“True Native Indian food with a twist.”
Review of Salmon n' Bannock

Salmon n' Bannock
Ranked #7 of 3,912 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Native American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Description: We are Vancouver's only First Nations restaurant. We specialize in wild fish, free range game meat and of course bannock, freshly baked daily. We use traditional ingredients that we prepare and present in a modern way. In our small casual bistro everyone is welcome as they are. In the spirit of First Nations' traditions, our intention is to provide a gathering place where the focus is on the people and the food. Inez (Nuxalk Nation) and Remi Owners
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of having dinner at Salmon n' Bannock while in Vancouver with my wife. We looked on Tripadvisor and saw that this restaurant was #1 so decided to give it a try. I just have to say that Inez is wonderful. She recommended Sage smoked salmon which was delicious. The game sampler was delicious with samples of muskox, elk and bison. I had the BBQ pulled Boar sandwich and it was amazing. My wife had the Bison strip loin which was also very good. The bannock bread pudding for dessert was a great finish. Thanks for a truly memorable dinner.

1  Thank Allan S

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The food served to us was very good with absolute fresh ingredients. The selection on the menu is very unique with game, fresh fish and bannock as a special kind of bread. I had pulled boar and it was perfect. The service is very friendly and fast.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Off the beaten track but well worth the visit! A friendly bistro with superbly creative and brilliantly executed Native American food, this is a great place to go.

We had sage smoked salmon and musk ox meatloaf starters - both very well done, the salmon particularly great - then bison steaks, one with mushrooms and wild rice and one with a prawn and cheese Oscar. Culinary heaven and the servings were massive enough we couldn't think about dessert!

Value good at 80CAD a head.

2  Thank Chris K
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Oh, my goodness!!
I almost ate too fast!
This small restaurant (30 seats, max) is British Columbia from the first peoples' perspective. Bison or Salmon, you cannot go wrong! Signature appetizer is sockeye smoked over sage, and should not be missed. Reservations a great idea. This one is coming up so fast on the TripAdvisor radar that you will need to give the address to the cabbie. Do not miss the wine selections from the first peoples' winery. I really enjoyed the cab/merlot blend, which went very well with the salmon. If you leave without knowing (in the culinary sense) what a Bannock is, you will be required to return before writing your next review! Enjoy, and THANK YOU, TripAdvisor!

2  Thank Walter B V
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I travel to Vancouver often and have had this restaurant in my plans for over a year. Tonight I had the pleasure of eating there. From the minute I walked in the restaurant and smelled the sage they were smoking the salmon with, I knew I had made a great choice. I started with the Sage smoked sockeye and had the fish of the day, which was Halilbut with a wonderful sauce, roasted potatoes, squash and cauliflower. Just PERFECT! Bannock was served with the meal, and I am saving that for breakfast. True to their First Nations origins, their wines are from the excellent Nk'mip winery owned by Osoyoos First Nation. If you are staying at one of the hotels in downtown Vancouver this restaurant is more than worth taking the drive across to West Broadway for an unforgettable meal! I will definitely be back!

5  Thank Aceone