“Worst Filipino Restaurant”

Neighborhood: Little India / Punjabi Market
Vancouver, Canada
“Worst Filipino Restaurant”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My family and I have been going here for a few years, ever since it opened. We continued to go here because of the authentic food and affordable price. However, over the last few times I've gone to this restaurant, their level of customer service seems to be contiously deteriorating. Today was the worst experience we've ever had and my family and I have decided to forever boycott this restaurant.

We came in to place an order to go and sat down at one of their tables because we needed to look at the menu first. First off, their servers barely know anything about the menu. When you aask them a question about a certain product, they usually give you vague answers. Also, some menu prices are determined only after the food is made. For example, if you order a medium crispy pata, you will not know whether or not you get the medium because you will be told what size it is and how much it is after they have cooked it.

To add to the painful experience, after we had finished ordering, the server said to us rudely, "there's a waiting area over there." I can understand if the restaurant is busy and we were taking up room for potential customers. However, there were only two tables being used in the whole restaurant and there were only about 8 customers in total. I did not understand why the had to force us to move to their "waiting area" which is outside the door. Furthermore, their excuse was "it's our rules." For someone who has worked in the customer service industry for many years, I know that if the customer wanted to sit down even for a little bit while waiting for their order, there is usually no problem.

In other occasions, the servers have spilled water on me and barely even noticed, they never smile or seem to want to provide any sort of customer service, and make you feel like you're a nuisance there. Other times, they placed my order incorrectly and have done nothing more than provide the minimum service. Even when you speak to the Manager, there's "usually nothing they can do because it's how it is/their rules."

Overall, the service at this restaurant continues to disappoint me, my family, and friends. It's unfortunate because we used to enjoy coming here for the food. It's come to the point where we can't even try to enjoy the food anymore, without something going wrong.

This is one of the worst restaurants I've been to with their lack of customer service and disregard for customers.
This is the worst Filipino Restuarant I've been to and we will never come back.

• Visited July 2011
71 Thank kameeeeel

Vancouver, Canada
“VERY POOR SERVICE and VERY RUDE OWNER AND SERVICE”
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I was there three years ago it was the same old poor service they have as my previous visit. The moment you arrived they will ask you if your party is complete then if not they ask you get out of the room and wait outside. ( It is good if they have monitor you all the time and the aswer is BIG NO and they have extra staff just some restaurant if they do this they should have the an extra staff that monitor and write those people that comes first BUT BIG NO). First, they never gave me a pitcher for my water. I have to ask for over and over for my water from the waiters. Until , I have to make a gesture all the way up to back and stand pointing to my empty glass of water. I talks to the manager if they have means that they could serve the customer for better service. I point it out the problem sending the customer outside. I point it out just like in other restaurant. But , you know what he told " WELL ,I HAVE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS" Isn`t if you have in the business for so long then you must also take in consideration for your customer because nad you talke some suggestions and comment from customer and besides the customer is the reason why is your business still running. NOT making an excuse that I have been in the business for so long. All filipino restaurant have a commnet nad suggestion cards to improve the service and if customer have comments and suggestion take it as complement customer are helping in the business. The OWNER IS SO RUDE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANY BODY. My friend who with me me is the witness when the conversation occur on July 21, 2010 at Lunch time

25 Thank 2Missladies
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Always come here and order to go when I'm too lazy to cook for my daughter and myself. :) Their patatim /sinigang...”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Always come here and order to go when I'm too lazy to cook for my daughter and myself. :) Their patatim /sinigang dishes are good. Too bad, they don't have bulalo.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook