“Great service throughout stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Regis Hotel

St. Regis Hotel
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Inverloch, Australia
“Great service throughout stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

From time of arrival to departure staff are attentive and assist with travel directions, attractions etc. Free breakfast is adequate and well presented. Rooms large with good lightning from large windows.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

My stay at St. Regis was awesome. Staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. On-site pub and restaurant was excellent. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was anything but continental. Excellent choices and delicious food. Starbucks connected to the hotel and Gotham Steakhouse close by were great as well. Also - the hotel gives free passes to the Steve Nash Fitness Club right around the corner. Everything is well-done at this hotel and now that I have been here I would not stay anywhere else in Vancouver.

You will not be disappointed. Best hotel I have stayed at in the last 5 years.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Dear Jeremy:

I would like to thank the team at St Regis Hotel Vancouver for the excellent service that they have provided during my stay on March 21 – March 27.

You have a great team there. They are very attentive and into details. My requests and inquiries are always responded promptly. I would like to especially thank Gary for all his helps that made my stay a pleasant experience. I would also like to thank the hotel for taking care of my pearl earrings and necklace that I left behind upon check out. I got the jewellery safe and sound.

Again, I am very satisfied with the service at your hotel and will recommend your hotel to my network if they ever go to Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've been trying to frame this review for a while now, because the St. Regis is better than average, but not quite very good. The hotel is a lovely property in many ways, but it just doesn't quite match the expectations of a 'boutique hotel'. On the positive side, the rooms are lovely - immaculately clean, well laid out, and with a number of good amenities. My room only had a shower, but this is to be expected in a smaller room, in an older property. The bed was extremely comfortable and the little touches like an iPhone dock were appreciated. That said, and many other reviews confirm this, the WIFI is horrendous! The secured room WIFI was essentially non-functional and the open guest link spotty at best. I ended up getting an ethernet cable from the front desk, but that wouldn't have helped if I hadn't been travelling with my computer. The personal coffee maker/coffee seemed dated and made very weak coffee. On the up-side there is a Starbucks attached to the St Regis, so all good on the coffee front. The St Regis pub is also a great addition, with relatively inexpensive drinks (for the neighbourhood at least). The free passes to the Steve Nash Fitness Club around the corner were an excellent perk and the free breakfast was high quality and prepared fresh to order.

Now the not so positive. I arrived early on Sunday - fair enough the room wasn't ready and the reception staff did offer to hold my bag. But I definitely got the impression that I was inconveniencing them by even asking about a slightly early check-in. The same attitude prevailed on an off throughout the week I stayed. Some staff were fantastic, others seemed like I wasn't worthy of their time.

As others have noted, the rooms are noisy. The windows are new and double-paned, but the building is ~100 years old and it's not sound-proof in any way. Couple that with a borderline sketchy area of town and you'll be dealing with a good amount of noise all night - don't even think of trying to sleep with the window open. I've stayed downtown in Boston, Chicago, etc. and I don't think I've ever been aware of so much street/alley noise. On a related note, the smoke detector battery died at 1:30am in my room and the resulting reminder alarm was loud enough to wake me up and keep me awake until I called downstairs. The night manager was there with a new battery within minutes, but even he said it was a "stupid system" because it doesn't give them a warning that the batteries are low. I wondered why the alarms aren't just hardwired?

Overall, the location of the St Regis is ideal for access to all of the major downtown attractions. I'm just not sure I could recommend the hotel unless you are very noise tolerant.

Room Tip: I suspect rooms on away from both of the major streets are quieter, but everyone in our group of 10...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank turbot1966
STregisVancouver, General Manager at St. Regis Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to share your experiences at the St. Regis Hotel.

I would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received from our weekend front desk staff. We have removed the staff member in question from front desk duties.

We’re surprised to hear about your WiFi issues. Not only do we have routers throughout the hotel but each room also has a dedicated network so there are plenty of options to get connected. If you are able to let me know which room you stayed in, we will test the connectivity in that part of the hotel to see if more routers need to be added.

Vancouver does have a dense and vibrant downtown core and we know that the convenience of our central location comes with some extra street noise. We are always ready to make every effort to accommodate noise-sensitive guests in any way we can, from trying to move them away from rooms facing the street to delivering earplugs if they are requested.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your concerns further.

Jeremy Roncoroni,
General Manager, St. Regis Hotel
gm@stregishotel.com
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at the St Regis. From the moment we checked in the doorman remembered our names and greeted us personally every time we passed through the lobby - great customer service. The room was small (but it's a city hotel so I didn't expect any different) but clean, modern and beautifully decorated. And the bathroom was almost as big as the room - loved it! Breakfast was a treat - great food and very accommodating when we wanted it bagged for our second morning. Hotel parking is expensive but there's an Easypark 2 minutes walk away for $7 a night and $7 on Sat & Sun which we used. We've re-booked for our next trip to Van in October (we'd come back sooner but the prices started rocketing for the summer months!)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a few days near the end of April and thought it was great - in fact so great that I decided to write a review. It is in a fantastic location, ensuring quick and easy access to all of downtown, as well as being situated close to Granville station to allow access to the parts of Vancouver that are a little further afield.

The staff were friendly, always willing to help, and keen to ensure that we were enjoying our stay. When I next visit Vancouver, I will look to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

What a wonderful place to stay. It is right downtown. In walking distance to everything. The employees are so friendly and helpful. The shower is big enough to fit a whole family in it. The free made to order breakfast was way better than we expected. It is not really a place for family with young children. More fit for business and couples.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple