“Outstanding dinner! Give it a try!”

Salmon n' Bannock Bistro
Ranked #6 of 3,994 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Native American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Description: We are Vancouver's only First Nations restaurant. We specialize in wild fish, free range game meat and of course bannock, freshly baked daily. We use traditional ingredients that we prepare and present in a modern way. In our small casual bistro everyone is welcome as they are. In the spirit of First Nations' traditions, our intention is to provide a gathering place where the focus is on the people and the food. Inez (Nuxalk Nation) and Remi Owners
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We read the great reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try this restaurant on our current visit to Vancouver. It was outstanding! The game sampler appetizer was terrific. My bison steak and my wife's salmon were both really tasty. The service is great and the hostess/owner (whose name I forget) is so welcoming you feel right at home. Have dinner here! You won't be disappointed!

2  Thank jspez

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Our dinner was absolutely delicious. You could tell how fresh and clean everything was. We had the butternut squash and elk soups, salmon with risotto, and rhubarb crumble. It was great to come from New York and try something totally different. Fantastic taste of the Pacific Northwest.

4  Thank QueenMab85
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of having dinner at Salmon n' Bannock while in Vancouver with my wife. We looked on Tripadvisor and saw that this restaurant was #1 so decided to give it a try. I just have to say that Inez is wonderful. She recommended Sage smoked salmon which was delicious. The game sampler was delicious with samples of muskox, elk and bison. I had the BBQ pulled Boar sandwich and it was amazing. My wife had the Bison strip loin which was also very good. The bannock bread pudding for dessert was a great finish. Thanks for a truly memorable dinner.

1  Thank Allan S
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The food served to us was very good with absolute fresh ingredients. The selection on the menu is very unique with game, fresh fish and bannock as a special kind of bread. I had pulled boar and it was perfect. The service is very friendly and fast.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Off the beaten track but well worth the visit! A friendly bistro with superbly creative and brilliantly executed Native American food, this is a great place to go.

We had sage smoked salmon and musk ox meatloaf starters - both very well done, the salmon particularly great - then bison steaks, one with mushrooms and wild rice and one with a prawn and cheese Oscar. Culinary heaven and the servings were massive enough we couldn't think about dessert!

Value good at 80CAD a head.

2  Thank Chris K