“Great stay, great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Regis Hotel

St. Regis Hotel
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Sydney, Australia
“Great stay, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in February and found the hotel to be everything we could have needed. Room was quite large with super comfy bed, all the essentials including safe plus some nice touches like robes and chocolates on pillows. Breakfast was amazing and also had room service and a meal in the bar area, all of which we thoroughly enjoyed. Staff were fantastic offering assistance with buses, trains and the free international phone calls is amazing.
Proximity to rail for airport was great and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanted to stay in downtown.

1 Thank carolg2510

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I arrived in Vancouver and I asked the taxi to take me to a hotel close to China town. He advised me that to ensure my safety he would take me to the St. Regis because hotels in China town would not be preferred for a woman traveling on her own.

As soon as I started my check in I became aware of the quality of the staff at the St. Regis. Nelson handled my booking and made me feel so welcome. The room pricing was reasonable and the hotel felt safe and inviting. After Nelson made my reservation he personally walked me up to my room to ensure I would be comfortable. He showed me how to work the coffee machine and did so with such a friendly and cheerful disposition. I was touched! He called me a cab and gave me very accurate direction to my destination.

In the morning when I inquired about leaving a message with the manager about the wonderful treatment I received the night before--> I met Ryan. He was kind, enthusiastic and eager about helping relay a message of how happy I was with Nelsons professionalism. Ryan went out his way to help his colleague and to assist me with Ferry details. I could tell he really cared about me putting in a good word for a man he so obviously admired.

It was not only Nelson, Ryan and the beautiful room that made my stay so amazing. It was everyone else I came into contact with. The two men who were working the continental breakfast were incredible. Fast, efficient and courteous. The breakfast was beyond my expectations of a free meal. The breakfast area (LL) was set up like a dining room and the meal was better then many places I have had to pay an arm and a leg for. The quality was not compromised in the least.

The cleaning staff were lovely. I was not rushed and the whole time I felt an incredible sense of value. I was a single person for one night and they made me feel like I was the only one in the joint. The overall care and attention to detail has left a lasting impression. The whole place felt like Hotel Vendome- a Danielle Steal novel. A place were people come back to again and again.

I will be recommending this hotel for a long time to come. Keep it up St. Regis- you have the human touch.

Sincere Regards,
Vanessa

Room Tip: I would recommend taking a walk around the location of the St. Regis- its a beautiful home base to h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We spent one night there, before our Ski trip to Whistler. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. They also explained everything for you. The hotel itself was SUPER CLEAN and new. I loved it when I entered. I loved the design and attention to details. It is located in downtown Vancouver, which makes it very convenient. There were two issues only with it. When I booked the hotel, I thought since it's a block away from Four Seasons and two blocks away from Fairmont, the location should be awesome. Unfortunately, that was not the case. At 8 or 9 pm, across the street, there were some homeless or maybe drug addict people wandering around. This made me hold my breath when I am passing the street, which is why I question the location. In addition, I was not very impressed with the breakfast. I would be willing to pay extra to have a buffet breakfast, so that I can choose what I eat and . The breakfast menu was set and neither myself nor my husband like the combination. Plus it was limited to ONE TEA or COFFEE! But in general it was not good

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
STregisVancouver, Owner at St. Regis Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Farnazii,

Thank you again for your review and sharing your experiences and comments regarding your hotel room, breakfast service, and location of the St. Regis Hotel.

In response to location, as with any mid to large city, especially one with a mild climate, there is a positive correlation between population and homelessness, and Vancouver is unfortunately no exception to that rule. Our location at Seymour and Dunsmuir is as central as it gets in downtown, and as such there is a lot of foot traffic around our building which includes everyone from business persons to occasional transient persons.

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, is also the most difficult to offer a service that pleases everyone and still allow us to offer to guests included in their stay. While the food is not buffet style, we definitely do not restrict coffee or tea consumption, usually leaving the coffee pot on the guests’ table and offering hot water refills on our personal sized tea pots. I have spoken with our Breakfast Service Team about this comment and we apologize that your service experiences lead you to perceive that limited beverage service was the norm.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review with the Trip Advisor Community and us.

Warm regards,
Meryl Macdonald
Executive Assistant
Edmonds, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our family stayed at the St. Regis for a long weekend and would definitely come back. The rooms were stylish and very clean. (Though some of the rooms were on the small side). A full breakfast is included with the stay. The hotel is an easy walk from Gastown and is also less than a block from the Sky Train station. The staff was friendly.

The only drawback was the "handicap accessible" room we requested. It had good grab-bars in the bathroom, but included a huge tub that was difficult for anyone to get into, rather than a shower. This would make it impossible for anyone who had serious mobility issues to bathe.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, which are much larger than the regular rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We've just spent a 2 night break at the St Regis after a ski trip to Whistler. The hotel is in a great location, just a couple of blocks away from Canada Place, Gastown etc. We booked the standard room & it was spacious, comfortable & finished to a good standard. Best of all, the staff were all really friendly & helpful. All in all, it was great value for money & we'd definately stay at the St Regis again.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Recently stayed here on business and it was fabulous. The location is perfect. The room was wonderful. Breakfast was wonderful. Loved the access to the Steve Nash gym. Not sure I'd stay here on a family trip, but would absolutely stay here again for business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here twice for 3 nights in total and would definitely stay again. The Rooms were modern clean and tidy, very easy to walk from hotel to downtown Vancouver shops and Gastown.
Reception was very helpful and recommended Steam Works for dinner which was a short walk away and had excellent food and service. We had breakfast included in our stay and our waitress was very attentive and helpful when we had to have a quick early brekkie one time, and they had good food and was made fresh for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple