“a place of serenity”

Ranked #221 of 239 Coffee & Tea in Vancouver
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My girlfriend & I spent a couple of hours of pure bliss just sipping tea and eating delicious petite sandwiches & cakes. The service was attentive and not once did I feel like I was being pushed out of the door. The atmosphere was quiet, comfortable and you felt totally at home. It was a nice way to finish up the day after shopping.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

It was ok. My partner wanted to do it. $35 each for tea and little sandwiches was steep. The scones and cream were quite good and eclairs were wonderful. Rest was just ok. Decaf tea options - other than herbal - would have been nice.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Scones and brie croissant - excellent! Tea - excellent. Setting and comfy couches excellent. Other savory items - neah. Other sweet items - okay. Service slow and not really good at all, we had a few servers.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

If you enjoy afternoon tea, the Tea at the Castle won't disappoint. We've been here several times and their service is consistent. I'm glad they finally put the prices of the champagne on the menu. The previous visit, we were rather surprised that the 3 flutes of champagne were $28 each. This time they have a menu and you have the option and a price range to choose from.

Be aware that they automatically add the gratuity to your bill.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

We came for a coffee and some desert and it had to be the worst experience I have ever had for the pricing they are putting forth.

First of all, the server was bored out of her mind with zero personality.

The food was so bad we ended up sending it back. The coffee was weak and it was just a waste of an hour.

Don't come here.