“Granny 109”

Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I took my Wife for a valentines get away and had a great time. We have not been to the hotel in a few years and it was a welcome surprise. They have done a face life on the rooms, but the people are still just as friendly. The staff at the front desk was vary friendly and helpful, help us find our way around Vancouver. Everyone always had a smile on their face and greeted you.
The bell man would always run to get your car and we didn't have to tell him our name, they knew everyone.
We will defiantly be going back again this year for a longer stay.

Room Tip: We have never been in a bad room, so I think they are all exceptional.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,859)

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I loved this hotel so much that we booked it again before leaving Vancouver for the UK after a skiing trip to Whistler. On arrival with some jet lag we checked in & loved the plush room & then had supper in the lounge bar which had a real buzz, great atmosphere & great pianist! The Bacchus lounge is seductive, dark wood & lowly lit with an open fire. Fabulous!! Service was great & very friendly & efficient. Lovely food. Breakfast was terrific. I can't recommend this hotel enough. We had a room upgrade on the 2nd booking. Didn't use the spa. Great location. Good value for money in my view & should be higher up the list

Room Tip: Possibly the front - sort of view towards mountains - over the street. Both rooms we had had balcon...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My sister and I decided to run away from home for a couple of nights so we chose the Wedgewood Hotel & Spa in downtown Vancouver, BC. We were treated so nice by all the Staff in the hotel, lounge and restaurant. We felt like we were really special guests. Our room was excellent, the beds were really comfortable and the room was very spacious. Also included with our stay was a complimentary continental breakfast for each day we were there. At night the maid came to our room to turn down our beds and left us cookies and water. On our first night there we were also given a box of chocolates with a thank you card for choosing the hotel for our stay. That to me is pretty classy treatment. It is located right in the centre of the shopping district along Robson Street (3 minutes from hotel). I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I booked a room with two beds months in advance of our stay only to be forced into a room with a single bed when we arrived on the early afternoon of our stay. My travel companion and I were not accustom to sharing a bed. It made for a very awkward night. The front desk staff were rude and unhelpful. If we could've stayed somewhere else we would have but everywhere else I tried the afternoon we arrived was fully booked. They also refused to offer a refund.

I booked this hotel through their website (not a third party discount site), then made personal contact through email and telephone to ensure we would get a room with two beds. I was told we would have two beds.

The hotel itself is very nice and in a good location, but ultimately this is the worst nice hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
11  Thank BeckyAB
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Wedgewood Hotel and Spa is a very nice boutique hotel ideally located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, across the street from Robson Square.

Located in an older building, the rooms are well appointed and the bed is excellent. But what makes this hotel excellent is the service: On my reservation, I asked for a quiet room and, to make sure I was in a quiet area of the hotel, the front agent upgraded me to a one bedroom suite at the end of a hallway. Other staff members, from housekeeping, valet parking and the lounge were also really helpful and friendly.

If the hotel is reasonably priced, the “side” services are expensive and you will end up with a higher bill than expected: mandatory valet parking (if you have a car) is a minimum of $25/day and the bar is overpriced. I didn’t try the restaurant.

However, if you are ready to deal with, or can avoid paying for these services, the Wedgewood is one of the best choices while staying in downtown Vancouver.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bosley2705
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Loved this small hotel. Feel of British stately home in the reception with a nice fireplace and sofas,cozy and clean rooms. The only downside was the view, none. But who cares. You are minutes from the Vancouver Art Gallery,fantastic cafes on Hornby street and all the shopping.The The hotel lends guests umbrellas that we forgot and needed both days we stayed...thanks.
Hotel has also coffee Nespresso machines in every room I cannot live without...what a nice touch.
Room service brings fresh cookies every night,great especially if you travel with kids and they also bring nice chocolates as a arrival present.
Restaurant and Lounge Bacchus is also recommended. Loved the piano.
There is Starbucks, vintage store and a nice kids boutique next to the hotel. Worth exploring.

Room Tip: For an extra $20 you can have a room with a street view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was my third stay at The Wedgewood. My husband and I were delighted that we'd arrived on the first night of 'Dine Around Vancouver', and The Wedgewood was participating, offering a great package. This small hotel is elegant, and has an excellent restaurant and lounge, Bacchus, with a talented piano man. The standout for us was the staff and service. All staff we encountered we're unfailingly professional, warm, and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple