“Perfect pre-cruise choice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Bee & Thistle Guest House
Ranked #6 of 54 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Perfect pre-cruise choice”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Based on the wonderful TA reviews, we made reservations for two nights pre-cruise. Outstanding decision! The breakfasts were superb, including the options for my wife who is gluten-free. There were three couples staying there, and all of us were taking pictures of the breakfast! We stayed in the Ivy room with a great view of Vancouver from the bay window. Michael and Lynn were delightful hosts and gave us good pointers for what to see and where to go, including how to save a few $$ on bike rentals for Stanley Park. We were able to park on the street right in front of the house, and it was also an easy walk to Commercial Street with dozens of restaurants. It couldn't have been better!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 6 nights and we are so glad we chose the Commercial Drive area over Downtown. Lynn and Michael were very friendly and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Lynn's breakfasts are legendary and when we had to leave early on a couple of mornings to catch tours, they were happy to leave a substantial continental breakfast in our fridge the night before. The room was delightful - bright, airy and very clean - and the bed was comfy. The ensuite was a good size and the shower was hot and strong. The Commercial Drive area is excellent for drinking and dining options. We went to a different restaurant every night and the food was always very good and reasonably priced. The area is not "touristy" so we were treated like locals, which makes a welcome change when travelling. It's easy to get to downtown via bus, skytrain or a $12 cab ride. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle at night and stroll the streets of a lovely neighbourhood.

Room Tip: We stayed in Ivy's room at the front of the house on the 2nd floor. It was roomy enough for long...
Lagos, Portugal
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Bee & Thistle is about as perfect as a B&B can get. Lynn & Michael truly make you feel welcome and offer so many tips to get the most out of your stay. Our room, Molly's, was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. The breakfasts are superb and really offer something different, they are so filling we didn't need to eat for the rest of the day. We enjoyed staying near Commercial Drive, it's vibrant with a wide choice of restaurants and fairly easy to get into Vancouver centre using public transport. We will look forward to our return in a few weeks.

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Located in a quiet residential part of East Vancouver, this B&B, run by Lynn & Michael is a perfect place to relax and yet experience all that Vancouver has to offer. The B&B is within walking distance of Commercial Ave, (The Drive) with an abundance of bars and restaurants.
Breakfast at the Bee & Thistle is an elegant and delicious experience. The house is surrounded by gardens and flowers are used predominately in the breakfast presentations. Accommodations are as perfect as the breakfasts. If you enjoy B&B's or have never stayed in one but thought about trying one, you must experience the Bee & Thistle Guest House. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is the second time my husband stayed at the Bee & Thistle. He enjoyed it so much that we returned to celebrate our anniversary. I am so glad we did. It was delightful. The room was so lovely, bed so comfortable, and the gift of wine so very much enjoyed on the balcony. Absolutely a Five star B&B!

1 Thank GlynisandDavid
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Of all the b&b's we have visited this is the first to check every single box with 5+ stars. Many get most areas but lack in others. The service was personal and very friendly, including free drop off if they are available. The rooms were immaculately clean, up to date and well equipped. The food was beyond our expectations and tailored to your foods allergies and needs. Can't give them enough praise!!! I would return and even pay more to stay here. I have paid more at other good places, but they were nothing compared to the Bee and Thistle!

• Stayed June 2013
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I wanted to celebrate my wedding anniversary in Vancouver and was looking for a best place to celebrate without feeling away from home.

After doing lot of research on hotels and B&B's in Vancouver, I was convinced to stay at Bee and Thistle.

I had lot of expectations before landing there and guest house beat my expectations.

Lynn and Micheal are very friendly. Lynn was very kind to accept my request to buy a cake for me on my wedding anniversary to surprise my wife.

Lynn upgraded my room to a larger room for no additional cost after she came to know that we are going to celebrate our wedding anniversary, that tells the loving nature of sweet couple (Lynn and Micheal).

We enjoyed the night sleep and the next day we got up to have the breakfast and I cannot tell how tasty the breakfast was. That's the best breakfast that I can ever imagine.

Lynn and Micheal were so helpful in providing the full list of places to see in and around Vancouver. we even got the color printouts of the places to see with google maps.

After coming back to the guest house in the evening, we were surprised to see a wine bottle in our room and some cookies. This was my best wedding anniversary celebration after my home.

I would highly recommend this place who are looking for some lovely place to stay.

Thank you Lynn and Michael.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple