your next visit to Vancouver.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

The staff were very friendly and made the check-in very easy. I had tried the online check-in but had to do it over again. We were able to check-in early as we had an early show to go to, The room was clean and very spacious.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Terry,
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Premier Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conference Centre. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated our spacious suites and all it's amenities. It brings me great satisfaction that our team delivered our hotel promise with excellent guest service. We will pass along your compliments to the front office manager and the team.