See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 27, 2017

The building is very old and unique - I liked that. Our bedroom was great it had everything we needed and the beds were really comfortable. Clean sheets bedding and towels.
Very much a look after yourself establishment but for us that was fine. There were other residents there when we stayed and they did make a mess in the kitchen but the managers did quickly resolve this issue.
The building is beautiful and a stunning garden to sit and while away a few hours in the sun.
I dont think the owners mind you calling it Fawlty Towers but for us it was a great place to stay - good for the bus and nice laces to eat nearby and we did laugh from the minute we arrived to the minute we left.
You cannot have a better review than that!!!
We will be going back xx

Room Tip: We had a room with a large balcony which was amazing - take your own toiletries and remember 'you get what you pay for'
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SueM3589
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Toilets wer not working, one of them leaking directly above the dining table. Cleaner is an octogenarian woman that can barely move, less alone clean.Since everything is dirty, management blames guests for mess. Lumpy mattresses. If you are looking for cheap accommodation, I suggest better going to and get a room in one of those hotels in East Hastings, at least the junkies won't be as rude

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rodrigo Muñoz N
Reviewed November 10, 2016

I stayed in the place for a month in October 2016. I had read quite a few negative comments about the place before arriving there, but when I arrived, I realized that those people who had written the negative comments seemed to expect a 5-star hotel service for this price.
Yes, the building is quite old (I liked it!). Yes, it is empty at times (but is that really bad?). Yes, nobody welcomes you when you arrive (but you receive a lovely message in the post box with all instructions on what to do). Etc. etc. etc
Overall, I enjoyed staying there for several reasons: fantastic location in a very green part of the city; quite reasonable price; helpful and supportive staff (if you see them :)); stylish building (trust the pictures!); good transit connections to different city places (bus 17 stop is about 100 m from the building, a skytrain station is at a walking distance).
If you really want to find something negative, you will certainly succeed. But again: just manage your expectations, and everything will be fine!

Room Tip: the building is not accessible for disabled people
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Locked out on arrival. The stench of mould/cat urine permeates all. The floors were absolutely filthy. Creepy, alone, no staff or other guests. Room cost is not as advertised. Final word - disgusting.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank CQ9605
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

First night nobody around, just us as guests. Second night had to call for new towels as rooms were not serviced. Emergency exit blocked by vacuum cleaner. Then they also added 13% tax to the room rate, that is not correct. If you can find something else please fo and avoid a stay at this weird place.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family