“A whole new side to Vancouver”

Vancouver Food Tour
Ranked #7 of 56 Food & Drink in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: The original Vancouver Food Tour guides locals and visitors to Vancouver's best restaurant gems. A passionate team of food and drink experts entertain guests on the delectable and informative tours. On our most popular Gastown Tasting Tour and Craft Beer Tour, enjoy hand-selected food and drink pairings at multiple restaurants in the historic neighbourhood. We take care of everything so just relax and enjoy the adventure. Our newest brewery tour, Your Vancouver Brewery Experience leads guests behind the doors of Molson Coors Canada, Western Canada’s largest and most recognized brewery. Guests will tour through the historic brewery's can filling and brewhouse operations, learn the science behind beer making, and enjoy a guided beer tasting. Our progressive dining menu focuses on local, seasonal, and sustainable fare, including BC wines, craft beers, cheeses and charcuterie, seafood, and much more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I met with a friend in Vancouver recently and we took the food tour while there for a couple of days. From the outset, Carlos (our tour guide) was welcoming and friendly. The tour had an eclectic mix of people on it and this added to the experience.

The venues that formed part of the tour, the food and the drink selection were all interesting and many would be difficult to find on a short stay in this great city.

Carlos had extensive knowledge of both the foods and beverages that formed part of the tour, including the processes involved in production, but he also knew a good deal about the historic Gastown area, a regular haunt for my wife and I when in Vancouver and thanks to Carlos, now being seen with a new set of eyes and a far more in-depth knowledge of the great dining experiences on offer there.

Our student friend, staying in the USA for the summer also really enjoyed herself and I think all three of us would happily do it again, not to mention recommend it as a great evening's entertainment for any lover of food, wine, beer, cocktail making or indeed amateur historian.

There are newer reviews for Vancouver Food Tour

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Originally saw that Vancouver Food Tour was ranked on Lonely Planet's "Top 10 Walking Tours for Globetrotting Foodies." It did not disappoint! Our guide, Dave Pearson, was warm and enthusiastic and I even learned about the history of Vancouver. The beer and food were tasty and the general ambiance made the whole event even better. I would definitely recommend this.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I did the gastown tasting tour with Cassandra early August. We went to 4 different restaurants and tasted a wide variety of food and drinks. The choice of restaurants was very nice - they were all really quite different so there was something for everyone. Explanations were crisp and Cassandra clearly had a passion for good food and drinks; she knew a lot about it! She also explained things about restaurants or bars that were along the way, which we didn't go to on the tour, but were worth remembering for another visit. This was very helpful.
I really enjoyed the tour and met some nice fellow-foodies, as well as some restaurants to remember for when next visiting vancouver.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time with Pola and a great group of tourists on last Friday's Food Tour of Gastown! Her knowledge of food and pairings was informative, and her warm/laid back approach to the tour was super fun!

Great people, great food, great city!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My friend and I had a great time on this tour. We both enjoyed how the beer was well paired with the food. Certainly a great tour for a foodie who likes beer! Heather is a great tour guide who shared many tips of food-beer pairing as well as some interesting things about the Gastown area and the establishments that we visited. I really do recommend this tour as a fun way to start the night.