“Another great week!”

Ranked #47 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Toronto
“Another great week!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed a week at this hotel and really enjoyed it. I generally don't spend much time in my hotel room as I like being outside but one day I walked all around Stanley Park and the next day I walked to and from Vanier Park so by night time, I was exhausted. I decided to just enjoy my dinner inside the hotel room. The thing that really impressed me was the number of TV stations, I am a sports geek and to get TSN and TSN2 was terrific. The bed was comfortable and the view of the mountains is nice. I really wish I could have left the window open because it was a bit warm but without a screen on the window I didn't want to risk it.

Staff was very friendly and they helped me navigate my way around, both by bus and on foot.

There are so many restaurants in the area. From Tim Horton's right across the street for an early breakfast (jet lag meant I stayed on Eastern time) to an Indian restaurant right next door, a Greek/Persian restaurant around the corner, Bulgarian restaurant across from there and pubs here and there, I have absolutely no complaints and will be back next time I'm in Vancouver.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for a room overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We have just recently changed over our in room TV's boxes and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the wide selection. I can see what you are saying about the screens. I am also from back east and it took me awhile to get used to no screens, but I can honestly say that there is no issue. We don't seem to have the need here on the coast. I do hope we will see you again soon and thank you for sending in your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Regina
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Not a luxury property but the location can't be beat. The West End has great shops and restaurants and of course, the beach a block away. The room was spacious and clean. The only thing that looks or feels old is the elevator but it works so it's really a non-issue. Another nice thing is transit - catch the bus right in front. It goes up and down Davie St so getting to the MRT/Skytrain is super easy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to send in a review of our property. The location is next to none and can't be beat. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Vernon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is one of my favourite Vancouver hotels for the budget conscious traveler. This property is located near the corner of Davie and Denman streets just off English Bay and therefore central to many of Vancouver's many attractions and famous restaurants. Although regular buses run from right outside the hotel to anywhere in Greater Vancouver, it is an easy and enjoyable walk along English Bay to the delightful little ferry tugs to Granville Island, B C Place and the theatre district or walk due west into Stanley Park or along Denman to the waterfront to either Stanley Park and the Vancouver Aquarium or the waterfront promenade to the Vancouver Convention Centre, the cruise ship terminal and all that the heart of downtown Vancouver shopping has to offer. The rooms are the upgraded standard you would expect from a Best Western and secure vehicle parking is offered. If you are looking for a central location to lay your head after a busy business or site seeing day, this property is good value.

Room Tip: I was successful on Priceline at getting a room at this property for a two night stay at $68 a night...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Linda P
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for the detailed review, I could not have described our hotel and area better myself. thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Lyndhurst
Reviewed May 28, 2013

the hotel isn't the newest in the city, so expect things to look a little bit dated and only a few floors have views, BUT the staff really do work hard to make the hotel a really great place to stay (and honestly who really spends time in their room when they are on holiday?!). It's spotlessly clean and tidy, any issues are quickly and politely resolved by front desk staff (who are great) and much to my relief (having just flown for 10 hrs with two kids under 5) the quiet room at the back I requested really is very quiet at 6pm and stays that way all night. The location is excellent - Tim Horton's opposite opens 5am - midnight, perfect for jet lag, but for the unadventurous McDonalds, Safeway and Starbucks are also within a block's walk. To keep the kids happy the facilities of 2nd Beach are a 10 min stroll away. I'll stay here the next time I'm in Vancouver, and look out for the mounted police sign in the parking lot (the parking charges are pretty reasonable too)!

Room Tip: Ask for what's important to you, the staff will do their best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we delivered everything you requested. The staff work very hard to make our property feel comfortable and inviting. Thank you for taking the time to send in this review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Nanaimo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent one night before going on a week long cruise. The location was great, close to English Bay, Stanley Park, and many restaurants. The staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, and I was allowed to leave my car there while we were away for the week, for a small fee. I would go back there in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and you found it convenient to leave your car with us. We do offer this service to our guest and we ask all cruise guest to call the hotel directly to reserve your spot as our lot is limited to extended car stays.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

clean rooms friendly staff from cleaning to front desk to management
I read several reviews before I booked this hotel and became a bit skeptical
however the location is great so chose to give it a try anyhow. Glad I did and
disappointed in some of the comments I read. They were very misleading.

Room Tip: any questions just email them they are quick to respond and will assist wherever they can
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we are all very pleased to receive such a kind review. We hope to see you again soon.