Best Western Plus Sands
$123
$120
  • Restaurant
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$240
$224
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$227
$321
Preferred Hotels
$294
$287
$272
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$281
$416
$225
$219
1,555 results
All reviewsstanley parkdavie streetbayside loungegreat locationenglish bay beachwest endsea wallan older hotelwould stay here againtop floorbus stoptim hortonsfront desk staffgranville islandhotel restaurantlots of restaurantsdowntown vancouver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Needed a place to stay for a night before leaving from Canada Place on an Alaskan cruise, also wanted to be close to family that I was visiting in downtown Vancouver. This was a fabulous location with ocean view and short walk to a lovely beach. Many interesting cafes, shops and restaurants all around us. Reasonably priced for this location in Vancouver. The room was well-appointed and surprisingly quiet considering that our room faced the busy street. Parking was an extra charge but it is a scarce commodity in downtown Vancouver. My only complaint was that the bathroom and the room in general was quite small. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robnoltra
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I hope you enjoyed your cruise and thank you for staying with us prior to that cruise. The area around the hotel has so much to offer and one of the best areas to stay in the city of Vancouver.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I think if you are okay with noise then you would probably rate it a 4 out of 5. The location is truly excellent, a short walk to the gorgeous Stanley Park and good shopping, and having (paid) parking available for those car day trips is fantastic. Staff are very helpful - including when you lock your keys into one of your bags.

I was upgraded to a lovely room where you could see the bay and sunset while on the private balcony. Tasteful decor, spacious clean rooms, good bed. It isn't one of those slick hotels, where everything is brand new, but I don't find that particularly welcoming.

My biggest problem was that I did not sleep at all well there because of the noise factor, and I think this is not just because it is on a busy road, but because it is an older hotel where the noise of the airconditioning system travels easily through the walls, as does the drink/snack machine if you have a room that happens to be near this, and the fridges in rooms (which are great to have). These create what I found to be a rather loud and constant humming, which was even more obvious at night when trying to sleep.

I had first thought the sound was from the major street, with the electricity lines for the buses, so I asked to be moved to a quieter room overlooking the back lane. Management was extremely helpful and found me a room next level down (unfortunately the previous occupants had been smoking in it, but that is another story). This is when I discovered that it wasn't just the street/electricity cables, but the hotel itself. Ear plugs and blankets around the fridge did not stop the noise.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the lifts and drink/food machines. Be prepared for extra noise from the aircon , and street if you are on the main street side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank to513
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for the review and I am truly sorry you were unable to sleep with ambient noise around the hotel.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were impressed by this hotel, especially the excellent guest services. The location is also great - only steps away from Stanley park, and there is a great bike rental shop right across the street from the hotel. It is also not too far to walk to the downtown. I will be definitely coming back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Natalia D
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to send in your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I enjoyed this hotel. The beds were the softest beds I slept on in Vancouver, and that includes a stay at a four-star hotel! One downside - check-in isn't until 4, and staff seem to follow that rule strictly. But rooms were clean and the lobby was nice. Oh also - the elevator shakes. You'll understand when you get there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aesojka

Thank you for sending in the review of the hotel. Our check in time is scheduled for 4pm as our check out time is not till 1200 noon. We would have to move the check out time to 11am in order to move the check in time to 3pm. The housekeeping staff work very hard to turn the rooms around by they also need time on their side. I do hope you understand the situation we are in.
Many thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

was in a good area lots to do.only steps to a beautiful beach.access to stanley park.bus service. Excellent service.good parking.Room was very fresh smelling.gorgeous view from balcony overlooking English bay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and we are all pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the local area. While the view is gorgeous it is only a partial view and not full ocean view. Many thanks again for the review.