“Great accommodations in Vancouver”

Commercial Drive Accommodations
Toronto
“Great accommodations in Vancouver”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed at the Commercial Drive Accommodations for a week long business trip. This was a great way to feel like you are living in Vancouver. Commercial Drive is a fantastic retail strip of shops, restaurants, and interesting sights. All within walking distance. It was the perfect location.

The Commercial Drive Accommodations were clean and spacious. The kitchen was well equipped and I enjoyed making breakfast for myself each day. A very comfortable place to stay. Joanne was very helpful and responded to our needs right away.

Recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Toronto1975

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My fiance and I stayed in the Bijou apartment with one other couple for three nights and we really loved it. Spacious and clean with a great kitchen and outdoor seating area and excellent location. Just a five minute walk from the train with plenty of restaurants and grocery stores even closer than that. Joanne was very helpful and we felt right at home. Our only complaint was that the beds were not very comfortable (also if you are noise sensitive beware, there is lots of traffic noise around the clock). I'd highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently stayed in the basement apartment with 6 adults for 4 nights. Although I was happy with the stay overall (I did very thorough research before booking this apartment, so I know we couldn't have got anything else better for the price) I have to say that it did not quite meet my expectations from the photos. It felt quite cramped with 6 adults staying there (but might be ok for a family with kids). There were only 4 seats at the dinner table, plus a 2 seater couch and rocking chair in the open space lounge/dinning area, so it never really felt comfortable to have everyone in there at once. The ceilings were also very low - 3 in our party had to duck their heads to avoid hitting the ceiling everytime they went to the bathroom. It was also very stuffy in the apartment, but it was very hot when we stayed - maybe in winter it would feel cosy? Other than the compact size, the apartment had everything we needed for a short stay.

As for the location, it was fantastic to stroll down commercial drive and be able to get a variety of food till late at night. It was only a short walk to the skytrain station (or a short bus trip) to get into town. The owner was very helpful too, very quick to respond to emails when we were booking and she had prepared a folder of tourist information and maps with driving/transport details to get to local attractions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Another couple along with my husband and I spent three days in the Bijou Apartment on the main floor of the house. The place was very clean, fully stocked and the outdoor space was just perfect for enjoying the sunshine that graced our visit. We especially loved the location... so close to all the happenings on Commercial Drive. As we had a car the parking space provided behind the house was also a plus.
My only recommendations (and they are small things) would be 1) have a second mirror somewhere in the apartment as the only one was in the bathroom. As there were 4 of us, this made getting ready to head out a little cozy in the bathroom 2) the second bedroom could use a little more storage space for hanging clothes.
We will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BethDuffield
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I spent 13 days in this lovely loft and we could not have been happier. It is bright and clean with a great balcony. We also enjoyed the fact that the loft is mere steps away to Commercial Drive where we found far too much amazing food as well as shopping. It was also close to the Skytrain which made it convenient for travel downtown. My wife and I agree that we will try to book this palce again on our next trip to Vancity. We easily give this loft a A+ rating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at the Inukshuk apartment for one week and it was absolutely wonderful. The apartment was very, very spacious and beautifully decorated. It was very very clean and had absolutely everything you would need right at your fingertips. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the appropriate items you would need. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was also very comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated. It had a very large deck/patio which was great. The location was amazing as it is situated just off of Commercial Drive, which is a very hip area full of very cute little shops as well as many very good places to eat. There are also several markets/grocery stores nearby as well as a bank. It is a quick walk to the sky train which then takes only 7 minutes to get downtown. The owner is very nice and was very accommodating for the pick up and drop off of keys. She even brought some current magazines to review, when I checked in. I would absolutely recommend this location and will definitely stay there the next time I return to Vancouver. I have been to many places and this has to be one of the nicest places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra A
HouseOnDunbar, Owner at Commercial Drive Accommodations, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
It is so gratifying when my guests like my accommodations.
Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments.
Greatly appreciated.
Joanne
England/Samui
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in the top apartment - the Inukshuk Loft - for a four week stay in February/March. The apartment was beautiful inside and incredibly stylish. The whole apartment was clean and the owner was happy to meet my uncle and drop the keys off with him as we weren't arriving until late.

The apartment itself has one bedroom with a comfortable double bed, an open plan living room and kitchen, a nice sized bathroom with a modern shower and a nice sized decking area. Free wi-fi is available and also the basic TV channels on which we found plenty to watch during the evenings (my husband even found the British football matches on!)

The apartment is in a great location. There is a supermarket and bank just across the road and there are a variety of restaurants and cafes within walking distance. The sky train is a ten minute walk towards the end of the road and the apartment is also conveniently situated on bus routes.

All in all we had a great stay in the Commercial Drive Accommodations and would not hesitate to return in the future.

Room Tip: The Inukshuk Loft is the cheapest apartment however it is more than big enough for a couple.