“pouteeeene!”

Neighborhood: Davie Village
Vancouver, BC
“pouteeeene!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I am from Montreal and this place has one of the most decent poutine i've had on the west coast so far. the gravy and squeaky cheese are great and the portion are huge.

you can get all you can eat poutine for 25$$ i dare you to try!! i can barely finish a small one :P

• Visited June 2012

Lyon, France
“Poutine!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

If you have never had poutine, I highly recommend this place to be the first you try. Excellent service and the poutine was superb. The cheese curds were nice and squeaky. I don't recommend you order the most popular choice, the smoked meat if you are solo. We ordered a traditional and a smoked meat and found that the smoked meat poutine had A LOT of meat and took away from the fries and gravy flavour. It was still good but a bit much for our tastes. So get two and split them amongst yourselves.

Visited April 2012
Victoria, Canada
“decent food”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I enjoyed the poutine and hot dogs . It was a lot better than the one in Victoria and no short changed by an employee here. Stay away from the one in Victoria

• Visited January 2012
Vancouver, BC
“Delicious steamie and poutine”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

It's been awhile since I've enjoyed a steamie St Laurent style in Montreal, so La Belle Patate's version was a welcome treat. I would have preferred my dog to be that much more "steamed" so that its piping hot and really "bloated". But the toppings and cabbage slaw is what made it amazingly delicious. We wanted to buy some of the slaw but the owner explained that it's really only made for the hot dog and would taste different without.
The poutine (large size) was equally delicious. With house made fries cooked just right, cheese and a gravy to die for, this made for a nostalgic experience.
The restaurant itself is okay, and the service friendly.
We'll be returning for absolute certain! Wish you opened one up on the Main St. corridor. That's exactly what we need.

• Visited November 2011
Vancouver, Canada
“Likely the best in Vancouver”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

It's pretty good poutine, when I went the curds didn't squeak but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was just an "off" day.

Love that it only serves poutine; the gravy is AWESOME, the staff are really super friendly. I liked it quite a bit, but I'll have to search around more before I declare my loyalties.

• Visited November 2011