We came to Vancouver to board a cruise and to connect with West Coast Swing Dancers.
I am a light sleeper and was given a quiet room on the backside away from the street. Mattress was firm but very comfortable, and room tastefully decorated and clean. Location of
hotel at corner of Granville and Helmcken, walkable to many restaurants, and to downtown. We also took one of many buses going up & down Granville to downtown & waterfront when tired of walking. 50cts for seniors. Our dance group stayed here and enjoyed the hotel & dancing at a studio 1 block away where top teachers give lessons at 1125 Howe St., above the Rhodes Wellness College, on 2nd floor. No sign for the studio. Log onto VanSwingThing.com for more info. A congenial, non-intimidating, well-run studio for good clean company & fun.
Walked to the lovely & popular Sala Thai Restaurant on Burrard for dinner, and to Joe Fortas for lunch - more expensive but also nice ambiance & good food. Also 1 block away from Starbucks.
Some conference rooms where LSAT testing, etc. were being held. We felt it was a safe neighborhood to walk, despite the shop for skimpy clothing across the street. We used the ATM at the 7-11 a block north on Granville which does not have a sign for ATM. It is at back end of store. It felt safe & reliable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conference Centre has 118 spacious suites. Each suite comes with a private balcony where guests can enjoy the views of Vancouver's enchanting city lights. Guests also enjoy free Wi-Fi and a wide selection of digital and HD channels. You will have the pleasure of enjoying our onsite state-of-the -art fitness centre during your stay with us. The hotel has recently undergone several upgrades in all bedrooms. We are constantly upgrading the amenities we offer to our guests, as we continue to extend excellent hospitality! The Hotel conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, puts guests' moments away from the city's best neighbourhoods including the trendy Yaletown district and the famous shopping on Robson Street. Located only 3 blocks from the Canada Line Subway system, it provides a quick, direct access to Vancouver's International Airport. Our conference centre has 5,500 square feet of state-of-the-art function space and 4 exceptional meeting rooms with audio visual, natural daylight and complimentary Wi-Fi. We work to reduce the emission of carbon by making environmental initiatives throughout the hotel every day! Being green has become a part of our key values. Our participation in various green programs has helped us to limit the impact on the environment. The Edge Social Grille & Lounge, adjoining the hotel offers a great variety of dining options from which to choose. Its luxurious ambiance is perfect for your next gathering and offers a refreshing environment to fit any frame of mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Chateau Granville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chateau Granville Hotel Vancouver
- Best Western Hotel Vancouver
- Best Western Vancouver
- Vancouver Best Western