“Brewing Dream Come True!”

Vancouver Food Tour
Ranked #6 of 55 Food & Drink in Vancouver
More attraction details
Owner description: The original Vancouver Food Tour guides locals and visitors to Vancouver's best restaurant gems. A passionate team of food and drink experts entertain guests on the delectable and informative tours. On our most popular Gastown Tasting Tour and Craft Beer Tour, enjoy hand-selected food and drink pairings at multiple restaurants in the historic neighbourhood. We take care of everything so just relax and enjoy the adventure. Our newest brewery tour, Your Vancouver Brewery Experience leads guests behind the doors of Molson Coors Canada, Western Canada’s largest and most recognized brewery. Guests will tour through the historic brewery's can filling and brewhouse operations, learn the science behind beer making, and enjoy a guided beer tasting. Our progressive dining menu focuses on local, seasonal, and sustainable fare, including BC wines, craft beers, cheeses and charcuterie, seafood, and much more.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brewing Dream Come True!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have always wanted to visit inside a local working brewery, and this one in particular! I was specifically curious to see if any vestiges of the original Sick's Capilano Brewery remained. I was not disappointed, as straight off the mark, we were led through a hallway of brewing history, featuring historical photos of the brewery (with the distinctive Capilano Weather Beacon atop) and the Molson brewing legacy (Molson Bank included!). At the end of the hall, the antique stainless steel "Egg" from 1953 is displayed, which was used to store yeast until 1971. Seeing the production line in person is like watching an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine; pretty mesmerizing! And of course, your reward for successfully completing the tour is a trip to the tasting room! Well done, start to finish! Thanks for making this happen, Vancouver Food Tour peeps!

• Indonesian first
Little Silver, New Jersey
“Gastown Tasting Tour”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just recently returned from a wonderful visit to Vancouver with my husband and with our free afternoon decided to take a tasting tour through historic Gastown. Our amazing guide Carlos met us promptly at 430pm at the designated meeting place and there the fun began! We knew right away it would be a great evening. Carlos took us to three hidden gems in Gastown and our 2 1/2 hour tour turned into four fun fIlled hours.... great food, drinks and conversation. I would highly recommend Vancouver Food Tours to anyone visiting this lovely city, and many thanks to Melody for making it happen and to Carlos for his professional and interesting companionship! We had a great time!

Visited September 2012
yvr
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“beer tour”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

90 min tour of Molsons in downtown vancouver BC.Not too often you can find a tour like this.
like tour of plant in everett you see the process in place from start to finish.

Vancouver, Canada
“Vancouver Food Tour at Gastown - Great Choice!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I highly recommend this tour! Our group from Hcareers was delighted with the choice of food and wine on the Vancouver Food Tour. We visited different dining places and tried appetizers and delicious snacks. We tried variety of artisanal cheeses, small-batch cured meats, fruits, honey and a dynamic array of wines, beers and sherries. There were great choices of food to try at each place. The wine and beer pairings were superb! We enjoyed the fun and casual atmosphere. Our guide Carlos was professional and helpful and with a great sense of humor. This tour exceeded our expectations and was lots of fun!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gastown Tasting Tour-iffic!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recommend this tour if you are in Vancouver for a short amount of time (as I was), especially if it is your first visit (as it was for me), and are interested in a sampling of a few of the great haunts that Gastown has to offer. It is unlikely that I would have found my way to these places on my own and would have needed much more time to do so. The locations we visited each offered a unique and tasty experience. I was pleased that the selections of small eats and drink offered were clearly the showcase items of each stop and very satisfying. I'm primarily a beer drinker, but my favorite was the classic cocktail stop! Delicious. Also, this tour is great if you are traveling solo, as you are instantly able to mingle with others on the tour and strangers turn into friends by the end of the evening. Our guide, Carlos, was a pleasure to follow and expertly offered advice about where we may like to go afterward to continue to enjoy the Gastown atmosphere.

Visited August 2012