“A Great Place to Recharge”
Review of Cassandra Hotel

Cassandra Hotel
Ranked #85 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Thank you for providing a quiet, clean & safe place to Relax and Recharge, as well as get some work done during a busy Holiday Season.

The Electronic FOB doors made me feel safe.

While the courtesy, service attitude and good procedures of the Cleaning Staff gave me a quiet and clean room that made me feel right at home.

In addition, the well equipped Exercise Room is a nice touch when the weather is Cloudy or Rainy Day.

Finally, you have some nice assortment of restaurants within walking distance.

I look forward to staying with you again in the Future.

Room Tip: Look for a Location with good Restaurants and Cultural sites close to the Hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Amin V
cassandrahotelvan, Guest Relations Manager at Cassandra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hello Amin V,

Thank you so much for your feedback! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us :)
Guest safety is our top priority at Cassandra Hotel. Only the lobby has public access, any of the hallways or the underground parking requires key card access. I am very happy to hear that you felt safe here!
Our housekeeping staff is quite amazing :) They work very hard and do their best to ensure you are comfortable during your stay with us.
Our exercise room is perfect for rainy days! It is centrally located within the hotel to allow easy access for all of our guests.
Our location is something that most of our guests are very pleased with. We are located quite close to both Joyce Skytrain Station (7 minute walk) and the major bus route 19 (2 minute walk). The Collingwood Community also features over 30 restaurants from 13 different countries!
Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Melody
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Cassandra Hotel

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The location
Cassandra spots on Kingsway, part of Vancouver's center. A 10-minute walk to the Skytrain and adjacent to millions of restaurants and convenience stores. Also within 2 stops skytrain distance of the Metro Town, VPL and hospital.
We like
It's a rare example of a top-class convenient hotel in a big city. Thoughtful touches make a difference – big, fluffy towels and toiletries, free broadband in rooms, complimentary use of the hotel's wheelchair, the friendly concierge. We also like the regularly updated program of discounts and HI Speed internet.
The Service
All the frontdesk are very friendly, nice and helpful. No matter What I asked for help, they will finally find a method and some tiips for me to help. GREAT and YOUNG People working in Cassandra.
The Rooms
900 in total, mostly spacious deluxe and executive rooms, but also nearly a dozen of the cheapest ''Classic'' room. These have baths and neutral colour schemes – but two have showers only. Don't expect views; rooms overlook the central covered courtyard so they are more about plush fabrics, flat-screen televisions and marble bathrooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Allen Pengfei W
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed there short notice with little option - staff was friendly but room carpet was definitely not clean and the bed was a bit saggy in the middle. The carpets were white - we now know the reason that most hotels have dark carpets as they were really stained. Cleanliness otherwise was okay but not fantastic and things were beginning to be a look a bit shabby. It was expensive relative to other hotels we could stay in had we had time to reserve and get a room. Okay in a pinch but wouldn't be my first choice had other hotels had room available.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RoosterTravels
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Upon arrival we had to leave our bags there and we told to not leave any valuables... Felt safe straight away! The towels are linen are the cheapest I've ever seen, the bathroom sink has no drain grate and is ready to swallow anything you may drop including the dodgy broken tap fittings, the bed has a steel spring exposed through the mattress making it hard to sleep. The heaters are from the 1950s and could never seem to be a comfortable temperature, the showers are the same in regards to temp fluctuation. The tiling has not been done by a professional, we were then accused of "banging in the walls" by next door room then told to move rooms and charged extra because it was an "upgrade" that night we heard terrible noises like a hammer drill went to reception and the said it was probably someone working upstairs (this was at 1am!) The billing was very unclear and the receptionists don't speak much English making it extremely frustrating and heated at times. Wifi was $8 a night for each device then the last night have us a weekly rate, after nearly spending $50 prior to that. (I could have got a monthly plan for that price through an isp). It is miles away from anything- food, malls, downtown. Overall I am disappointed wotif lead us here and even more so places like this actually exist and operate. I can sadly say it ruined my experience with Vancouver.

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank wtfs
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Desk staff was overworked and still working on language skills. Internet service was irregular and frequent shift of password made it unusable for business purposes. Even getting a cab was a stretch for staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was travelling in Vancouver this month. Vancouver was a really nice city in Canada. Fresh air, friendly people and beautiful views. Moreover, the days I stayed in Cassandra hotel was my wonderful experience. First, the reception was friendly and patient. I stayed in a sunny room with high speed wifi; when I left the hotel, I took convenience transportation to shopping mall; and those variety cuisine and delicious restaurants were the best place in my trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was a visitor who was traveling in Vancouver at the first time. During I staying in Cassandra Hotel, I found people were so enthusiasm. The gentleman in reception was so patient and the information he gave me was helpful to me. It is a very good experience to me and a wonderful trip in Vancouver.

• Stayed: August 2013