2,757 results
All reviewsmade to order breakfastfree international callsfiji watergotham steakhousetelephone callsgranville stationfree phonebar and grilldowntown vancouverbreakfast was includedsmall elevatorfree bottled waterstreet noisecanada placesmall hotelfront desk staffcanada line
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Perfect...that's all I can say!! Totally re-done...in a great old building with real character!!...the kind of hotel we like the best! And a wonderful, helpful staff...an amazing full breakfast included..and we could walk to the cruise ship!! Plus a bar/restaurant next door and right in the middle of the shops and central Vancouver.

We had stayed here before...and loved it before the remodel...but it is even better now...when we are in the lovely city of Vancouver again...we will always stay here!! Staff, room, breakfast, help with info...just the best!! For my Cruise Critic friends.. couldn't suggest a better hotel prior to a cruise...and oh...did I mention.??? if you ride the subway type system from the airport to here...you are just two blocks away!! LuAnn

Room Tip: Didn't rate the pool and spa...not sure they have one? I always request a room high up in a venue..especially in a city..to help avoid the city noise...also non smoking (which most hotels offer now) and a queen or king size bed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If like us you fly from Heathrow and land at 5pm Vancouver time (which is actually 1am UK time the following day) well initially all you want to do is go to bed and you don't really appreciate your surroundings. But after a good nights sleep in a lovely comfy bed with the option of aircon or the luxury of an open window (how many hotels never get a change of air from the day the last brick is laid?) the attraction of this hotel becomes apparent. It is small, cool and classy. Nothing too much trouble. The only criticism was the breakfast which while offering quite a good choice was a bit chaotic service-wise. All three options piled onto the same plate so sausages/eggs/fresh fruit making a bit of a mess. We enjoyed 3 nights there and went back for one more after a trip up North. The comment upon arrival the second time around was "we are home" and that is exactly how it felt. Lovely place and deserving of all 5 star recommendations. Forgot to say it is in a very central location. PS a trip out to the Museum of Anthropology (by taxi) is worth every penny and a huge surprise. It looks quite small but wander off to the right and open various doors and don't hesitate to open the drawers under the displays.
St Regis, the only place to stay in Vancouver.

Room Tip: comments have been made about noise from the street and how it is worth opting for a room on upper floors. In our experience it made no diffference. The aircon is very efficient and whether on third of fifth floor the "noise" was exactly the same.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AliAndalucia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Friends recommended our staying at the St. Regis and we are so happy we listened ! From the first moment we arrived, we were made to feel comfortable and welcome. Our room was spacious, well appointed, and spotless. But it is of the bed and bedding that I wish to wax poetic - best sleep ever ! And please don't get me started about dinner at Gorham's. Delicious. Amazing. I would have liked to stay for an entire year there...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Lovely boutique hotel in Vancouver. The location was excellent, close to the underground train station and shopping mall and a short walk to Canada Place cruise terminal. The rooms were nicely furnished and the bathroom beautiful. The water pressure in the shower wasn't very strong though. My friend told me the breakfast was fabulous. I had to leave early for tours so wasn't able to have breakfast there. The front desk staff were very helpful and they stored my suitcase whilst I travelled to Seattle for 3 days. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I've stayed in Vancouver BC many times and had never heard of the St. Regis. The location was just a few blocks off of the major shopping streets. It's been recently remodeled and looks and feels very nice. The staff all provided excellent customer service! The breakfast included, was very good as you actually get to choose off a menu which was a very nice discovery. We had lunch one afternoon in the bar and they have a very nice large selection of beer.
The noon check out is most helpful. For a boutique hotel in a major city you cannot go wrong!

Room Tip: If you have the opportunity to get a room on a higher floor, do so. The street noise at night was a bit loud but we were on the first floor and believe if we had moved which we could of done, however we chose to stay in the room given the first night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business