“Modern boutique-style hotel in a great location”
Review of St. Regis Hotel

St. Regis Hotel
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
“Modern boutique-style hotel in a great location”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Good value for money. Clean, modern rooms (a tad on the small side). Very friendly, helpful staff and a suprisingly good full breakfast. Location is excellent; close to Robson St, skytrain station, good restaurants. Free passes to the gym were great - huge gym. Would definetly stay again for the right price (book early for better rates).

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

This small boutique hotel is my favorite in Vancouver. Located on Dunsmuir at Seymour, it's central for all the things I do when in Vancouver (including going to BC Place and Pacific Centre Mall). Pricing is very reasonable especially when you factor in the great breakfast, international calling and wifi all of which is included in the room price. Parking is $25/day in a good underground parkade next door.

It's easy to get to by car and the Canada Line from Vancouver International Airport (Granville Station is very close by).

The rooms are beautiful and modern, though the three I've stayed in are of modest size. There's a good desk with all the connections and outlets a business traveller needs.

It's a busy part of town at all hours so you're likely to hear some traffic and the occasional shouting match among Vancouver's ubiquitous street people. Earplugs are a good idea (as with most hotels).

I've already booked my next stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

The location is central, right off Granville. Next to the SkyTrain. The hotel is quiet given its location. Prices are unbeatable for what you get. No gym but you get access to the Steve Nash sports club next door which is better than any hotel gym. The rooms are small but it is a boutique hotel and to be expected. I will keep coming back here.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Rooms here are fantastic - bright and clean - but it was the sense of value-for-money and the manner of the staff which makes this such an exceptional hotel. Unlike many upmarket chains, use of the business centre, wi-fi, international calls and other services are complimentary, so there's a real feeling of value for money. The front-of-house staff are faultlessly helpful and friendly and the hotel in general benefits from a more 'boutique' feel that comes from being slightly smaller than your average city-centre chain. Outstanding.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2012

So I was a bit concerned when I heard there was a hotel chain in the US called "St Regis", as I usually try to avoid chains like the plague. I find that smaller independent operations are usually more personal and concerned with detail. Unlike some other reviewers on here, I was very glad to discover that place was just like I first hoped, not too large and packed with extras.
Breakfast and International calls included were an awesome bonus!
We stayed here before and after a trip to the north of BC, and they kindly looked after our luggage for almost a week!!
We were so impressed with St Regis that I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. We had a very modern, clean and spacious room, both times we stayed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is my favourite hotel in Vancouver! The staff is super friendly a d accommodating! Breakfast in the dining hall is included. Their suites are chic yet comfortable. It's my home away from home when travelling for work. Location is central to lots of shopping. I forgo my points at other major hotel chains to stay here, but now the st. Regis has their own reward program so you can earn points when you stay ! Yay! I love this place :)

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a small boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Vancouver and is not a part of the St. Regis chain of hotels.

The front desk staff was friendly and eager to help (though, I will say they led me astray twice on restaurant recommendations; both times, they did not mention restaurants were closed on particular days and times I was specifically asking them about...). This is why service got 4 stars and not 5. However, I had an issue with the shower drain in my room, and they came to fix it first thing the next morning. I made a restaurant reservation through the front desk, and the restaurant warmly welcomed me and already knew what I wanted to order because the front desk had told them. The front desk enthusiastically went through a map of Vancouver with me and made great recommendations on how to best see the city in the limited time I had there. The general manager himself helped me with my bags upon checkout.

This hotel offers a lot of freebies included in the room rate (including wifi, newspaper, Fiji waters, apples, access to the Steve Nash gym around the corner, breakfast), the most important of which to me was free international calls from the room. I'm from the US, and I always feel isolated in Canada without the ability to make cell calls unless I incur lots of charges. This was a welcome surprise to find out this, too, was included!

The room's fit and finish was first rate and very modern. The only complaint I had about the room was the noise from neighboring doors slamming shut. This kept me awake on the first night and woke me up early the next morning. N.B -I knew my room would not have a great view or be particularly spacious because I booked the smart queen room through a discount website. If you're concerned about those things, don't book the smart queen room rate through a discount website.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and stay here again.