“What a great place to eat!”
Review of Salmon n' Bannock

Salmon n' Bannock
Ranked #5 of 3,778 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Native American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Description: We are Vancouver's only First Nations restaurant. We specialize in wild fish, free range game meat and of course bannock, freshly baked daily. We use traditional ingredients that we prepare and present in a modern way. In our small casual bistro everyone is welcome as they are. In the spirit of First Nations' traditions, our intention is to provide a gathering place where the focus is on the people and the food. Inez (Nuxalk Nation) and Remi Owners
Penticton, Canada
“What a great place to eat!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were happy to see a thriving Indigenous restaurant in Vancouver! The food was amazing, the service was great, and the menu was had so many unique choices. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Carrie T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Succulent Cuisine in a Relaxed Setting..Vancouver's Finest, by Far!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I've celebrated a number of significant events at Salmon n' Bannock among family and friends and have consistently been met with warm hospitality and mouth watering cuisine! Inez and Remi are wonderful hosts and have a flare for making their customers feel special.:-) The ambiance of this unique meeting place is both relaxed and romantic, making every dining experience a memorable one.:-)
Some of my personal favorites include the Bison Strip Loin, the Wild Sockeye Salmon and the Salmon Sampler Platter. I love how their menu is so varied, creative and accommodates gluten intolerant patrons like myself. I look forward to my next fine dining experience that is sure to please!:-)

1 Thank paltafuerte
Pitt Meadows, Canada
“Very Authentic”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Very different menu items,definitely not your usual fare. but really good food nicely prepared and very friendly staff. I will definitely be back

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Roger R
Vancouver,B.C.
“Bison and Salmon were excellent”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We ate out here a week ago. I have never tasted Bison so the meal was a real delight. I will return soon.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank timlikesun
West Vancouver, Canada
“Mouth watering”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I started coming to salmon n bannock a year ago. The first time I tried the deer stew and wild rice, being of an Ojibway heritage. I was thrilled to find home comfort foods in an urban setting,since then I've been back several times and I realize EVERYTIME I try something new there,It becomes my new favorite. I was obsessed with the wild boar burger inbannock,then absolutely loved the traditional west coast salmon soup.. Finally decided on trying some new menu items this time,I tried the wild mushroom and Brie on bannock,the crispy kale salad as well as the bison strip lion. Every single bite made my mouth water,I was so full and I knew I couldn't possibly finish everything. Even though I tried,I even thought of myself as a seagull where you eat yourself to death,luckily that didn't happen and I cam share my experience with you. This is my favorite restaurant,their ever changing menu always surprising. The food is delicious the service is amazing and the ambiance is warm and comforting. I can't express enough how much I love this restaurant. It is a must try!!!

2 Thank Georgiepeorgi